Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Any AU apps that support the SFZ sound format?

I already searched the internet and came up with bupkis. I do know it's possible to convert sfz formats into sf2, but I don't think there's an iOS app for that. I cracked open AudioLayer to see what it could do. I didn't expect it to support SFZ (at least at this time), but I didn't expect it to not recognise preset loop points in a wav file's data. (Obsidian in Nanostudio 2 does recognise preset loop points, but the sampler in it can't handle more than 32 zones per oscillator).

So perhaps I missed it, but is there an AU app that can play back the sfz format? :) Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Looked into this a while back - no SFZ player AUs the last time I checked. Only thing I learned was Caustic could open them, and Garageband's sampler saves as .sfz. Never bothered re-installing them to check.

Had this bookmarked, the user 'yellow' mentioned he was making one but he fell off the map :( :
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/12614/how-hard-would-it-be-to-create-a-basic-sfz-player-app/p1

• It would indeed be great if there was a player/app for sfz. Having as a feature addition to BS-16i or something comes to mind. Currently I use my sfz files in Auria (which is what I made them for) and have had limited, but some, success in loading them into Stagelight. Obviously neither of those are AU in themselves.

• Well, I'm still waiting unfortunately. I hope one of these developers here can make it happen, where the SFZ player can read loop metadata in the wav files, panning info, adsr info, velocity layers, etc etc. Caustic is a great app, but it doesn't read loop metadata, and having to set each loop manually is a pain. It also doesn't read velocity layers.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Well, I'm still waiting unfortunately. I hope one of these developers here can make it happen, where the SFZ player can read loop metadata in the wav files, panning info, adsr info, velocity layers, etc etc. Caustic is a great app, but it doesn't read loop metadata, and having to set each loop manually is a pain. It also doesn't read velocity layers.

I too hope a developer creates an AUv3 app with SFZ support that can read loop metadata plus disk streaming. VirSyn seems like they’re closest perhaps?

Stagelight only supports SFZ v1 and has less robust SFZ support than Auria.

• Auria! I may give that a shot for the meantime. :)

• Yeah, until we get an SFZ player AU, Lyra in Auria Pro will have to do. I will see if Rim can separate Lyra into a separate AU plugin.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I will see if Rim can separate Lyra into a separate AU plugin.

That would be fantastic. Lyra alone justifies my Auria Pro purchase.
    Using outside Auria would be my personal starting point for most projects
    since I use AB3, AUM and ApeMatrix to build my erections.

e·rec·tion meaning:
    noun
    1. the action of erecting a structure or object.
    synonyms: construction, building, putting up;

1. an enlarged and rigid state of ....

Scratch that last bit. to build my projects.

(Until AudioLayer add SFZ or SF2 import)
    Can we have enough disk streaming multi-gig sample magic on IOS?

• @McDtracy said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I will see if Rim can separate Lyra into a separate AU plugin.

That would be fantastic. Lyra alone justifies my Auria Pro purchase.
    Using outside Auria would be my personal starting point for most projects
    since I use AB3, AUM and ApeMatrix to build my erections.

e·rec·tion meaning:
    noun
    1. the action of erecting a structure or object.
    synonyms: construction, building, putting up;

1. an enlarged and rigid state of ....

Scratch that last bit. to build my projects.

(Until AudioLayer add SFZ or SF2 import)
    Can we have enough disk streaming multi-gig sample magic on IOS?

NEVAR! We can never have enough sample magic disk streaming on iOS! :mrgreen: