Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Soft Drummer drum mapping - Xequence content

I recorded Soft Drummer into Xequence. SD has on its midi map page that the kick starts at C1, but the recorded data in Xequence shows the kick “note” as being C3. Any idea as to why there is this discrepancy? I only noticed this because I’m creating a drum map for SD in Xequence.

Comments

• edited December 2018

@ALB said:
    I recorded Soft Drummer into Xequence. SD has on its midi map page that the kick starts at C1, but the recorded data in Xequence shows the kick “note” as being C3. Any idea as to why there is this discrepancy? I only noticed this because I’m creating a drum map for SD in Xequence.

That's just a labeling convention issue... there is really no global standard on how to number octaves. Xequence adheres to the MIDI octave numbering scheme, i.e. the lowest octave is 0. (that would probably be -2 in Soft Drummer, so there's your offset :)).

When you finished your drum map, be sure to send it to me for inclusion in the factory maps to get a free IAP of your choice!

• @SevenSystems said:

@ALB said:

That's just a labeling convention issue... there is really no global standard on how to number octaves. Xequence adheres to the MIDI octave numbering scheme, i.e. the lowest octave is 0. (that would probably be -2 in Soft Drummer, so there's your offset :)).

When you finished your drum map, be sure to send it to me for inclusion in the factory maps to get a free IAP of your choice!

Hey thanks - That makes complete sense. I have finished the Soft Drummer map - a very modest 10 pads were all that were needed. What is the best way to send you this setup? I have all of the available IAPS, but if something new is coming I’m certainly up for that!

• @ALB oh that's great, thanks for the support :) you could just send me the .xeqdrums file, you can find it from the iOS Files App in "On my iPad" -> "Xequence" -> "Drum Maps". E-mail address is in PM. Cheers!

• Is it possible to do a GR-16 map for the Drums (Bottom Row, Channel 9-16).. instead of having ‘8’ separate tracks, can they be mapped to 1 GM channel?

• @SevenSystems said:
    @ALB oh that's great, thanks for the support :) you could just send me the .xeqdrums file, you can find it from the iOS Files App in "On my iPad" -> "Xequence" -> "Drum Maps". E-mail address is in PM. Cheers!

No problem. I’m still testing it out - it’s a bit trickier than I thought. Will send when ready.

• Ok - sent you a message from my personal email.