Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NanoStudio 2 official thread

Comments

• edited April 2019

Does that drop notes not in that key/scale? Or just transpose the keyboard 7 steps?

• @MrSmileZ said:
    Does that drop notes not in that key/scale? Or just transpose the keyboard 7 steps?

It should be keeping the minor scale 7 steps down, I believe.

• Yes, and the 2nd row of notes is indicating the transposed note.

• I’ll look into that then. Seems a bit clumsy but if it works it works

• It works.

• edited April 2019

@MrSmileZ

for dropping notes which don't belong to that scale is responsible "scale" select .. this is just transposing within currently selected scale - but that's exactly how it works .. basic C minor, switched to F minor is basically just transposing root key 7 semitones down or 5 semitones up in that given scale ..

It's probably less standard way how to change root key in apps (but more natural for people playing some real instruments) - you need to do a bit math exercise (which is good for brain anyway :))) ...

One small advantage - apps where you select directly just root note by it's name doesn't allow you to choose direction of transposing, here you can choose -7 for transpose down or +5 to transpose up (let's say C2->F1 or C2->F2) .. which means, in apps with direct root note selection ,if you want transpose, let's say in opposite direction than default one, you need to first choose root note for scale and then transpose 12 semitones up / down.. here you can do it in one step ;)

• 50% holiday sale !

• @dendy Why no discount on the IAP's?

• No idea, saw just this post on twitter, but most probably it's just about core app, no ISP

• Still can’t decide whether to get it. I will never use it until it’s universal but tempted to snap it up whilst it’s cheap. Also no point if it’s gonna be abandonware again

• edited April 2019

@gregsmith
    Also no point if it’s gonna be abandonware again

Exact opposite at the moment ;) Matt is working hard to deliver very soon first big update (amongst other things also audiobus support)

• @dendy said:

@gregsmith
    Also no point if it’s gonna be abandonware again

Exact opposite at the moment ;) Matt is working hard to deliver very soon first big update (amongst other things also audiobus support)

Cool. What’s the latest on iPhone support?

• @gregsmith said:
    Still can’t decide whether to get it. I will never use it until it’s universal but tempted to snap it up whilst it’s cheap. Also no point if it’s gonna be abandonware again

Go for it, early adopters paid £30, steal at a tenner....erm, 50% off.

• edited April 2019

Based on what i know, spring is still main milestone, there is not too much work remaining - but yeah, there is some delay compared to initial timeline, mostly because of other works in upcomimg update - some of them consumend significantly more time than expected :(

Still, iPhone version is very much useable alread now, actually if i would be Matt's boss i would push him "just release it as is :))" But he is perfectionalist, until last detail of UI is not 101% perfect, it will not leave his coding pit :)

• edited April 2019

@dendy said:
    Based on what i know, spring is still main milestone, there is not too much work remaining - but yeah, there is some delay compared to initial timeline, mostly because of other works in upcomimg update - some of them consumend significantly more time than expected :(

Still, iPhone version is very much useable alread now, actually if i would be Matt's boss i would push him "just release it as is :))" But he is perfectionalist, until last detail of UI is not 101% perfect, it will not leave his coding pit :)

Thx. Will prob pick it up later when I’ve got my iPad

Does it have midi out?

• edited April 2019

@drez said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@drez said:
    @EyeOhEss do you use AUM?

Sometimes yeah

There is a massive lag between updates. Were there no bugs at all between 1.1 and 1.2, therefore no releases?

I doubt it.

My point is even though it was somewhere between 18months and 2 years between updates, AUM has gone on to be one of the most popular and successful DAW like sequencing type complex apps on iOS. Why can’t blip have length between releases and still be successful?

I personally give blip the benefit of the doubt, also considering this isn’t his first iOS app. NS1 was very popular. He has development history. I think you see some of the differing views from yours from a few NS2 users in the forum that used NS1and know/have experienced that history.

To be fair there are a lot of updates in the Testflight builds of AUM. even the current upcoming update has had like 13 iterations. so while the main branch isn't updated regularly there are tons of builds for us testers.

• @dendy 'Delay......significantly more time than expected......'

What is the consequence for the promised Audio Tracks around half this year?

• @gregsmith - Matt is something of a notorious perfectionist with a long history on IOS.

If he's promised something then it will arrive, it will be very good and it will be very late. Yes I wish he'd push out bug fixes in between big releases, but he's just not that guy. I'm pretty confident that the bugs will be fixed when the release finally happens though. And that it may be that desire to quash every bug (along with other things) that might have caused much of the delay.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited April 2019

• edited April 2019

@gregsmith said:

Does it have midi out?

yeah, read more here:
    https://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/nanostudio2/user-manual/ExtMIDIInstrument.html

@EyeOhEss said:
    Is IAA support planned? Koala and Endlesss are making me smile.

no, just AB

@cian said:
    Matt is something of a notorious perfectionist with a long history on IOS.

If he's promised something then it will arrive, it will be very good and it will be very late.

:)))) yeah, all totally true :)))

• It seems like a great deal right now. I mean, it also depends on how you feel about joining a cult. ;)

• @EyeOhEss said:

@dendy said:

@gregsmith said:

Does it have midi out?

yeah, read more here:
    https://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/nanostudio2/user-manual/ExtMIDIInstrument.html

@EyeOhEss said:
    Is IAA support planned? Koala and Endlesss are making me smile.

no, just AB

@cian said:
    Matt is something of a notorious perfectionist with a long history on IOS.

If he's promised something then it will arrive, it will be very good and it will be very late.

:)))) yeah, all totally true :)))

I don’t have AB :(

If you go to the App Store, they’ll sell it to you cheap.

• wimwim
    edited April 2019

@EyeOhEss said:
    Well yeah not planning to buy in its current state ...

Heh. Not having AudioBus isn’t an issue for ya then anyway is it? B)

But, if you were planning on getting NS2 at some point, the amount saved in the sale would cover the cost of AudioBus.

If nothing else, it’d give you more street cred to complain about NS2. :D

(Sorry - just having some fun. Complain all you want. :) )

• edited April 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @EyeOhEss said:

@wim said:

@EyeOhEss said:

Nope, no issue at all :) Continually weighing ns2 purchase up. Yet to jump...

Half price sounds good deal but if I have to buy audiobus too......not so much.

It’s actually a third of the original price. Worth it alone for the synth.

• edited April 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @EyeOhEss said:

@MonzoPro said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@wim said:

@EyeOhEss said:

Nope, no issue at all :) Continually weighing ns2 purchase up. Yet to jump...

Half price sounds good deal but if I have to buy audiobus too......not so much.

It’s actually a third of the original price. Worth it alone for the synth.

Don’t really feel like I need another iOS synth right now. Got so many already that if I spent money/attention on more it’d feel like losing the money I spent on the ones I already have ;)

You’ve spent all this money on synths and whatnot but you can’t buy audiobus? :lol:

Personally, since I use their forum for stuff that has zero to do with audiobus I felt obliged to buy it. Then I ended up using it as a good tool for different situations. Great purchase for me.

This discussion has been closed.