Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Tech Wizards of Audiobus forum.. Network Midi Hosts?

Ok I need to sync an OP-1 to a Digitakt. they need a USB MIDI host between them.
What apps do you know of that can do this?
Any help really appreciated.

Comments

• Key here is it needs to be able to receive MIDI clock from one network MIDI session and pass it to another. Have emailed the developer of Midiflow but no response

• wimwim
    edited December 2018

They can’t just be plugged into a USB hub and talk directly?

• You are doing it wrong.
    Op1 has usb midi in/out
    DT has both usb and 5pin in/out.
    Network midi is a shit.
    2 usb cables, 1 usb hub, 1cck, 1 iPad, any midi filtering/routing app.
    Connect you 3 devices, use iPad as central hub, route clock from DT to OP1.

• edited December 2018

Sorry should have mentioned I’m using a USB hub, cck, and the USB cables that come with op1 and digitakt.

So any app that supports midi routing will work?

edit: should have said coreMIDI instead of network MIDI :D

• @wim said:
    They can’t just be plugged into a USB hub and talk directly?

no, neither is a USB midi host

• Plug the devices into your hub and CCK and iPad, then use AUM's MIDI routing to connect the 2 USB ports. You can use other apps to do this too, but AUM is the simplest I think.
    Basically your iPad will work as the USB host.

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Plug the devices into your hub and CCK and iPad, then use AUM's MIDI routing to connect the 2 USB ports. You can use other apps to do this too, but AUM is the simplest I think.

@AndyPlankton said:
    Plug the devices into your hub and CCK and iPad, then use AUM's MIDI routing to connect the 2 USB ports. You can use other apps to do this too, but AUM is the simplest I think.

Thanks 🙏

• @mireko_2 Audiobus 3 would do the trick too if you don't have AUM. It is perhaps even more simple than AUM for this task.