Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NanoStudio 2 official thread

Comments

• LIVE LIVE LIVE in UK store 🙂🙂

• edited December 2018

@drez said:

@[Deleted User] said:
    I agree, it’s a sampler/sequencer although not having time stretching/pitch shifting was shocking to find out. It’s certainly not a DAW.

Yeah, all that is coming, IMO. Based on what he was saying in the forum, he’s built it with an open framework in mind, fully knowing he couldn’t get everything he wanted done, but building its core functionality first. Now he doesn’t have to focus on a mixer, effects chains, routing, all those things people would be asking for anyway with audio tracks. He’s not not doing audio tracks or time stretching...he just hasn’t done them yet. He’s already said that he still has to focus on making sure that stretching audio on audio tracks with tempo changes works correctly. As in, if i’m At 120 BPM for measures 1-24, then I do a BPM increase to 140, the audio has to change accordingly. He can apply much of the same code to the audio editor and only have to work on it once.its smart coding.

He’s just an extremely detailed guy that doesn’t like to release whatever people want because they want it. That’s why he’s releasing it this way because he purposefully built it to release this way. Modular functionality that isn’t bolted on, but a planned phase approach.

Also, a lot of the NanoStudio following don’t necessarily care about audio tracks. I could care less, for example. So I think he is making the hardcore NS1 fans happy first, and then he’ll make the rest of the world more happier a little later.

I have no idea what it will be future. I can’t use features that don’t exist obviously. I’m am curious so let’s see. However, no time stretching on a sampler in 2018 is odd and restrictive.

• @Trueyorky said:
    LIVE LIVE LIVE in UK store 🙂🙂

I miss England so very, very much....

• tjatja
    edited December 2018

Yes, something changed, but I still could only see the "Preordered" string.
    After some time, I had the impression that this pre-ordering may just not work and I canceled the pre-ordering - but this did not change nothing, I still cannot download and I still have the "preordered" sign!
    I am I Nirvana... just nowhere

Update: DOWNLOADING!!!

• Thanks @dendy appreciate all of your insight..btw really nice sound design in the patches and demos.

I can see where disk-streaming Audio Tracks might be difficult to implement when using the time sig and tempo tracks, most desktop DAWs do this well, but other than Auria Pro and MultitrackStudio, I'm not aware of another iOS DAW that has time sig + tempo tracks.

• edited December 2018

@ocelot
    I can see where disk-streaming Audio Tracks might be difficult to implement when using the time sig and tempo tracks

Yeah. One of main reasons why audio tracks will be there only in summer 2019. To get enough time to do things properly. Including this particular detail.

• @dendy said:

@ocelot
    I can see where disk-streaming Audio Tracks might be difficult to implement when using the time sig and tempo tracks

Yeah. One of main reasons why audio tracks will be there only in summer 2019. To get enough time to do things properly. Including this particular detail.

I am trying not to get too excited or set my expectations too high. I will likely fail miserably.

• edited December 2018

I keep reading that Matt is a perfectionist and loves optimizing his code...that's a good software developer. :smile:
    It also amazes me how little CPU Bram Bos' apps use.

I cannot wait to test the limits of my Air 1. Full 16-track songs are possible on it with BM3 when using mostly samples and a few reliable AUs, all with lots of modulation, but the real test will be with the Obsidian synths which will use up more CPU than samples in BM3. My plan is BM3+NS2 Link'd for the best of both worlds. My hopes aren't too high - $50 for these two powerhouses is a steal really. Maybe grab another $100 Air 1 for NS2 if it works well on that old iPad....

• @Slam_Cut do you happen to know if the upcoming iPhone version will be optimized for or compatible with the iPhone SE?

• First impressions - love the UI, feels very easy to navigate. Everything just feels in the right place. Everyone wondering how to add an AU, you need to hold the +icon 😉

• @dendy would love a quick run down on automation.

• Can anyone tell me if weve got global tuning?

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    Can anyone tell me if weve got global tuning?

I think it is by region. Still waiting in Canada. ;)

• @Gaia.Tree said:

Cannot see something like that.
    May come later

• @AudioGus said:

@Gaia.Tree said:

I think it is by region. Still waiting in Canada. ;)

Omg!!!!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• edited December 2018

So while we're waiting, here's a tune I did 6 years ago on an old iphone 3 or 4 with NS1 as a rough sketch (and a terrible mix...jeez man, those old apple headphones were terrible)...

Then I exported the audio and midi and imported into Reason and tweaked it from there was some stock Reason stuff...

It was my first experiment in exporting/importing stuff out of NS1.

• @tja said:

@osc101 said:

@tja said:

@osc101 said:

@tja said:

@Norbert said:
    The UI looks very intuitive and nice. I will probably get it.

@Cib said:
    So samples go to RAM. That means i need one of those €2000 iPads with 1TB and 6 GB RAM which can‘t run AUv3 as good as older devices (at least until they solve the bug).
    I try to wait for the iPhone version but G.A.S. is coming in hard right now.

Never heared that.
    So I can be lucky with my iPad Pro12.9 2017 :)

Are all of the new iPad Pro are affected, or only the 1 TB version?

I have all three 12.9 iPad Pro's and I can say first hand that the 1st generation units run AUv3 best... No idea why I keep buying them. I guess I keep hoping the situation will improve..

What problems did you experience with the newer versions?
    Or do we have a topic about this already?

Starting with the 2nd generation, Gadget, BM3 , Cubasis etc..would get random CPU spikes and/or buffer over runs resulting in clicks and pops. With each new iPad, I restore from backup, so the apps and data are all the same. This limits the variables for root cause. I've AB'd the same song data files on each iPad for audio anomalies...

As it stands now, I have to run BM3 with a 2048 buffer just to get it reliable enough for use on some projects. Same goes for Cubasis and Gadget.

You disabled 120 Hz, Background Activity, Notifications, Animations and other stuff already?
    I did not yet do much things on the 12.9 and did not compare to my 9.7 Pro.

To stay relevant, I will compare NS2 on both Pros!

Yup...did all that. But I don’t want to hijack the thread. Agree on testing NS2. Stagelight hasn’t given me a problem yet btw...

• Seems to be live in NYC.

• WOW. It’s like discovering NS1 all over again with king size portions. I am loving NS2 ❤️

• Is it live??? I'm away from my iPad

• @dendy said:

@StormJH1
    audio tracks

they’re sheduled for summer 2019... matt already needed to release it (and people asked for it a lot) .. there is already some preparation for audio tracks inside code, so definitely its one of most important milestones for next year... difference ween ns1 and ns2 is that with ns2 audio tracks (and many other features which will one day come) were part of plan from very beginning of app developement, so app is ready for such improvement. Which was not the case with NS1

Just be patient ;) And enjoy enormous amount of greatness which is in NS2 now :)

tw NS2 is not called “DAW” in appstore description but “music production enviroment” ... and for niw, for sampling hw synths you can use same workaround which worked in NS1 - sample them to Slate (next generation TRG) pads .. works perfectly, i have too some hw gear which i love and use with NS ;)

Also, I understand that they are going to add audio tracks as an IAP later on, but I struggle to think of a good example of when "audio track as a bonus feature" ever turned out as good as hoped.

Believe me, it was not easy decision, and Matt was not happy, but actualy main reason was exactly to do it as good as expected. Or better than expected ;) To get enough time to do all things properly, not in stress and time pressure, and in same quality like all other parts of application.

Thanks for the further explanation. I agree that it should not be jammed in if they aren't ready to implement them properly.

• @reasOne said:
    Is it live??? I'm away from my iPad

@reasOne apparently where you live it won’t be available till after the first of the year....😂😂😂😂

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Trueyorky said:
    LIVE LIVE LIVE in UK store 🙂🙂

I miss England so very, very much....

Live in Austin now!

• @alecsbuga said:
    Everybody who used NS1 knows about the workflow. That’s the main selling feature. There was something about those drag handles that made you come back to it over and over.

Drag handles are still there, and now you can just tap & hold to drag notes, parts and tracks

• @3sleeves said:
    @Slam_Cut do you happen to know if the upcoming iPhone version will be optimized for or compatible with the iPhone SE?

I don’t know. The various screen sizes should be covered in the iPhone update limited only by the cut off point of hardware/iOS compatibility. That’s my best guess.

• @tja said:

@Gaia.Tree said:

Cannot see something like that.
    May come later

Cool thanks. Pretty big deal for me so I’m keeping my eyes on it. Thanks again for looking.

• Live in Toronto! :D :)

• Indeed, it went live. I kept waiting for the preorder to be confirmed, and the appstore kept me in limbo. Cancelled the preorder, and poof, the price magically appeared. Welp, now I'm downloading it! Finally. :)

This discussion has been closed.