Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DM1 On Sale this weekend 60% OFF [Sale is over]

iPad Version: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dm1-the-drum-machine/id431573951?mt=8
iPhone Version: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dm1-for-iphone/id526650611?mt=8

Don’t know why I waited so long to grab this. It sounds excellent! But not AUv3 yet.

Comments

• I don't know if this will end up making ending any tracks, but glad I spent the $2. Fun to use, great kits included.

• This has been my go to drum app since forever, mostly for the vintage drum machine banks. It’s all sample based so contrasts well with analog drum apps like Ruismaker noir. I’ll make a big kick in noir and use a clap from DM1.

• Still a classic. The sample library is worth 10x that price imo. If you want some good sample sets but aren't really interested in yet-another-drum-machine, create a single pattern in DM1 that triggers each sample with enough room between. Export as a loop and slice away in your favorite app to create drum kits for use elsewhere.

• I really like DM1 and 2 but rarely use them because I can’t get them to sync to other apps properly. The Link sync seems to be unstable or something.

• @lairdhenn said:
    I really like DM1 and 2 but rarely use them because I can’t get them to sync to other apps properly. The Link sync seems to be unstable or something.

Snap - same issues, DM1 I used to use & still would but it drifts out of sync - damned annoying!

• @Lurcher said:

@lairdhenn said:
    I really like DM1 and 2 but rarely use them because I can’t get them to sync to other apps properly. The Link sync seems to be unstable or something.

Snap - same issues, DM1 I used to use & still would but it drifts out of sync - damned annoying!

So far I’m having good results triggering it with Rozeta XOX. Haven’t had time to dive in too deep yet but it looks like the sync issues you’re describing aren’t an issue doing it this way. Of course that’s bypassing the cool DM1 built-in sequencer though.

• @_mwallace said:

@Lurcher said:

@lairdhenn said:

So far I’m having good results triggering it with Rozeta XOX. Haven’t had time to dive in too deep yet but it looks like the sync issues you’re describing aren’t an issue doing it this way. Of course that’s bypassing the cool DM1 built-in sequencer though.

Interesting. Are you doing this in AB?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

AUM actually. It just takes some messing around in DM1 Midi settings to get it to stop trying to use the built-in sequencer. Then you’ve got full control of it in XOX. Good stuff.

• @_mwallace said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

AUM actually. It just takes some messing around in DM1 Midi settings to get it to stop trying to use the built-in sequencer. Then you’ve got full control of it in XOX. Good stuff.

Ah.....thank you. I have always loved DM1 and this sounds like a great excuse to go have another fiddle.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Ah.....thank you. I have always loved DM1 and this sounds like a great excuse to go have another fiddle.

You’re welcome. I think the trick was to enable Midi in DM1 (it was off by default) and choose a blank sequence. Load it in AUM or AB3 as IAA and set your pattern in XOX.

• Each time you use it with other apps in Audiobus or AUM you need to go to SONG> LINK .. where it tells you that DM1 is already synced to an IAA host.... then asks you if you still wish to sync DM1 with Link... which I never really quite understand fully 🤔 anyway press yes and you should be good to go and all in sync.

• edited December 2018

@_mwallace said:

D’oh! So many apps that I sometimes forget that the solutions can be this simple. Thanks! This is definitely going to bring DM1 and 2 a lot more attention from me.

• edited December 2018

I do a lot of recording drum loops in AUM, often stripped down to 1 or 2 sounds. Then I can play them back on separate tracks to compensate for the single IAA instance of DM1.

For perfect timing I suppose you could export loops from it as well rather than recording it playing.

• @1nsomniak said:
    I do a lot of recording drum loops in AUM, often stripped down to 1 or 2 sounds. Then I can play them back on separate tracks to compensate for the single IAA instance of DM1.

For perfect timing I suppose you could export loops from it as well rather than recording it playing.

Good idea. I’m gonna have to try that too. I know I’m losing the functionality of DM1 by running it with XOX but so far it’s doing what I need it to. The samples are what’s making it stand out to me.. great starting point. Then I can mess it up with Degrader, Adverb, Kosmonaut or whatever, if I want to, and it fits pretty much anything I’m going for. And XOX can give me a little swing/mutate to keep it interesting.