Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Reason compact synth ENGINE, wow!

edited December 2018 in Other

As much as i despise the layout of this synth, the oscillator Engine is OUTRAGEOUS!
Its nothing like I’ve seen on ios. Im ashamed to say I overlooked this section upon first noodling.
The wave options, shaping, modifing etc...if you like experimenting with different wave forms, I highly recommend you dive in........but I hope to God they revamp that layout.

Comments

• Condense the sparse layout for the iPad and turn it into an AU. Charge $/£25 to unlock the synth engine and laugh all the way to the bank. Just like what they should’ve done from the start.

• They could have even had the synth itself as an AU extension of the app so that we could use it in both ways and they still get their iPhone mini sequence sound pack thingie.

• The Propellerheads CTO Magnus Berger did a presentation at the JUCE ADC conference and showed that they developed the code to run all the Reason Rack Extensions on IOS and in a Chrome-based Web Browser.

This product uses that effort to sell the Europa Rack Extension on IOS. If it works out they could launch a store selling many of the Rack Extensions that can be tested to work given the resource constraints of most IOS devices.

He also demonstrated a Korg Hardware Based Rack extension running their M1 Synth code. So, Korg sees Propellerheads as another platform option for their Synths. They would not likely push their Synths though a Reason Store for IOS 'cause they are already on IOS without a middle man.

Let's hope the store of Rack Extensions gets approved. I think the User Interface requires the most effort to allow the RE to work on IOS but PH could code an interface to allow the RE developers to just allow new sales from a new platform.

Writing Rack Extensions looks tricky involving writing in "Lua" but the benefits seem enormous. I'm not sure if the independent RE coder is getting rich. But it would be interesting to get feedback and compare the opportunity against running the iTunes Store Gauntlet to reach dollar 1 for ROI.

• @McDtracy said:
    The Propellerheads CTO Magnus Berger did a presentation at the JUCE ADC conference and showed that they developed the code to run all the Reason Rack Extensions on IOS and in a Chrome-based Web Browser.

This product uses that effort to sell the Europa Rack Extension on IOS. If it works out they could launch a store selling many of the Rack Extensions that can be tested to work given the resource constraints of most IOS devices.

He also demonstrated a Korg Hardware Based Rack extension running their M1 Synth code. So, Korg sees Propellerheads as another platform option for their Synths. They would not likely push their Synths though a Reason Store for IOS 'cause they are already on IOS without a middle man.

Let's hope the store of Rack Extensions gets approved. I think the User Interface requires the most effort to allow the RE to work on IOS but PH could code an interface to allow the RE developers to just allow new sales from a new platform.

Writing Rack Extensions looks tricky involving writing in "Lua" but the benefits seem enormous. I'm not sure if the independent RE coder is getting rich. But it would be interesting to get feedback and compare the opportunity against running the iTunes Store Gauntlet to reach dollar 1 for ROI.

Thanks for all the info....had to read it twice😆

• I would love to have some of the Lectric Panda rack extensions on iOS... imagine PSQ-1684, Korde, or Kumpulsion. Wow!

• @DYMS said:
    I would love to have some of the Lectric Panda rack extensions on iOS... imagine PSQ-1684, Korde, or Kumpulsion. Wow!

The CTO said there are 1500 Rack Extensions from 150 developers. I suspect only a subset can be moved to IOS easily and maybe only if PH engineering is involved. But hopefully we get more PropellerHeads stuff to play next year.

I must admit I'm intrigued by what Reason offers on Mac and Windows but I probably wouldn't be willing to pay desktop prices.