Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

One For Willie/ MP11se Meets Beathawk

edited December 2018 in Creations

Hey, @WillieNegus , I just finished this. Thought we might celebrate your post with it. Keep on keepin' on.

Improvised with Kawai MP11se Shigeru Concert Grand sample piped into Cubasis for a little whirl with Beathawk Brass Ensemble and Choirs. iSymphonic classic orchestra patch to round it out. First time automating an effects track. So amazing!

Comments

• Man, that’s beautiful!

• Dope af! freestyled a few words off the top of my head and sent PM on first listen. Honored to have inspired you in any way btw...

• Loved it great improvisation and nice feeling :)

• You’re killing it LL. Fits the season really well. Wish I was even 1% as productive at creating quality music.

• Thanks so much @thatguysmitty @BroCoast @WillieNegus @Janosax your praise is unbeatable!

And thank you @robertreynolds. I thought about what you said about productivity. This may be my creative last gasp!

There was a thread about what stops people from finishing... I think perfectionism and being overwhelmed by choices are the most inhibiting factors. Not sure if this applies for you, though. My stuff is based on improvising, and sometimes the bird flies and sometimes not.

I posted a stretch recently called Whirligig. A friend pointed out the pianistic failings to me. He was totally right and I wasn't offended in the least. I knew the thing was much less than perfect but it had some solid energy and one particular place where the musical resolution was very satisfying to me. That was enough to allow me to post it. Folks don't always need perfection to get the feeling. Just finishing can be enough ( not finishing can be enough, too!). One often doesn't even know what's there till later. And rough around the edges has its own kind of reality and aliveness. It's a lark, after all, and even the best creations slip off page one of the forum and join everything lsebin the murky past. Don't know if this helps, clarifies or applies, Robert. Just what your remark stimulated.