Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NanoStudio 2 official thread

Comments

• @dendy said:
    did same, still 4 0 0 0 .. no matter if i put Eos or just one or multiple tracks .. i first though it is some bug which is already fixed in current beta, but then i reverted to public version - still everything OK ..

try please this project - there are 4 tracks with Slates, Eos on each one.. try load it into NS2, run export, try load exported wavs it into Logic ..
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jgreqr17xt5c0p9/TestProject.nsa?dl=0

And here are tracks from that project exported .. (if i load them into logic, they are exactly 8 0 0 0 long)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ha1wtd9b8hfao6/TestProject.zip?dl=0

Yeah that works fine NS2 -> Logic = 8 0 0 0

Try this project, still export 3 3 3 239 with one au fx on one channel:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s7668sg3vxur6rf/Test loop length.nsa.zip?dl=0

98 bpm. Everything default with one au fx.

Import into new logic project set to 98 bpm

Tracks come out 3 3 3 239.

• Is device sample rate relevant to reproducing the bug?

• @klownshed Issue confirmed !! This one is REALLY strange ... it doesn't have nothing to do with AU plugins .. it's BPM !

I exported your project and it loops were really 3 3 3 239 in logic .. but when i change project tempo to 96 or to 100 - they are OK 4 0 0 0 ...

BUT - now real fun begins... Those exports are actually OK - if i load same export into Reaper, it shows correct length 4 0 0 0 .. looks like this is in fact strange LOGIC bug !!!

(_98_1.wav is Slate track from your project, i just renamed them based on tempo export)

• edited April 2019

I was trying to export a different project to show the bug where my stems are all 1 tick short so i went to open the project.

NS2 locked up.

I restarted and got the project open.

I tried to move the parts so they all started at Bar 1 and NS2 started glitching. It split one region into 4 parts, (the red regions at the top). This should be one single part. It was before I moved it. Double tap any one of them and it opens the same region.

I tried to export the project but NS2 locked up.

I restarted my iPad Air 2 and tried again.

The weird glitchy parts are still there and move independently.

I moved another part and it too glitched. Take a look at the green region at the bottom split in half height wise. Weird.

CPU use for this project is only 25%. You can see there aren’t many tracks.

If I try and archive the project NS2 locks up. I get the ‘Archiving’ white box but the blue spinner never stops.

I can’t do a save as for the same reason. Lots of lockup’s requiring restarts then more lockups.

• @dendy said:
    @klownshed Issue confirmed !! This one is REALLY strange ... it doesn't have nothing to do with AU plugins .. it's BPM !

I exported your project and it loops were really 3 3 3 239 in logic .. but when i change project tempo to 96 or to 100 - they are OK 4 0 0 0 ...

BUT - now real fun begins... Those exports are actually OK - if i load same export into Reaper, it shows correct length 4 0 0 0 .. looks like this is in fact strange LOGIC bug !!!

(_98_1.wav is Slate track from your project, i just renamed them based on tempo export)

That doesn’t explain why the exported loops without an au import perfectly into Logic.

Export a track with no au fx -> Logic 4 0 0 0
    Repeat with an au -> Logic 3 3 3 239

Same project same tempo.

• edited April 2019

I tried to move the parts soo they all started at Bar 1 and NS2 started glitching. It split one region into 4 parts, (the red regions at the top). This should be one single part.

This is not glitch, this is feature :) - you can have multiple clips on single track - you dran d drop clip to track where is other clip, they are resized to half height and placed at same place ..

• edited April 2019

@dendy said:

I tried to move the parts soo they all started at Bar 1 and NS2 started glitching. It split one region into 4 parts, (the red regions at the top). This should be one single part.

This is not glitch, this is feature :) - you can have multiple clips on single track - you dran d drop clip to track where is other clip, they are resized to half height and placed at same place ..

But I didn’t do that. I tapped a part and used the move widget to move it within the same track.

I moved one part. NS2 turned that one part into 4 offset pets. That’s not a ‘feature’ I want.

That also doesn’t explain why the green part at the bottom was converted into a half height part. There were no other parts dragged onto it. And again I just moved one part within its own track.

It should not have done that.

• edited April 2019

That also doesn’t explain why the green part at the bottom was converted into a half height part. There were no other parts dragged onto it

i see there muted part above green part on same track ...

can you send me that project ? Will try it..

I tapped a part and used the move widget to move it within the same track.

yeah that is it .. no matter how you move part - by drandrop or using drag handles at bottom - in both cases if you move part over other part they stack one above other within same track

I moved one part. NS2 turned that one part into 4 offset pets.

ok this IS strange.. this should definitely not happen, one part should not split to multiple parts just by moving

• Oh and regarding this wrong length of export - i tries load those exported files also to BM3 audio tracks, copy them multiple times - and they are perfectly aligned with grid, no drifting.. looks like length is really wrong just in Logic..

Which doesn't mean it is not something wrong at NS side - it may be some wrong metadata inside files, or something like that... will do more investigation on this, this issue really puzzles me..

• edited April 2019

@dendy said:

That also doesn’t explain why the green part at the bottom was converted into a half height part. There were no other parts dragged onto it

i see there muted part above green part on same track ...

No. There wasn't a muted part above the green part on the same track. This happened after a single part was moved within its own track. I had other tracks with multiple lanes. This particular track did NOT have multiple lanes.

can you send me that project ? Will try it..

No. I can't archive it to export. NS2 hangs when archiving. It hangs when saving. It hangs when mixing down. CPU load is less than 30% at all times.

I tapped a part and used the move widget to move it within the same track.

yeah that is it .. no matter how you move part - by drandrop or using drag handles at bottom - in both cases if you move part over other part they stack one above other within same track

I am NOT moving a part over another part. I was just moving a part within it's own track. This is something I've done loads of times. I do know what's supposed to happen. And this example is NS2 not working as it usually does. It is NOT me doing something differently or being fat-fingered.

I moved one part. NS2 turned that one part into 4 offset pets.

ok this IS strange.. this should definitely not happen, one part should not split to multiple parts just by moving

I know. And they're offset weirdly. NS2 is glitching. Ns2 has basically rendered this project unusable. I can't even export the audio from it.

• is it possible that this is what happened with your top track where are stacked 4 parts on one track ??

• I was just moving a part within it's own track

ah ok - so before you started move that green part, there was nothing else on that track, and during moving it to the left, it stacked and that muted grey part above it appeared on that track ?

• @dendy said:
    is it possible that this is what happened with your top track where are stacked 4 parts on one track ??

No.

The green part did have a muted part before it. Sorry

but the red parts did glitch. I used the move widget and they just jumped to a weird position.

• edited April 2019

@klownshed said:

@dendy said:
    @klownshed Issue confirmed !! This one is REALLY strange ... it doesn't have nothing to do with AU plugins .. it's BPM !

That doesn’t explain why the exported loops without an au import perfectly into Logic.

Same project same tempo.

@klownshed said:

@dendy said:

Same project same tempo.

Ns2 appears to be exporting Wavs that are 431997 samples long.

They should be 432000 samples long

(60/98bpm)x44100x16 beats = 432000

• @klownshed said:

@dendy said:

Same project same tempo.

It is wrong in logic also without any FX - i removed all FX from your project (both internal/external), did export

But now i'm able to reproduce it completely at iOS - in Cubasis length is wrong too - it is clearly visible when it is zoomed ... thanks for your cooperation, now i'm forwarding this to Matt ...

hope it will not mean again posponing of update for next 3 weeks :trollface:

• edited April 2019

@dendy and @klownshed That was great back and forth. I appreciate the effort from both of you to get to a reproducible bug! I haven’t exported anything into Live yet but was considering it for mixdowns with Izotope Neutron so this would have bitten me too. Much thanks! :smiley:

• it is about bpm.. maybe it happens also on other bpm values - no idea... for sure it doesn't happen at 96 or 100, it happens at 98 ... didn't experienced it in my usual bom range 120-140 till yet ..

• @dendy said:
    it is about bpm.. maybe it happens also on other bpm values - no idea... for sure it doesn't happen at 96 or 100, it happens at 98 ... didn't experienced it in my usual bom range 120-140 till yet ..

Just in case my post above got missed in all the posts;

Ns2 appears to be exporting Wavs that are 431997 samples long (4 bars 98 bpm).

They should be 432000 samples long

(60/98bpm) x 44100 x 4 beats x 4 bars= 432000 samples.

• edited April 2019

Yes i did read that .. anyway i reported it all to matt, including example project and all information gathered in this discussion - again thanks for helping put together all info !

• @dendy said:
    Yes i did read that .. anyway i reported it all to matt, including example project and all information gathered in this discussion - again thanks for helping put together all info !

👍

• As for the other project, this is probably due to the fact it has an issue. Maybe the project itself if corrupt. I’ll just delete it and hope it doesn’t happen again.

It was probably the beginning of a world wide smash hit single. We will never know.

• edited April 2019

If you didn't deleted that corrupted project yet, just copy it from NS to dropbox using Apple Files app.. you can access all NS files from Files app (on my ipad > nanostudio > projects)

• Maybe this was posted here and if so, please forgive me for not trawling through 60 some odd pages to find it. I have a Nanokey Studio, it doesn’t seem to connect using Bluetooth to NS2. The crazy thing though is that if I connect it to like Gadget or GarageBand first, and switch to NS2, it does work! So it’s not like it cannot. Am I missing some connection screen in NS2?

Looking forward to audio tracks of course, and AUv3 effect automation, but now that I’ve wrapped my head around all the menus and stuff I am really excited to start using this. I’m a long time user of NS1 and I’m super happy to see that legendary workflow is mostly intact, save for a few new ways to getting to certain things.

• edited April 2019

@icsleepers there is not BT connection screen in NS but you can connect it directly in iOS Settings > Bluetooth

Anyway - build in BT settings screen will be added in upcoming update ;)

• @dendy said:
    @icsleepers there is not BT connection screen in NS but you can connect it directly in iOS Settings > Bluetooth

Anyway - build in BT settings screen will be added in upcoming update ;)

Perfect, and I found the midi learn care of our friend @blakkaz ! Also recommended me to get the KORG Bluetooth midi app which is gonna solve it in the interim. The more I play with NS2 the more I’m like ‘Yes, wow’ - at first I was a little overwhelmed but I’m starting to see the similarities to NS1 and the learning curve isn’t as bad as I initially thought.

• @klownshed said:
    @lovadamusic sorry, but @EyeOhEss has a valid point. NS2 has been out for many months and there have been no bug fix releases.

I don’t think it is unreasonable to wonder why bug fixes aren’t being released more quickly. The fact it took so long to be developed is indeed irrelevant.

I didn’t say it was unreasonable to wonder anything. An answer I find reasonable for why updates of any kind don’t come quickly is that the app is complex, it’s one guy managing it, and he works at a pace slower (or more methodical) than some people like, as evidenced by the long original development time. I bought the app expecting that might be the case, and I’m fine with it. Maybe that’s not a helpful explanation to some people, so if they’re still confused, they’ll have to find other answers.

• Say I want to compose in F minor in Ns2? How is this possible, I can pick minor scale but no key?

• edited April 2019

@MrSmileZ said:
    Say I want to compose in F minor in Ns2? How is this possible, I can pick minor scale but no key?

Place your first note on the F key either using the keyboard or the piano roll and you will be in the key of F.

• @MrSmileZ said:
    Say I want to compose in F minor in Ns2? How is this possible, I can pick minor scale but no key?

;-)

• @dendy said:

@MrSmileZ said:

;-)

Used to do this alllll the time in Reason. And for instruments that didn’t easily support it or for whatever reason at the time I’d stuff them in a combinator and transpose that.

This discussion has been closed.