Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TC-data updates with Audiobus midi

....and state saving :) This is great for designing patches now as part of a set up.

Comments

• State saving is key. I’ve been loath to try anything too complex without the ability to quickly recall all the routing.

• Ooh, that's pretty cool. Where do you put this in the lane of AB3? How do you route this, say, to Modstep?

• yeah me too, AU would be naturally welcomed, but this is the next best thing.

• Ooh nice. This app was my one Black Friday purchase and now it just went way up in value to me. <3

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Ooh, that's pretty cool. Where do you put this in the lane of AB3? How do you route this, say, to Modstep?

You'd use TC-data in midi input -> Modstep tracks in the midi output.
    You could also filter different midi channels in the lanes for multi performance patches using midiflow channels but hopefully we'll get the option to do that in Audiobus soonish...

• Holy smokes, I’m feeling all vertigoey. Vertiginous. State saving and easy recall mean it’s probably worth tackling the TC-apeMatrix mega synth at some point. It’s like a beautiful sinkhole just opened up. I wonder how deep it is...

• Amazing - I thought this app was history.

• Quick go pushing it out to Obsidian in NS2 very Expressive.

• The key thing still missing though is sync, was hoping this would mean sync to Audiobus and thus Link, but unless I'm missing it, not possible just yet, hope that's on the agenda :)

• edited December 2018

I can’t seem to get this to work. I put TC Data in the midi lane, say Micro Tera AU in the output. I can hear the synth but not responding to TC Data. Tried a few synths. Enabled Virtual MIDI aim TC Data as well.

[Edit: ignore! It was the TC Data patch I was using. This is dope!!]

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Quick go pushing it out to Obsidian in NS2 very Expressive.

Sexy !!

• @gusgranite said:
    I can’t seem to get this to work. I put TC Data in the midi lane, say Micro Tera AU in the output. I can hear the synth but not responding to TC Data. Tried a few synths. Enabled Virtual MIDI aim TC Data as well.

Put Scale Bud in the middle and it sounds like I know what I’m doing!

• Dang tc11 isn't included in this, only data 😫

• @gusgranite said:

@gusgranite said:

Put Scale Bud in the middle and it sounds like I know what I’m doing!

:o

• Remember TC-Data and Audiobus 3 both have the capability of split screen mode so you can use the both on the same screen together.