Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Thankfully it's a 'new app' so I can keep on using my old fully IAP:ed version for the time being...

• I was just looking to see if anyone else noticed.

I mean, for a working DJ it seems like a legit option at $40/year. It is $9.99 for the first year for anyone who has another Algoriddim app installed on their device.

The features look pretty good, no?

• @Hmtx said:
    I was just looking to see if anyone else noticed.

I mean, for a working DJ it seems like a legit option at $40/year. It is $9.99 for the first year for anyone who has another Algoriddim app installed on their device.

Considering the amount of nonsense spoken about DJPP being subscription, I expect plenty of crow to be eaten.

• Is this the best DJ app?
    There are quite a few, but this seems pretty full-on.

• @Turntablist said:
    Considering the amount of nonsense spoken about DJPP being subscription, I expect plenty of crow to be eaten.

haha, not on my part, but yes indeed.

for what its worth I can't justify "recreational" app subscriptions. I would only do subscriptions for apps I need in a consistent paid gigs

• @CracklePot said:
    Is this the best DJ app?

For me the killer feature is Spotify integration. The only other DJ app I'm aware of which has it is Pacemaker, but I find DJ easier to use. Not sure how other apps compare as in all honesty if they don't support Spotify, I'm not interested!

Glad I bought the last version (which I am happy with) before the subscription came in, but fair play to them for trying it, I understand they need to make money to support development of the product etc. Not sure if the price point is right though. I'd probably pay £2/month for Djay but not £5 as I only use it for fun at home.

• @CracklePot said:
    Is this the best DJ app?

Depends what you are looking for, DJay is a solid app but doesn't really compete with desktop software, the only app that does that is DJPP, because it is the only DJ software completely developed by one developer and doesn't rely on any 3rd party libraries like all the others, be it on IOS or desktop, it is extremely stable and responsive, which are the two most important qualities of any DJ software.

• As a professional DJ, i'm not a fan of subscriptions for anything geared for performance and used "in the wild". I understand it's just a way to help the company's bottom line, but subscriptions actually make me pay LESS since I can test it out for a month and then walk away.

I've bought Djay/Vjay/Djay Pro for iphone, ipad, and Mac. That's at least 6 or 7 different purchases. This year, although I've old my Djay-compatible controller, I still use Djay Pro on a iphone for background music and as a backup at events.

With that said, if it was just a flat $20 upgrade, I would take my holiday gig money and make an impulse buy just to play with the new features. The fact they've removed the older apps that I depend on just leaves such a bad taste in my mouth and makes me wary of giving them more money. Serato does it the right way...you can subscribe month-to-month and get everything OR you can purchase the software outright and the feature add-ons a la carte.

• @Hmtx said:
    I was just looking to see if anyone else noticed.

See that's the shady part about subscriptions. Instead of just charging $50 for the app and letting the folks that want it cheaper wait for a sale...Here's the first year for $10 and next year you'll forget the renewal date and get hit with a $40 charge out of nowhere.

• Well...I just read Algo's explanation on their site. It's not as bad as I originally thought...much more generous than DJPP when they moved to subscription-based.

• The new App mentions AutoMix to be non-pro, but when I want to try it, the App only shows the Pro subscription page.

• edited December 2018

@coolout said:
    See that's the shady part about subscriptions. Instead of just charging $50 for the app and letting the folks that want it cheaper wait for a sale...Here's the first year for $10 and next year you'll forget the renewal date and get hit with a $40 charge out of nowhere.

actually its not that bad. You can:

• purchase 1 year subscription today
    • cancel subscription tomorrow
    • subscription remains active for the 1 year but no auto-renewal

This is one very nice thing about iOS subscriptions that isn't highly advertised and I'm sure the big companies would rather we didn't know. Funny how easy it is to subscribe with a single tap and how hard it is to dive into the menus to find the place to cancel subscriptions.

• @Hmtx said:

@coolout said:

This is one very nice thing about iOS subscriptions that isn't highly advertised and I'm sure the big companies would rather we didn't know. Funny how easy it is to subscribe with a single tap and how hard it is to dive into the menus to find the place to cancel subscriptions.

Yeah I agree IOS rules are a little bit better with subscriptions that some other guys. I got burned by Slate plugins this year with their "month-to-month" subscription that really a yearly subscription that's billed each month and auto-renews. Missed the cancel date...oh you're stuck with the $14 a month charge for another year.

• Looks like I’ll be sticking with the old app until it doesn’t work anymore. I love mixing tracks together but I’ve never liked the half baked feel of trying to “produce” with Dj software. Oh goody I get to mix super generic static beats together yay! I love repetitive music (no sarcasm) but it’s got to have lots of subtle changes and modulation going on. These things just sound stale.

• edited December 2018

@coolout said:

@Hmtx said:

@coolout said:

Yeah I agree IOS rules are a little bit better with subscriptions that some other guys. I got burned by Slate plugins this year with their "month-to-month" subscription that really a yearly subscription that's billed each month and auto-renews. Missed the cancel date...oh you're stuck with the $14 a month charge for another year.

Disagree! There are no clear rules concerning iOS subscriptions. Some devs/companies lure you into a subscription just after a week of feree trail perios and are total vague about the how, when and how to get out of their model others however state cleary how their subscription works and how to cancel. Apple should be much more clear about subscriptions and set up clear rules. So on iOS it can be the same disaster with subscriptions as with Windows/ MacOS.

• @mannix said:

@coolout said:

@Hmtx said:

@coolout said:

Disagree! There are no clear rules concerning iOS subscriptions. Some devs/companies lure you into a subscription just after a week of feree trail perios and are total vague about the how, when and how to get out of their model others however state cleary how their subscription works and how to cancel. Apple should be much more clear about subscriptions and set up clear rules. So on iOS it can be the same disaster with subscriptions as with Windows/ MacOS.

I think you can cancel any and all subscriptions in the App Store App.
    Enter your account (where your email is shown), scroll down to subscriptions.
    There, you can see any active and any cancelled subscription and can cancel or re-subscribe.

Should be easy and the same for any and all Apps.

• @tja said:
    There, you can see any active and any cancelled subscription and can cancel or re-subscribe.

this is true, but it is not terribly easy to find or easy to remember. I think Apple would do well to require any app that has a "subscribe" button in the app to also have an "unsubscribe" option equally accessible within the app.

• Note that Algoriddim has done well in being very clear about subscriptions and how to cancel. This is from the link in the OP.

How do I cancel my subscription?
    You can stop subscription payments at any time by clicking this link to manage your subscriptions, or through the Settings app on your iOS device.

1. On your iOS device go to the Settings app > [your name] > iTunes & App Store.
    2. Tap your Apple ID at the top of the screen, then tap View Apple ID. You might need to sign in with your Apple ID.
    3. Scroll to Subscriptions, then tap it.
    4. Tap the djay subscription.
    5. Use the options to manage your subscription.

Please note: You will continue to have access to djay Pro until the end of your subscription cycle, after which all features and content will be disabled and you will only be able to use the free app features.

• DJPP subscription is the best for me, one time fee, i think it was $60, lasts for five years and wont auto update.

• Got djay for free a long time ago. This one year subscription for $9.99 looks interesting. Anyone know how long this offer for owners of older djay versions stands? Not needing it right now, but could in the future, such a subscription is of course best if you really are in need :)

• @Hmtx said:

@tja said:

this is true, but it is not terribly easy to find or easy to remember. I think Apple would do well to require any app that has a "subscribe" button in the app to also have an "unsubscribe" option equally accessible within the app.

Or just standard opt-out for those free to try offers that after a short while mean automatic subscription.

• Not a bad price at $4.99/month, and I'm GLAD the subscription is iOS-based. Just be sure to check the subscriptions under your profile a couple times a week, and if there's anything you don't use anymore, cancel it there.

So, this subscription is a "content-based" subscription much like Auxy. These are often the best subscription plans, because you aren't paying the same rate for nothing new. Helps upkeep licensing fees, not just development, and after the Premiere Vintage Organ fiasco, I'm all for it.

I'm considering hopping on board the $9.99 annual just to test drive. Once December next year comes, if I'm still using it, I'll switch to the monthly then. Easy peasy.

• I used to buy dj apps to dick around with when they were cheap. $40 a year is too much to just dick around. I suspect they are going to lose a ton of casual users and hope to make it up on the hardcore ones.

Tim at Discchord is claiming they changed the app ID on Djay Pro users so purchasers of that app may no longer get updates. Can anyone confirm cause, if so, that is a dick move.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Not a bad price at $4.99/month, and I'm GLAD the subscription is iOS-based. Just be sure to check the subscriptions under your profile a couple times a week, and if there's anything you don't use anymore, cancel it there.

So, this subscription is a "content-based" subscription much like Auxy. These are often the best subscription plans, because you aren't paying the same rate for nothing new. Helps upkeep licensing fees, not just development, and after the Premiere Vintage Organ fiasco, I'm all for it.

I'm considering hopping on board the $9.99 annual just to test drive. Once December next year comes, if I'm still using it, I'll switch to the monthly then. Easy peasy.

We’re glad you’re enjoying... and now a year later - since you’re dependent on the app, subscription will be $8.99/month.

• edited December 2018

Does that mean the development for dj pro will end? If so greedy of them since their files support is lacking and the playlist editing is also weak. Will be sticking with Traktor instead as it has better FX built in and an easier UI, though DJ pro had some sweet potential...

This is worse than what Korg did with Primier. I never trusted Algoriddem. This scummy move just confirms I should trust my instincts more.