Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Further Adventures of Miss Lily Louise Pepper

The Further Adventures of Miss Lily Louise Pepper is the new album from Doug Woods and Colin Powell, featuring Dave Lionelli.

This album carries on the story of Miss Lily from our previous album 'Lily's Gone Mad' but has a much darker storyline.

There is, once again, a wide variety of musical styles, helping to transport the listener into the world of Miss Lily Louise Pepper.

We hope you like it and spread the word! :)

https://dougwoodsandcolinpowell.bandcamp.com/album/the-further-adventures-of-miss-lily-louise-pepper

Comments

• We would really like to know what you think๐Ÿ˜Ž

• Yes indeedy! :smile:
    Thanks for the bump, Doug!

• Yes yes - VERY cool beans, that!

• That synth intro on โ€œLily Comes Backโ€ sounds exactly like a Korg poly 61... Good stuff, Doug.. Nice drum programming . I keep expecting Phil Collins voice to conenin!

• edited December 2018

@thesoundtestroom said:
    We would really like to know what you think๐Ÿ˜Ž

@AlterEgo_UK said:
    Yes indeedy! :smile:
    Thanks for the bump, Doug!

@Daveypoo said:
    Yes yes - VERY cool beans, that!

First of all a big compliment for this album!

You really did a great job here Colin, Doug and Dave! ๐Ÿ‘
    @AlterEgo_UK , @thesoundtestroom , @Daveypoo

I'm not a music critic but I think the album is solidly produced. At the end everything sounds right to me.

Here a few impressions to the individual music pieces:

1. Lily Comes Back
      Quite OK! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

2. My Name Is
      Nice , who was singing? ๐Ÿ˜Š

3. Lily Takes A Bow
      Very nice mood and overall Instrumentation, love the guitarwork! ๐Ÿ‘

4. Lily Finds Love
      Lovely theme, nice piano. Love the break at 2:00 and the incoming Guitar...

5. Lily On The Verge
      Song starts quit commercial , donโ€™t like some of the (Van Halen) synths but this is my personal thing. Song becomes more interesting for me when the guitars come in at 2:13, very nice, love the Double Guitars. At the end the track is quite good! ๐Ÿ˜Š

6. One Of Those Days
      Maybe my favorite track in this album! I really love the Guitars here. Love also this break at 3:00 . Drums and Synths fits well. Love the Heavy Part starting at 4:15, it rocks!
      Love the Track! Compliment! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š

7. Lily Takes A Trip
      love the very nice Atmosphere in this Song and the wonderful Sax Part in the beginning . Interesting when it becomes more heavy at 1:58. nicely done folks! ๐Ÿ˜Š

8. Lilly Wrapped In Gaffa
      Oh, thatโ€™s groovy! Drums and Synths are nice. Love the break at 2:25. Like it! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

9. Lilies For Lily
      Nice piano theme, love when the instruments coming together, Guitar, Cello, Violine...
      Great!

10. Approching The Gates
      Another grooving Synth Track with complimented Guitars. A little bit commercial but nice...

11. No More Tomorrowโ€™s
      love this Guitar based Track! Nice, there is also an acoustic guitar! As always I love the double Guitar Soli. Sometimes they remind me to Wishbone Ash! Thatโ€™s a compliment Colin! Love your relaxed guitar play... ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š

At the end a very nice Album with some different styles of Music. I really like it!
    Guitars, Synths, Bass and Drums, everything is sounding nice!

It would be interesting for me which part Dave played in this album? I think most if not even all guitars and Bass came from Colin, most of the Keyboard work from Doug?

Here one compliment to Doug!
    Iโ€™m always positive surprised when I listen your music and keyboard play when you do Albums with Colin. I really love the way you are playing and your creativity. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘

Many greetings from Germany!
    Chandro Ji

P.S.
    Iโ€™m sure it was not the perfect English I wrote here but I hope you understand what I mean. Itโ€™s not my home language...๐Ÿ˜Ž

• edited December 2018

Wow, @chandroji - thanks so much for the detailed review! I love hearing your thoughts on the individual tunes.

We switched it up quite a bit and we all play a bit of everything, so who plays what changes per song. Whomever writes the basic track tends to lay down the majority of the instrumentation and then the others add to it. For example, Colin wrote and performed Lilies for Lily himself - I added the slide guitar melody. On One of These Days Colin added the guitar harmonies and Doug had a ripping solo at the end, but everything else was me. It really is shared duties and after a while I tend to forget who did what!

On "My Name Is" I believe Doug used some sort of speech generating app for PC. He could advise better on that one.

Thanks again for all the kind words and I'm so glad that you are enjoying it!

• Ok... you guys did it again! Amazing work... What a journey :open_mouth:

• @senhorlampada said:
    Ok... you guys did it again! Amazing work... What a journey :open_mouth:

Thanks for the kind words, @senhorlampada

• Thanks so much for the track by track review @chandroji we really appreciate it. :smiley:

As Dave said, we all do a bit of everything overall. However, Dave did a wonderful job playing the main lead guitar on One of These Days (I just did the end guitars on that one :smile: )

Thank you also Mr @senhorlampada :smile:

• edited December 2018

@AlterEgo_UK said:
    Thanks so much for the track by track review @chandroji we really appreciate it. :smiley:

As Dave said, we all do a bit of everything overall. However, Dave did a wonderful job playing the main lead guitar on One of These Days (I just did the end guitars on that one :smile: )

Thank you also Mr @senhorlampada :smile:

Hui!
    Sorry I didnโ€™t know that you are also playing the guitars @Daveypoo !
    Great work! Love your guitar style too! ๐Ÿ‘

Great album, now Iโ€™m not only a fan of Doug Woods and Colin Powell, but also from Dave Lionelli. ๐Ÿ˜Š

• @chandroji The voices on โ€œMy Name Isโ€ is a free desktop program called Alter Ego. You just type in the words then play them on the keyboard, I reviewed it in 2016 here is the link

Thanks also for the review of the album๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜Ž

• @chandroji said:

Hui!
    Sorry I didnโ€™t know that you are also playing the guitars @Daveypoo !
    Great work! Love your guitar style too! ๐Ÿ‘

Great album, now Iโ€™m not only a fan of Doug Woods and Colin Powell, but also from Dave Lionelli. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Awesome! We've all got more music of our own if you're interested. I've got some albums up on Soundcloud and can send you the links if you're interested. I know that Colin has some solo albums, as well as a duet project with a pianist - they've churned out some absolutely beautiful works. Doug has worn a number of hats, but in addition to working with Colin he makes music solo and with his wife Jo too. I'm sure they could send you links to anything you've not heard.