Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria Pro Update V2.21 fixes AUv3 Midi 😎

wimwim
edited December 2018 in General App Discussion

AP plays back more than one note at a time from AUv3 midi apps now. And you can record the midi.

Comments

• Example setup using Rozeta XOX and Ruismaker

• Add an audio track with Ruismaker as an FX
    • Add a midi track with Rozeta XOX as the instrument
    • In the XOX track set set the midi output to the Ruismaker track/app
    • Remember that you always forget to arm the audio track. Slap yourself. Then arm it.
    • If you want to record the midi, arm the XOX track too.

That’s all I’ve tested, but it looks good so far!

• That's great news! It's been a long time. Thanks for the update.

• Humm... some timing offset issue apparently though. That beat should be on 1:2. Oh well, I’m used to needing to check / nudge tracks. Unfortunately, the notes on the first beat are not recorded since they fall before the pattern.

• That’s good news, strange this release didn’t get a beta though, 2.20 was last one I got.

• Every time i select thm overloud,auria crashes.
    Anyone else?

• I don’t own it. But there are some reports of that over on the Auria forum.

• @wim said:
    Humm... some timing offset issue apparently though. That beat should be on 1:2. Oh well, I’m used to needing to check / nudge tracks. Unfortunately, the notes on the first beat are not recorded since they fall before the pattern.

I’ve seen this behavior in other iOS DAW apps.

• @flo26 said:
    Every time i select thm overloud,auria crashes.
    Anyone else?

iOS 12 broke THM Overloud, they've been trying to fix it ever since, and this release was supposed to finally fix the issue, but it's clearly still broken.

• Still only one au midi inst at a time?

• _ki_ki
    edited December 2018

@vpich I tried around a bit to run XoX and Riffer as Midi AU with Ruismaker and Phasemaker as receiver Aus, but could not get it to run. Phasemaker always picked up both midi generator even though the midi output of the generator tracks was set to just one of the receivers.

I the tried to use an external midi proxie with Midiflow having MF-In routed to MF-Out, and sending both Midi AU on different channels, but still no luck - the midi Aus were not send to the midi output of Auria while playing, only after i recorded the midi data to its track.

Perhaps someone else will find a way.

• @_ki said:
    @vpich I tried around a bit to run XoX and Riffer as Midi AU with Ruismaker and Phasemaker as receiver Aus, but could not get it to run. Phasemaker always picked up both midi generator even though the midi output of the generator tracks was set to just one of the receivers.

I the tried to use an external midi proxie with Midiflow having MF-In routed to MF-Out, and sending both Midi AU on different channels, but still no luck - the midi Aus were not send to the midi output of Auria while playing, only after i recorded the midi data to its track.

Perhaps someone else will find a way.

no, that's what was previously happening and the new updates don't mention it, so i suspected no change. better than before, at least fully running one instrument. but still a ways to go. as soon as that works i'll be way more committed to auria pro

• I can load THM just fine on 12.1, 10.5 inch Pro, can't extensively test now to see if it crashes. I came to ask if the THM update meant it got the version 3 desktop treatment? Doesn't seem as if it did.

• Is there a way to load AU midi sequence generators like riffer and Roseta into Auria so that they’ll play midi instruments like Twin2?

Works fine if sending riffer running externally into Auria Pro, but can’t I use it to drive Twin2 from within Auria? I’ve tried everything I can think of, and must be missing something obvious. And yes, tracks are armed ;)

Seems like I had this working at some point.

• @skiphunt said:
    Is there a way to load AU midi sequence generators like riffer and Roseta into Auria so that they’ll play midi instruments like Twin2?

Works fine if sending riffer running externally into Auria Pro, but can’t I use it to drive Twin2 from within Auria? I’ve tried everything I can think of, and must be missing something obvious. And yes, tracks are armed ;)

The new AU Midi tools should help, not sure if it's possible without them but using the midi router should make it work anyway :)

• @Carnbot said:

@skiphunt said:
    Is there a way to load AU midi sequence generators like riffer and Roseta into Auria so that they’ll play midi instruments like Twin2?

The new AU Midi tools should help, not sure if it's possible without them but using the midi router should make it work anyway :)

Thanks... That’s what I was thinking. How would the basic setup using the new Audio Veeks be configured?

• @skiphunt said:

@Carnbot said:

@skiphunt said:

Thanks... That’s what I was thinking. How would the basic setup using the new Audio Veeks be configured?

Yeah good question. Had a quick look but no joy.... Been a while since I've been using Auria. Think it will be a while again because I find the whole midi routing thing so painful in it. I think you can't route anything to Twin2 even with those plugins but I could be wrong.....Hope will get a midi matrix one day.

• edited January 2019

@Carnbot said:

@skiphunt said:

@Carnbot said:

@skiphunt said:

Yeah good question. Had a quick look but no joy.... Been a while since I've been using Auria. Think it will be a while again because I find the whole midi routing thing so painful in it. I think you can't route anything to Twin2 even with those plugins but I could be wrong.....Hope will get a midi matrix one day.

I didn’t have any luck either. I tried Audio Veek in BM3 just to make sure I knew how it worked, but could only use it with midi fx like Roseta as shown in his demo video. Couldn’t get riffer to send it’s midi to another bank using the midi tools.

Giving up for now I think.

• edited January 2019

@skiphunt said:

@Carnbot said:

@skiphunt said:

@Carnbot said:

@skiphunt said:

I didn’t have any luck either. I tried Audio Veek in BM3 just to make sure I knew how it worked, but could only use it with midi fx like Roseta as shown in his demo video. Couldn’t get riffer to send it’s midi to another bank using the midi tools.

Giving up for now I think.

Does Riffer output midi events in the AU midi chain? You can use MIDI Monitor in the same plugin pack to test it out. Otherwise please let me know.

EDIT: For midi routing inside the same app, Midi Bus is strongly encouraged instead of Midi Route (which is intended for routing to outside apps, hardware, or more esoteric things like loopbacks).

• I don’t have Riffer, so can’t test.

However, in case it’s important to anyone: AUv3 plugins in Auria Pro are currently only outputting mono, not stereo, audio. I’ve reported the bug. It’s been acknowledged and sounded vaguely like it should be fixed in the next update, whenever that is.

• I think I got Riffer to record MIDI synth notes in Auria, by launching it in standalone mode, then pointing it to the relevant track in Auria. It’s a while back so can’t remember exactly...pretty sure it worked, though syncing it was a bit hit and miss.

• Seems like it worked better before. It was not intuitive then, but when it was first 'implemented' (to be generous), 5 minutes of experimenting had me up and running...now I'm just at a loss.