Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

au GEN X Pre Release Demo - Released 18th Dec

Very cool for soundtrack effects and strange Sci-Fi Drones and Soundscapes

You can Pre Order now and for 9.99, it will be 14.99 on Release I think, then increase to 19.99

Comments

• Wouldn't be surprised if it's down to $4.99 in 6 months or so.
    Hopefully this trend with lower pre-order prices followed with price bumps on release won't continue in 2019...
    (I'll be cutting down my app spendings in 2019, that's for sure!).

• @Samu I really wish I could offer the app for free, but none of the grocery stores around here offer food for free. I'd like to invite you to join the auGEN X Beta Test so your comments can come from an informed place. E-mail me at [email protected]. -- Dave Simpao, auDSPr, maker of auGEN X

• @auDSPr said:
    @Samu I really wish I could offer the app for free, but none of the grocery stores around here offer food for free.

Understood!
    Not complaining about the price per se but when too many apps come out my app-o-holism goes out of control and it's not sustainable :(

I'd like to invite you to join the auGEN X Beta Test so your comments can come from an informed place.

Mail sent, hope I can find at least a few 'issues' before launch ;)

• This is a seriously ace app, can't wait to blend it with my SH2 B)
    Blend it with any synth, and sculpt the nights away...

• Yeah I don't get the low price preorder thing either @samu. Prefer to see a bit of discussion before I plonk down cash. If I feel pressured to pay before the thing is even released then I'm unlikely to buy it at all. Not saying that is logical just how I am wired.

• @Jocphone When you Pre-Order, your account doesn't get charged until release day -- you're not "Pre-Paying". And you benefit from getting the lowest price that was offered during the Pre-Order period. There's no downside to you Pre-Ordering. (I myself Pre-Ordered Patterning 2 and NanoStudio 2.) The upside for developers is that we can get early sales data while we still have time to improve the app and fine-tune our marketing messaging. For more information on auGEN X, please visit our app landing page: http://www.audspr.com/apps/G1/

• Think I’m with Samu. After watching Doug’s vid, the pricing on this seems utterly ridiculous. I won’t be shelling out 9.99, 14.99 or twenty notes for one oscillator + a noise generator. Get real & good luck in the grocery

• @barabajagal Samu's on the auGEN X Beta Test team now. I'll make the same offer to you that I made to him. E-mail me at [email protected] and I'll send you a TestFlight invitation so you can see for yourself.

• edited December 2018

From reading the website info it looks like it started development life as a tool for audio equipment. Probably some super sophisticated technology behind it. Good luck with the launch.

I do agree with Samu & Jocphone however that a reduced pre-order price, although it may seem a good incentive, may actually have a reverse effect.

I think a fair percentage of peeps here love an opening week discount, at least then you have some trailblazers buying the app, sharing opinions and sound demos.

Hope it goes well for you.

BTW From my time here on this forum, and reading his posts, I would say you’ve got a great Beta-Tester there in Samu.

• iOS pricing is a nightmare for developers. Too little then the app is undervalued as a toy and the devs risk not recouping costs. Too high and those of us addicted to buying every app released moan that we can’t afford it (when what we really mean is that if apps go above $10 then we can’t afford to buy them ALL). Subscription gets shouted out the building. What a tough decision! Look at KRFT. Universally appreciated, they tried high pricing, low pricing, adding features requested, and still quit the app because of lack of sales.

I think this app is a little special because it brings something unique to iOS and that is to be cheered. Also, the developer has shown the willingness to make it more than its original release on hearing the beta testers feedback.

Good luck with the launch!

• I hope these kind of audio apps do break well into the market the big hurdle for me is getting audio / midi out of the app and into the DAW most linear DAWs fail at this so the likes of this app and SpaceCraft only work well in the likes of AUM.

• Seems like a great tool for me. With ios pricing I also think it‘s a no brainer to show appreciation for the work the deeveloper obviously has put into this... . I preordered and hope for a sustained App. Thanks @auDSPr !

• I'm in - cost of a couple of coffees :|
    Respect to the Dev for making a huge effort with this fine app !

• I'll be doing my best to track down issues with the app and also try to come up with a few nice ideas :)

• edited December 2018

I’ve been beta testing and find the app more than valuable enough to be worth pre-ordering for myself, which I did weeks ago. Heck, I’d pay the full 20 for it even though I’m on a tight budget. It’s striking to me that auGEN pulls off the feat of being just as valuable as a professional testing tool for software and hardware as it is for music creation/sound design. In practice, the real testament to its usefulness for me is that I find myself firing it up constantly, for more and more purposes. It's to a point where I feel hamstrung on the iPhone because it’s not universal just yet (the dev told me that’s coming!)

A lot of beta testers give helpful input on the uses they find for auGEN on this other thread: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/29815/augen-x-from-audspr-available-for-preorder-in-the-app-store/p1

• @barabajagal said:
    Think I’m with Samu. After watching Doug’s vid, the pricing on this seems utterly ridiculous. I won’t be shelling out 9.99, 14.99 or twenty notes for one oscillator + a noise generator. Get real & good luck in the grocery

FYI there are 100s free VST/ AU plugins for Windows/ MacOS that can do the same thing of more

• @mannix Hopefully people here realize that products like auGEN and AudioBus are for iOS.

• @ohwell said:
    @mannix Hopefully people here realize that products like auGEN and AudioBus are for iOS.

imo auGEN and AudioBus are two totally different products. There's nothing comparable to AB on other platforms besides that AB is really a unique product and compared to the price of auGEN a bargain

• @mannix I don't understand why folks are so quick to attack something without first having all the facts. auGEN X does several things that no apps on the iPad or other platforms do. First, auGEN X's sweep rate ranges are a wicked wide 20 octaves! This means they go from 10 kHz down to 0.01 Hz so from FM/AM (depending on whether you're sweeping frequency or level) down to very LFO on a single musical, linear control. No other product does this. Second, auGEN X offers an Impulse which can be set down to a single sample wide. No other product does this. Third, auGEN X displays the frequency control with a live harmonic spectrum based on the waveshape, so you can see EXACTLY what you're hearing. It's VERY intuitive. No other product does this. Please e-mail me at [email protected] so I can put you on the Beta Test team so you can test drive it yourself. Only then will I give any credence to your comments. Dismissing auGEN X as a mere oscillator and noise generator is a bit ignorant.

• @auDSPr said:
    @mannix I don't understand why folks are so quick to attack something without first having all the facts. auGEN X does several things that no apps on the iPad or other platforms do. First, auGEN X's sweep rate ranges are a wicked wide 20 octaves! This means they go from 10 kHz down to 0.01 Hz so from FM/AM (depending on whether you're sweeping frequency or level) down to very LFO on a single musical, linear control. No other product does this. Second, auGEN X offers an Impulse which can be set down to a single sample wide. No other product does this. Third, auGEN X displays the frequency control with a live harmonic spectrum based on the waveshape, so you can see EXACTLY what you're hearing. It's VERY intuitive. No other product does this. Please e-mail me at [email protected] so I can put you on the Beta Test team so you can test drive it yourself. Only then will I give any credence to your comments. Dismissing auGEN X as a mere oscillator and noise generator is a bit ignorant.

Great explanation!