Stagelight q n a / features thread

edited December 2018 in General App Discussion

I think we need a go to thread for stagelight q n a and general knowledge 😁

I'll kick it off with a question I'm wondering as I'm just now diving into this great environment...

So I've created some clips in the pattern mode and I'm just having fun triggering clips in different orders to create some variations and build a track...

I'm wondering if I can record this live performance within the app into the linear song mode...or if everyone is recording externally into another daw

«13

Comments

  • edited December 2018

    “Ooh ooh i know!”

    Press and hold the Record button to bring up the option to record your clip playback sessions to the timeline.

  • Awesome! I didn't even think of that

  • edited December 2018

    Yeah. They hide a few things under Press+Hold gesture like NS2 does.

  • Now how do you make that dang keyboard smaller and to show more than one octave 😂 is driving me nuts

  • Oh I found it in settings

  • Switching the midi note view to wave scroller view is awesome, especially with the various speeds! Good work there!

  • @reasOne said:
    I think we need a go to thread for stagelight q n a and general knowledge 😁

    I'll kick it off with a question I'm wondering as I'm just now diving into this great environment...

    So I've created some clips in the pattern mode and I'm just having fun triggering clips in different orders to create some variations and build a track...

    I'm wondering if I can record this live performance within the app into the linear song mode...or if everyone is recording externally into another daw

    Hello,

    Here's a quick video that will show you how to arm loopbuilder to timeline recording: https://streamable.com/xh5jh

  • Things I would love to see.
    iia support
    Keyboard on the mixer screen
    Easier copy and paste of clips (still struggling with the select arrow thing)
    Delete tracks option easier to find

    I assume you can copy a track to a new track with the same synth/effects/settings but haven't it tried it yet..

  • @OpenLabstechsupport thanks! Got that figured out

  • How do you delete a track?

  • edited December 2018

    @RUST( i )K said:
    How do you delete a track?

    You have to take a few steps...
    Select the track..
    Bottom left corner click the > arrow to expose the channel strip.
    Click the gear icon.. in the channel strip
    Select delete...
    Take nap hahah

  • Is there anyone who is able to save their songs on iCloud/Dropbox etc? Even though I have set iCloud Drive as save location in the settings (general app settings) for Stagelight, it still saves my files locally on my iPad/iPhone.

  • I was able to successfully save to OneDrive. Make sure to click "Save to Cloud". Regular old save just saves locally AFAIK.

  • Yeah, you’re right. OneDrive works but no other cloud services it seems.

  • If I purchase kb-1 can I open it within stagelight to control another synth in a different channel, and also record the midi ?

  • When I open the app and choose a new song, I want it to go straight to the timeline with no tracks yet selected. Is that possible? It always opens on a drum pattern which is annoying to me !

  • @reasOne said:
    If I purchase kb-1 can I open it within stagelight to control another synth in a different channel, and also record the midi ?

    As of now no. This feature is not available in SL. It needs to support AUfx or midiFX to enable access to kB-1, Rozeta and other similar AUfx apps.

  • @QuietBrian said:
    When I open the app and choose a new song, I want it to go straight to the timeline with no tracks yet selected. Is that possible? It always opens on a drum pattern which is annoying to me !

    You can set which view Stagelight defaults to by going to Menu > Settings > General. Here locate the new song default drop down and select timeline

  • There’s a wave editor in stagelight but what can you do with it? I haven’t figured out what can be done with. All I can do is adding automation, but that’s about it.

  • How do you delete an oscillator in sampleverse?

  • edited December 2018

    I have Rozetta collider set up in stagelight, and kaspar as well, in collider I have the track io settings pulled up and selected, send midi to kaspar , but it's not triggering, any tips ?
    @OpenLabstechsupport

  • @OpenLabstechsupport said:

    @QuietBrian said:
    When I open the app and choose a new song, I want it to go straight to the timeline with no tracks yet selected. Is that possible? It always opens on a drum pattern which is annoying to me !

    You can set which view Stagelight defaults to by going to Menu > Settings > General. Here locate the new song default drop down and select timeline

    No matter whether I choose Loopbuilder View or Timeline View, this is what I always see when I open a new song.
    I just want a completely blank slate.

  • +1 (optionally)

  • @DaveMagoo said:
    How do you delete an oscillator in sampleverse?

  • @fattigman said:
    There’s a wave editor in stagelight but what can you do with it? I haven’t figured out what can be done with. All I can do is adding automation, but that’s about it.

    Help > Stagelight YouTube > Audio Editor

  • Does this have a way to sync with other apps or devices?

    Does this have midi learn?

    What is the midi assignment page, no channels just devices?

    All tracks omni?

  • @RUST( i )K said:
    Does this have a way to sync with other apps or devices?

    Humm, I don’t think so. No background audio, so unlikely, at least on the same device.

    Does this have midi learn?

    Yes.

    What is the midi assignment page, no channels just devices?

    All tracks omni?

    Gear icon in the track settings.

  • i was able to create a loop via spa ran extends from SL but with no background audio it was impossible to really create a good loop in spa..

    Anyone get rozeta to work inside SL?

    @reasOne said:
    I have Rozetta collider set up in stagelight, and kaspar as well, in collider I have the track io settings pulled up and selected, send midi to kaspar , but it's not triggering, any tips ?
    @OpenLabstechsupport

  • Thanks for all your answers @wim

  • No problemo amigo.

Sign In or Register to comment.