Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ab3 update...

Just got an update for ab3 saying you can now use it with apps that don't support ab..... So we can use it work ns2 now !??

Comments

• @reasOne said:
    Just got an update for ab3 saying you can now use it with apps that don't support ab..... So we can use it work ns2 now !??

Yep. Make sure you have background audio enabled in NS2. Link can be used to manage the tempo. Starting them at the same time is something I haven’t gotten around to figuring out whether it’s possible or not. Link Start / Stop is on the list of things being looked into for NS2.

• Great ! I want to use Magellan with ns2...so that's a doable thing now ?? I'm away from my iPad but I'm hoping so hehe and that is not too complicated to set up @wim

• @reasOne said:
    Great ! I want to use Magellan with ns2...so that's a doable thing now ?? I'm away from my iPad but I'm hoping so hehe and that is not too complicated to set up @wim

Uh, no, sorry. This is about being able to record the midi from AU midi plugins. You want to record audio into NS2 from it. There’s no way to do that at this time. You still need to record elsewhere and import the audio.

• Ahhh I see that's still nice tho ! We needed that

• I was struggling to get riffer going into obsidian in NS2 but see it’s background audio I need to switch on. I’ll get there. So many advanced users here that the basics for us new to iOS music making are sometimes hard to get to. Thanks for the thread.

• Well done AudioBus. Really useful feature!

• edited December 2018

Perhaps some guide how to route KB-1 AU MIDI in Nanostudio 2/Beatmaker 3 to record the MIDI-stream?

Im not the man to switch the right buttons :-(

• Anyone else having problems with the new AB ? I‘m getting crackles, even shut downs, with lots of my presets — that all worked smoothly before

• @nick said:
    Anyone else having problems with the new AB ? I‘m getting crackles, even shut downs, with lots of my presets — that all worked smoothly before

Mind trying a reboot? Could be just some junk state. If it persists, I've added you to TestFlight with access to the previous version (3.2.6), so you should be able to go back and see if there's a difference. That is assuming that's the version you were last on. Let me know how you go.