Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis: Update Soon

Though he would not give me a date, @LFS has mentioned a new update.
Lars said something about midi thru, but that was all he would divulge. I am loving CB more than ever, especially with the addition of Steinberg's UR22mk2 audio interface. A seamless setup ( once you turn on the microphone in privacy settings!). With my new (used) iPad Pro2 everything feels instantaneous, especially the AU plugins. It was really a struggle with the iPad4 and getting more complex mixes working was near impossible. That wasn't Steinberg's fault, of course. Just too little RAM, I guess. Going from 1 to 4gb makes a difference, I see. A big difference!

What do you think might be in this update? It would be great if the Noise inapps became available within CB. And some glue! I know there is a wish list out there. They do keep making it better now, don't they? Thanks, Team Cubasis!

Comments

• Let the speculations begin!

I read over at the Steinberg forums that there would be a change when editing velocity of the notes and that the change would take action directly without needing to stop & start playback. That's a BIG plus in my book.

Then I can always hope for the long over-due triplet grid-lines :)
    Maybe we'll get folder support for our content in the Media Bay at last?

Maybe we'll even see the Cubase Sampler Track pop up for the iPad which would be a real treat :D

Then there's the obligatory 'New iPad Screen Size Adaption'. I doubt we'll see an iPhone version...

• As long as they finally fix the bug with the rendered audio always being too long (silence added), I am happy.

• @tja said:
    As long as they finally fix the bug with the rendered audio always being too long (silence added), I am happy.

I always trim my audio after Freeze. I more worried about things going out of sync when looping stuff...
    But yeah, it's a bit annoying extra-step that should be fixed.(it could for example auto-trim the frozen audio).

The Steinberg forums mention that an update will come before Christmas and that's not too far off :D

• @LinearLineman said:
    Though he would not give me a date, @LFS has mentioned a new update.
    Lars said something about midi thru, but that was all he would divulge. I am loving CB more than ever, especially with the addition of Steinberg's UR22mk2 audio interface. A seamless setup ( once you turn on the microphone in privacy settings!). With my new (used) iPad Pro2 everything feels instantaneous, especially the AU plugins. It was really a struggle with the iPad4 and getting more complex mixes working was near impossible. That wasn't Steinberg's fault, of course. Just too little RAM, I guess. Going from 1 to 4gb makes a difference, I see. A big difference!

What do you think might be in this update? It would be great if the Noise inapps became available within CB. And some glue! I know there is a wish list out there. They do keep making it better now, don't they? Thanks, Team @LinearLineman : Why that particular interface vs say a focusrite? What are the advantages ?

• Always look forward to seeing what they have been working on :)

• Hope they realise it’s time for new toys at Xmas! 😉

• @Nu2moro said:
    Hope they realise it’s time for new toys at Xmas! 😉

And Santa likes a good spank.....I mean mince pie :p

• Aux and Bus channels - very much needed

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Nu2moro said:

Easy mistake to make! 🤣

• @Nu2moro said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Nu2moro said:

Easy mistake to make! 🤣

I'm NOT putting that Santa outfit on for you ever again... I had crumbs in my crack for ages last time !

• @Nu2moro said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Nu2moro said:

Easy mistake to make! 🤣

Yep sure was...

• @stormbeats said:
    Aux and Bus channels - very much needed

Aux channels have been there for ages already :)

Busses would be good though.

• Channel groups is one the things that is overdue. Tempo/Time Sig track would be great.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Nu2moro said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Nu2moro said:

Easy mistake to make! 🤣

I'm NOT putting that Santa outfit on for you ever again... I had crumbs in my crack for ages last time !

Never say never!

• @Telstar5, I chose the UR22mk2 because it is made by the same folks (Steinberg) who make Cubasis. Best compatibility match. Also, compared to iRigPro i/o, which is also available in Turkey, there seems to be better build and more features at the same price point. I didn't look at Focusrite, but that seems a good product as well,

• Cubasis updates are always good. The app is rock solid, and it slowly and steadily addresses every iOS innovation thoughtfully, if not always as quickly as we'd like. And we'd like aux and bus channels, yes.

• AUX sends are already there. Busses aren't though.

• @richardyot said:
    AUX sends are already there. Busses aren't though.

Thanks. As I typed it I knew I was confusing things.
    It would be nice to have track groups.

• Mmmm imagine if there were about to introduce support for busses - that would be most excellent. Cubasis is simply brilliant.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@richardyot said:

Yes track groups would be cool.

My biggest gripe actually (aside from the poor audio editing resolution, which is a showstopper for me) is that you can't zoom vertically. Once you have a lot of tracks you can't see them all at the same time and it makes for a lot of panning around.

• @richardyot said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@richardyot said:

My biggest gripe actually (aside from the poor audio editing resolution, which is a showstopper for me) is that you can't zoom vertically. Once you have a lot of tracks you can't see them all at the same time and it makes for a lot of panning around.

Pinch (vertically) on the area where the track names Mute Solo etc... are
    Then pinch out (reverse pinch, what would that be called) in the same area
    ;)

• game changer???

• if it would go universal that would be sweet. when is the update day?

• @AndyPlankton said:

@richardyot said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@richardyot said:

;)

• @richardyot said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@richardyot said:

Yes, you can. Pinch on the left of the tracks where it displays Mute, Solo, Freeze, Arm and other controls. See outlined area in the image...

• @AndyPlankton said:

@richardyot said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@richardyot said:

;)

Thanks - I was always trying to pinch in the timeline!

• edited December 2018

@Samu said:

@tja said:
    As long as they finally fix the bug with the rendered audio always being too long (silence added), I am happy.

I always trim my audio after Freeze. I more worried about things going out of sync when looping stuff...
    But yeah, it's a bit annoying extra-step that should be fixed.(it could for example auto-trim the frozen audio).

The Steinberg forums mention that an update will come before Christmas and that's not too far off :D

Lars confirmed (well, that's a first!) that the update would include the new iPad Pro 2018 resolutions including the Liquid Retina with rounded corners. These iPads currently leave Cubasis shrunk with a dark border around the screen. Not sure what else is included.

Competition is good for consumers. NS2 sets a bar on features for others to catch up. With their acquisition of MusicStudio’s IP, their feature updates should be expedited as they confirmed.

• I hope it’s
    Side chain
    triplets grid.
    folders in the browser
    Busses
    A more precise editing audio editing resolution on the timeline
    Maybe an update to sampler 😂

• @MobileMusic said:

@Samu said:

@tja said:

Lars confirmed (well, that's a first!) that the update would include the new iPad Pro 2018 resolutions including the Liquid Retina with rounded corners. These iPads currently leave Cubasis shrunk with a dark border around the screen. Not sure what else is included.

Competition is good for consumers. NS2 sets a bar on features for others to catch up. With their acquisition of MusicStudio’s IP, their feature updates should be expedited as they confirmed.

Your pronouns are ambiguous: Whose acquisition of MusicStudio's IP, Steinberg's? Or Blip Interactive's? And beyond that, what does that mean? What is MusicStudio known for?

And as for the imminent update, we're all basing this on @LinearLineman's very general post. (For which I'm grateful, don't get me wrong. I'd just like @Lars to arrive and say the update will drop by Christmas. :))

• Err, beginner question: What are Aux busses? 😊