Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Best apps

For someone who does not have a midi controller what are the best apps? Suggest to me some to buy

Comments

• edited December 2018

Going to have to throw Animoog out here for the exceptional in app keyboard.

• Bebot is a cool free-flowing swingin’ cat who never marched to the button-down MIDI beat. 🤖

• @Jdolecek48 said:
    For someone who does not have a midi controller what are the best apps? Suggest to me some to buy

Start with some free Apps (some that hope you'll upgrade):

AudioKit Synth One (free but so good... has a keyboard)
    Reason Compact (free but sells extra sounds and control)
    Aparillo (free with jump in presets up to 500) uses an innovative interface to amaze you using 1 finger

I'm sure there are more. Auxy might be a good start (subscription to get more) or some of the Blocs Wave stuff (free with upsells).

Have fun.

• AudioShare, Patterning 2, NanoStudio 2, Model 15 and Samplr.

• Dang I miss limited being stuck on ios9 on my ipad4.....what a bummer

• edited December 2018

@Jdolecek48 said:
    Dang I miss limited being stuck on ios9 on my ipad4.....what a bummer

Korg Gadget: iOS 9.3
    Groove Rider: iOS 9.0
    Cubasis: iOS 9.0

What else do you need?

• GeoShred! It works on iOS 9 last I checked with just a couple versions back.

• edited December 2018

Roseta < -- sequencer pattern-er extraordinaire
    Thumbjam and/or Geoshred < -- move your fingers and make some sounds
    Soundprism Pro or ChordPolyPad < -- backing chords and progressions
    GrooveBox < -- good for just pressing buttons to get stuff
    Patterning < -- not just for rhythms. It's for whole songs even
    Beathawk < -- great soundpacks, easy, good arranger, and simpler than BeatMaker.

AudioBus or AUM <-- for routing and recording if you don't have a DAW

and all the synths 🤪😜

• GarageBand has the best touch instruments on iOS.

Gadget and Nanostudio 2 are also pretty good in this domain, you can write entire tracks without a MIDI controller. but really GarageBand should be the first port of call for anyone who is new to iOS.

• Beatmaker 3

• I haven't touched a controller since picking up KB-1.

• @JeffChasteen said:
    ChordPolyPad

+1.

Always has a place at the table.

iFretless bass too.

Saying that, I agree with @richardyot about GarageBand. If you need to save up for a new iPad then you can try setting a time limit (4 months?) and write songs there as you do - hone your craft, watch some tutorials on music production techniques that you've heard of but don't quite understand, and level up.

• +1 for GarageBand

Btw, you can run iOS 10 on an iPad 4.

• What is the best app for writing beats? And what daw is best for recording midi and editing midi notes.....is auria good at this or do I need to buy cubasis?

• @espiegel123 said:
    +1 for GarageBand

Btw, you can run iOS 10 on an iPad 4.

Ya I have 10, I just got confused

• @blakkaz said:
    I haven't touched a controller since picking up KB-1.

@blakkaz said:

What is the Kb-1?

• @Jdolecek48 said:
    What is the best app for writing beats? And what daw is best for recording midi and editing midi notes.....is auria good at this or do I need to buy cubasis?

Oh boy, there are endless reams of digital trees wasted on such subjects on this forum alone.
    1. The one you have
    2. They all record and edit midi. I’d watch some videos to see what suits your mind and process. Everyone has there druthers as to which is the “best”

3. See above. Unless you already have Auria then use that.

• Somehow this is the beauty of this forum isn’t it?
    Someone is new to the game and asks, what is the best stuff... instead of try search function, everyone has different tastes or what ever he actually gets passionate and dedicated answers. I like that.
    1+ GarageBand. Super cheap (when not thinking about drowning 800 into an ipad ;) but you can play around. If you want to make tracks. And NanoStudio 2 is just incredible.
    Have fun exploring this vast ocean called iOS music making, haha

• @Jdolecek48 said:
    What is the best app for writing beats? And what daw is best for recording midi and editing midi notes.....is auria good at this or do I need to buy cubasis?

If you already have Auria then yes it can do MIDI.

If you're new GarageBand is your best bet. It's great for all sorts of Music.

• You can use Hexler TouchOSC, One More Muse Control, Justus Kandzi Trigger Box, Coffeeshopped Patch Base ... and some other interesting apps.

• @blakkaz said:

👍High praise for KB-1! Excellent AUV3 keyboard controller. It make AUM much more playable. And thus the apps loaded in become more playable and expressive. Surprised that there aren’t more apps like it available by now.