Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Dune 3 (for desktop)

edited December 2018 in Other

Anyone get this just released powerhouse of a vst synth?

https://www.synapse-audio.com/dune3.html

Has a new wavetable editor, among other things.

Sounds:

Comments

• Great developer. So great. I'll not be getting it though ... too many synths.

btw- I'm an old Orion Studio user. We go way back. :)

• I upgraded already and started to make presets.
    Like others i miss a more modern workflow and GUI but beside a this and a few other minor things it just sounds insane good.
    I love it! What set it apart compared to other (non modular) synths is that it can runs everything at audio rate. So using OSC as modulation source. And you can now draw your own in the wavetable editor as well.
    The new added filters and FX add ons sounds fabulous.
    Dual Arpeggiator and dual filter. Monster unison engine.
    Dune 2 was already one of my favorite and Dune 3 is a sound designers dream. These Kevin Schroeder presets are outstanding as well, one of my favorite sound designers and for me even maybe the best when it comes to cinematic synth sound design which are very playable.
    One day i hope Synapse Audio makes iOS apps as well.
    I already prepare for a demo track as well.

• $179 with a lot of $20 sample packs? How do you hide that kind of credit card expense? I don't think I should even try the free demo.

• @McDtracy said:
    $179 with a lot of $20 sample packs? How do you hide that kind of credit card expense? I don't think I should even try the free demo.

Those are presets, it’s not a sample based synth. It’s not uncommon for companies to offer presets made by sound designers, plus I’m pretty sure it comes with a good solid amount of presets as is.

• @e121 said:

@McDtracy said:
    $179 with a lot of $20 sample packs? How do you hide that kind of credit card expense? I don't think I should even try the free demo.

Those are presets, it’s not a sample based synth. It’s not uncommon for companies to offer presets made by sound designers, plus I’m pretty sure it comes with a good solid amount of presets as is.

This makes it pretty clear why the Big Dogs work the desktop/laptop market and drop crumbs on the IOS floor to test for ants. Ants have no money but we're organized with an incredible communication network. "Free sugar... follow me."

• @e121 said:

@McDtracy said:

Yes....actually with all Dune 2 Factory and over 500 for Dune 3. Means 1000+ presets.
    It is also has 8 layers with 3 OSCs each where OSC 1 and 2 can also use 32 stacked (and detunes OSCs) if you like and so on.
    For me it was a €69 upgrade. Well worth it for me.

• @McDtracy said:

@e121 said:

@McDtracy said:

This makes it pretty clear why the Big Dogs work the desktop/laptop market and drop crumbs on the IOS floor to test for ants. Ants have no money but we're organized with an incredible communication network. "Free sugar... follow me."

Mhhh...but it‘s a bit different with desktop tools. Some might look expensive but you get good loyalty upgrade prices and so on. Also for the content you get (of course only valued if you want/need that) you would have to pay maybe even more or quite the same via IAP on iOS with no upgrade path to new major versions.
    Again i say you get what you pay for.
    Dune 3 is a bit like Model D plus Zeeon on steroids X8 :)

• @Cib said:
    Again i say you get what you pay for.
    Dune 3 is a bit like Model D plus Zeeon on steroids X8 :)

Model D = $15
    Zeeon = $10
    D + Z = $25
    X8 = $200
    Dune 3 full capability $199.

Wow. You're estimation skills are spot on. I get $1 back.

So, there is a real meritocracy in place. I started to think my Desktop money was being wasted 'cause I got sucked into some marketing machines that oversold their products and soured me.

(I'm think of Waves in particular and the "waves" of email campaigns it unleashed to buy studio effects).

Then my $79 Addictive Keys started to malfunction and I needed to re-install from scratch to get it back. Small irritations I take in stride on IOS with my $10 rule(s). Less than $10 buy it. More than $10 in discount on sale? Buy it. It keeps me very busy and with more apps than I can ever use. I go crazy on Black Friday and keep my spend under control otherwise.

NS2 will just have to wait for a big sale or an IAP discount event like BM3 had on Black Friday that met my criteria.

We all cope to balance quality and resources.

• @Cib there are some iOS plugins dentical to the desktop version but ten times cheaper, eg. The recent Audio Damage sale.

I say you get much more than you pay for on iOS, if anything we're subsidized by the desktop buyers.

• @1nsomniak said:
    @Cib there are some iOS plugins dentical to the desktop version but ten times cheaper, eg. The recent Audio Damage sale.

I say you get much more than you pay for on iOS, if anything we're subsidized by the desktop buyers.

There are better options and i wouldn‘t buy these ports for 10 X the price on desktop.
    Then there is Logic which is worth 1000‘s and all the free stuff which is as good or better than most what i can buy on iOS.
    Also iOS apps and AUv3 are far more limit in terms of DAW integration and again for future upgrade/loyalty prices etc.
    However, mainly i just can‘t get the tools i want for iOS anyway.
    You get what you pay for :)

• Pay for what you enjoy and don't let one market 'cheapen' another. Why even show up and complain about something outside of your budget/demographic/platform?

I haven't heard Orion mentioned in a long time. Cool to see Synapse is still putting stuff out.

• @Cib said:

@1nsomniak said:
    @Cib there are some iOS plugins dentical to the desktop version but ten times cheaper, eg. The recent Audio Damage sale.

There are better options and i wouldn‘t buy these ports for 10 X the price on desktop.
    Then there is Logic which is worth 1000‘s and all the free stuff which is as good or better than most what i can buy on iOS.
    Also iOS apps and AUv3 are far more limit in terms of DAW integration and again for future upgrade/loyalty prices etc.
    However, mainly i just can‘t get the tools i want for iOS anyway.
    You get what you pay for :)

Its fine if you personally prefer desktop but that's not an argument for its relative value.

Audio Damage was just one example. I think we would find lower prices on iOS versions compared to desktop versions in pretty much every case from any developer releasing on both platforms. Can't think of any apps where the iOS version is more expensive. Seems like a pretty clear indication of which platform provides more bang for the buck.

• On Win desktop I spent $2.5k on audio hardware (Creamware Scope DSP cards), roughly the same on Scope plugins, $1k on SawStudio DAW, $250 on Valhalla DSP plugins, $100 on S-Gear amp simulation and $800 on the Zynaptiq Zap bundle.
    Making roughly $7k total, no regrets - everything does the job it was supposed to do and is still in use. Starting around Y2k it's about $400/year.

Mac was much better... just 200 bucks on an 'outdated' Pro Tools 5 TDM, revitalizing a lame Powermac G3 blue/white from the attic. Does not compute... regarding annual costs.

IOS devices: iPad 1, 2 and Air Two, iPhone 3gs and 4, about $2k, apps estimated $2k.
    (my wife uses the iPad2 and the iPhone 4)
    My IOS history spans 8(?) years, which translates to $500/year.

• Nice look at Dune 3:

• Finally got around to getting this, so unbelievably good. :)