Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Christmas money

I currently run my guitar bias and xdrummer and A single studio monitor and just got 100$ for xmas....so what should I spend it on? My options

1. A matching studio monitor
  2. More apps
  3. Bass guitar

What gets your vote?

Comments

• A bass or another monitor, they'll function for a lot longer than $100 worth of apps. And playing bass is a good skill to have.

• Hmmm 1 and 3 :D :D

• Do you like any of the bass playing Apps for your musical style?
    iBassist - you input chords and it can sync with LumBeats drummers but I'm not sure about XDrummer. Does it support LINK? iBassist works best as a the LINK controlling app.

If you do then $100 in apps will give you better more complete tracks in less time than doing your own Bass lines. But learning to play bass is nice I only rarely see someone work with both skills but I'm sure there are a lot of bands that rotate roles, etc.

What would you like to produce this year? More tracks or a more capable musician for live performing?

No one hears our music on perfect studio monitors... that should trigger another POV, huh? It's earbuds and headphones for the win.

• @McDtracy said:
    Do you like any of the bass playing Apps for your musical style?
    iBassist - you input chords and it can sync with LumBeats drummers but I'm not sure about XDrummer. Does it support LINK? iBassist works best as a the LINK controlling app.

If you do then $100 in apps will give you better more complete tracks in less time than doing your own Bass lines. But learning to play bass is nice I only rarely see someone work with both skills but I'm sure there are a lot of bands that rotate roles, etc.

What would you like to produce this year? More tracks or a more capable musician for live performing?

No one hears our music on perfect studio monitors... that should trigger another POV, huh? It's earbuds and headphones for the win.

Yea I'm just a bedroom musician.....I just like to lay down some simple tracks....I played bass for a few years back on the day but now on guitar I just write simple riffs in drop d

• @Jdolecek48 said:

@McDtracy said:
    Do you like any of the bass playing Apps for your musical style?

Yea I'm just a bedroom musician.....I just like to lay down some simple tracks....I played bass for a few years back on the day but now on guitar I just write simple riffs in drop d

The other monitor would be the sensible option, so you can do proper stereo mixing. But as a bassist, I’d have to go for that one...

• Monitor. Not as sexy as a bass guitar but a good long term purchase.

• @Jdolecek48 said:

If you don't have he passion for making tracks, grooves, loops then definitely buy another real instrument (bass) you can take out to play with other musicians. Until then play along with your guitar to get ready for a group experience. Learn famous songs in the styles you love. Then use a musicians service to find other locals that want to make bands and perform. This is the best way to make friends and meet potential life partners.