Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Djen(t) riff generator

This thing is fun to mess around with, there’s also a browser version.
DJEN - Metal Breakdown Generator by Ross McMillan
https://djen.co/

Comments

• The browser version has a save as midi or wav option, but the app doesn’t(?). Also, I’m not sure what the midi file format is, but I hope to import 200bpm blast beat data into something.

• The midi file drags n’ drops into the desktop DAW’s, but I’m dawless on iOS. Anyhow it’s a quick and dirty way to start filling up the lanes.

• @ashen_hand said:
    This thing is fun to mess around with, there’s also a browser version.
    DJEN - Metal Breakdown Generator by Ross McMillan
    https://djen.co/

Ha ha ha, lovely, thanks! :smiley:
    I've had Meshuggah as house gods since I first heard them in -92. :)

• Right, I figured I had to work out how to import this to something usable, iOS only.
    Basically I open the URL in GoodReader. I fiddle about with my breakdown until I'm happy. Then I select to download midi, which saves it within GoodReader. I then saved that down to the Files app and managed to open it in Cubasis, where it had one track for guitar and one track for drums.

I failed to import it in Auria Pro and also BM3. Cubasis worked though.
    I will be having so much fun, thanks @ashen_hand :)

• Thanks for the import info, I’m hoping it’ll work in impc2 (phone). I wonder if it’s really available tomorrow?

• @ashen_hand said:
    Thanks for the import info, I’m hoping it’ll work in impc2 (phone). I wonder if it’s really available tomorrow?

Ah, that I can't test regardless. It is one of the few apps I don't own on any platform, and as such don't follow its development actively either.

• I think I tried too hard to create progressions in this and didn't get my mojo flowing... :lol:
    But it's awesome to play with... And use as sample fodder for my hardware and IOS samplers :wink: