Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Xdrummer,ibassist

For a one man band inside his bedroom which drum app is best for rock drummer 5 vs xdrummer???

Is ibassist as good as it looks like for a rock guy?

Grabbing these apps the way to go? Xdrummer looks like the bomb, I'm hoping it's not too good to be true

Comments

• @Jdolecek48 said:
    For a one man band inside his bedroom which drum app is best for rock drummer 5 vs xdrummer???

Is ibassist as good as it looks like for a rock guy?

Grabbing these apps the way to go? Xdrummer looks like the bomb, I'm hoping it's not too good to be true

iBassist has a lot of potential, but, in my opinion, it is not as "real" sounding as LUM's drum apps. His drum apps (at least Soft Drummer and Funk Drummer) seem to have programmed in a drummer's sensibility in terms of how to change things up for natural variation. iBassist doesn't do any voice leading. So, it doesn't know how to construct bass lines and adapt them to the changes in the way that a real bass player does (or the way something like Band-in-a-Box or iReal does). But it can certainly provide something to jam, too.

I haven't used Xdrummer or Rock Drummer 5, but I have not heard much good about xdrummer.

• Your are right about one thing- x drummer does look like the bomb. The graphics are in fact fantastic. As long as you look at your music you are all set. Beyond that, i think you might discover that the sound doesn't match the wonderful graphics.

Im a bassist, so I don't use Ibassist.if it's as good as his drum apps though then you're in good shape with it.

• I'm just not sure which drum app to get.....I just want to grab my guitar and jam...the video demo shows how you can play a riff and then xdrummer lays down a matching beat for your certain genre.....but I want to choose the the most realistic sounding and is most useful for jamming and song writing

• @Jdolecek48 said:
    I'm just not sure which drum app to get.....I just want to grab my guitar and jam...the video demo shows how you can play a riff and then xdrummer lays down a matching beat for your certain genre.....but I want to choose the the most realistic sounding and is most useful for jamming and song writing

GarageBand?

• I'm on ios 10 so I can't get GarageBand being on ipad4

• My preference is an iBassist / Soft Drummer combo. It’s true though that you have to go ‘under the hood’ to make it all shine

• After watching some vids I'm now trying to decide eith drum session or rock drummer, thoughts?

• @Jdolecek48 said:
    I'm on ios 10 so I can't get GarageBand being on ipad4

Interesting. My iPhone has iOS 10 and runs GarageBand (an older version). Do they no longer let you download legacy versions of it?

• @Fitz said:
    My preference is an iBassist / Soft Drummer combo. It’s true though that you have to go ‘under the hood’ to make it all shine

SoftDrummer really has a natural feel to it and is quite versatile.

• I’m a big fan of Rock Drummer and Soft Drummer, and iBassist too is great for jams and to get a track going. I think they are all good investments.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Jdolecek48 said:
    I'm on ios 10 so I can't get GarageBand being on ipad4

Interesting. My iPhone has iOS 10 and runs GarageBand (an older version). Do they no longer let you download legacy versions of it?

Yes exactly

• Agree 1000%!
    You gotta dig a little with iBassist but it rewards you nicely once you get the hang of it!

It even responds to chord changes as you play in realtime using an external midi controller or even from app to app!

@PhilW said:
    I’m a big fan of Rock Drummer and Soft Drummer, and iBassist too is great for jams and to get a track going. I think they are all good investments.

• I’m a big fan of Drum Session. Here’s an example.

https://m.soundcloud.com/anorton/shes-my-girl

• @supanorton said:
    I’m a big fan of Drum Session. Here’s an example.

Same here!
    And dig your track too :smiley:

• edited December 2018

You need to try Xdrummer. Sounds like real drums to me. As good as Ezdrummer?. Rock Drummer and the variants are great, but just try this.

It also has a very nice UI.

I like ease of use, so i've been using Drum Beats+, but the drums on this sound so good i'm sort of forced to use it :D (not that it's difficult to use).

• @senhorlampada said:

@supanorton said:
    I’m a big fan of Drum Session. Here’s an example.

Same here!
    And dig your track too :smiley:

Thank you, kindly.