APARILLO - AUv3 Mega Synth by Sugar Bytes - Review and Demo

Stunning Synth for iOS, Sugar Bytes are really great when it comes to making the cool and crazy stuff.

You can get Aparillo here at the App Store
https://itunes.apple.com/app/aparillo/id1439914019?ls=1&mt=8

Comments

  • I definitely expected a 'mega' from you on this one ;)

    @thesoundtestroom said:

    Stunning Synth for iOS, Sugar Bytes are really great when it comes to making the cool and crazy stuff.

    You can get Aparillo here at the App Store
    https://itunes.apple.com/app/aparillo/id1439914019?ls=1&mt=8

  • runs off, gets coffee, settles in

  • Nice, just in time for my dinner break.

  • Looks like serious fun. Its sound freaking huge. However, I'm thinking that I need to delve more into Kronecker, Mersenne and FM Player (yes, I know they are different beasties) to get that atmospheric, whispy, echoey, tinny, etc. thang. Caller?

  • edited December 6

    Thanks Doug 👊🏼™️ Aparillo is simply the best big beast atmospheric FM synth on iOS there is. I love where its patches take me.

  • Yes this synth is great and more unique than um, Unique. In fact maybe I'll now refer to it as The One, until the next one ;) Certainly ideal for my use.

    KB-1 to the rescue, keyboard fixed :)

    .

  • edited December 6

    Watch the video and slip Doug a $1. Apple has stopped funding him so "won't you help" with a Patreon donation to keep him making these videos so you can spend more money on the "Epic, Mega, cool beans Apps". You already ate the meal... leave a tip.

    TIPS = To Insure Prompt Service.

    I know he makes $0.0000001 per video viewing too but there's not enough of us is there?

    Additionally, Doug gets App freebees to give away so joining his Patreon is like playing the Lottery for free apps. Spend a buck and play the game. Winners every month (or so).

  • @McDtracy said:
    Watch the video and slip Doug a $1. Apple has stopped funding him so "won't you help" with a Patreon donation to keep him making these videos so you can spend more money on the "Epic, Mega, cool beans Apps". You already ate the meal... leave a tip.

    TIPS = To Insure Prompt Service.

    I know he makes $0.0000001 per video viewing too but there's not enough of us is there?

    Additionally, Doug gets App freebees to give away so joining his Patreon is like playing the Lottery for free apps. Spend a buck and play the game. Winners every month (or so).

    +Lots

    Imagine a Doug-less world, not a happy place.

    Managed to win a couple of apps through him too, bonus.

  • @kinkujin said:
    Looks like serious fun. Its sound freaking huge. However, I'm thinking that I need to delve more into Kronecker, Mersenne and FM Player (yes, I know they are different beasties) to get that atmospheric, whispy, echoey, tinny, etc. thang. Caller?

    You can play around with this for free.
    It is pretty special.

  • @kinkujin said:
    Looks like serious fun. Its sound freaking huge. However, I'm thinking that I need to delve more into Kronecker, Mersenne and FM Player (yes, I know they are different beasties) to get that atmospheric, whispy, echoey, tinny, etc. thang. Caller?

    I think if you’re into soundscapes, experimental noises, and sound design this feller can’t be beaten. And on top of that it can do the normal curtains too.

    If not then you might get a bit frustrated....it’s a snotty feisty donkey of a thing, and spits out noises which even hardcore weirdos like me find difficult to stomach, at times. But when you hit that sweet spot it’s probably the best synth you’ll hear on iOS.

    It can be tinny. Gratey, yes that too. Horrible....in my hands, definitely. But by golly it’s fun.

  • @McDtracy said:
    Watch the video and slip Doug a $1. Apple has stopped funding him so "won't you help" with a Patreon donation to keep him making these videos so you can spend more money on the "Epic, Mega, cool beans Apps". You already ate the meal... leave a tip.

    TIPS = To Insure Prompt Service.

    I know he makes $0.0000001 per video viewing too but there's not enough of us is there?

    Additionally, Doug gets App freebees to give away so joining his Patreon is like playing the Lottery for free apps. Spend a buck and play the game. Winners every month (or so).

    Post of the day.

  • Hi ...

    Is anyone else finding Aparillo AU3 a huge battery drain?

    I've noticed when using Aparillo AU3 in AUM by Kymatica on iOS 12.1 that the iPad battery drains very quickly. I think I'm losing 1% charge every 30-60 seconds though I haven't measured it accurately. The AUM set is complex with many plugins from different vendors (including Turnado from the same app vendor), and the same set without Aparillo probably drops 1% every 5-10 minutes roughly.

    I am working on an iPad Pro 2017, and I heard reports that the 120Hz screen refresh was causing battery issues with some apps, but this clearly isn't affecting the other AU3s in the set.

    I haven't tested the standalone Aparillo for comparison, and I haven't checked whether it happens so much when Aparillo's GUI is open or closed.

    Has anyone else come across this? Have sent Sugar Bytes a report.

    Thanks
    Richard

  • @McDtracy said:
    slip Doug a $1/month on Patreon.

    He's got $379 supporters. We should get that to $500 by New Years. Pledge drive! Do it now. I'll be back with the totals. Won't you help?

  • @McDtracy Thanks for thinking of me here👍🙏😎

  • @thesoundtestroom said:
    @McDtracy Thanks for thinking of me here👍🙏😎

    Great news. We've gone from 397 to 379 Subscribers.

    oops. Dyslexia strikes.

  • @thesoundtestroom said:
    @McDtracy Thanks for thinking of me here👍🙏😎

    Don't take it personally Doug. NanoStudio 2 has sucked up all the spare change here and people here just hate the subscription model.

    Sell them unused Apps... (Damn you Apple.)

  • Has anyone paid for the Tutorial App? Is it worth it?

Sign In or Register to comment.