Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NanoStudio 2 official thread

Comments

• The bollocks is over.
    It's a thing of beauty.
    Time to write some songs.
    See you guys in the New Year.

• I’m not seeing ‘note repeat’, anyone know if I’m just missing it, or if it isn’t there?

• @T4H said:
    I’m not seeing ‘note repeat’, anyone know if I’m just missing it, or if it isn’t there?

Was just about to ask the same thing. I don’t see note repeat either like NanoStudio 1 had.

• wimwim
    edited December 2018

@Slam_Cut said:
    I> @wim said:

Is there any way to make it so that touching notes or pad names in the Row Header in the part editor plays the note or iPad??

In Piano roll, lower left hand corner: icon looks like speaker with a note next to it. Click it so that it is blue. This will not add ‘blue notes’ 🙄 (lame joke - couldn’t help it)

Thanks, but that’s not what I’m asking. The speaker icon stops sounding notes when you touch or place them, which is great. But I expected to be able to do is play the sounds by touching the note on the left hand keyboard or pad names.

It doesn’t look like you can do this like you can in just about any other piano roll editor. That is rather inconvenient if true. :/

Loving it otherwise so far though!

• “Duplicate” - new word that sounds fancy

• @chimp_spanner : I’m terms of file management , how does that work exactly? Does it store your Auv3’s?

• @wim said:

@Slam_Cut said:
    I> @wim said:

Is there any way to make it so that touching notes or pad names in the Row Header in the part editor plays the note or iPad??

In Piano roll, lower left hand corner: icon looks like speaker with a note next to it. Click it so that it is blue. This will not add ‘blue notes’ 🙄 (lame joke - couldn’t help it)

Thanks, but that’s not what I’m asking. The speaker icon stops sounding notes when you touch or place them, which is great. But I expected to be able to do is play the sounds by touching the note on the left hand keyboard or pad names.

It doesn’t look like you can do this like you can in just about any other piano roll editor. That is rather inconvenient if true. :/

I’ve never even thought about trying that. I don’t know I would use that... not sure it isn’t possible. I’m out and about still and not able to poke around to find out. Sorry!

• @VerbaLee said:

@T4H said:
    I’m not seeing ‘note repeat’, anyone know if I’m just missing it, or if it isn’t there?

Was just about to ask the same thing. I don’t see note repeat either like NanoStudio 1 had.

Hold ‘draw’ then select ‘grid repeat’. Adjust grid to change rate etc. you can add swing too 👍

• @Slam_Cut said:

@wim said:

@Slam_Cut said:
    I> @wim said:

I’ve never even thought about trying that. I don’t know I would use that... not sure it isn’t possible. I’m out and about still and not able to poke around to find out. Sorry!

You’re in the editor and you want to peck around for that note you’re looking for without placing anything. Pretty standard.

• Yah this is awesome.

• @Slam_Cut said:

@reasOne said:
    __how do you load up an audio unit !!!

Lower left hand corner. Press and it will load Obsidian track. Long press and you have options of other tracks. AU, Slate, MIDI...

Also anytime in NS2 that you see the small arrow under an icon, that means there are more options with a long press.

Perfect !!!

• @AudioGus said:
    Yah this is awesome.

Man, yes it is!!

• Fine tune on the synth and sampler? I’m wanting to jump in but I’m balls deep in 432hz with all my other Apps and instruments

• @Turntablist said:
    The mixer tries to copy Reaper too much and is one of the UI areas that is not great in my opinion.

@StormJH1 said:
    Man that mixer layout is just a thing of beauty. Was critical earlier bc of the audio track thing, but credit given where due!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    Fine tune on the synth and sampler? I’m wanting to jump in but I’m balls deep in 432hz with all my other Apps and instruments

I too went through a 432hz phase 😂

• Man, this is what I've been waiting for on iOS, I've tried em all... And this is my fav !!!
    I am sad you can't load iaa cuz I love Magellan and it's not au, im guessing there is a way thru ab3 to route midi into ns2 but I'm not there yet

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    Fine tune on the synth and sampler? I’m wanting to jump in but I’m balls deep in 432hz with all my other Apps and instruments

Just how well does it resonate with your balls? Now my interest is peaked.

• @reasOne said:
    Man, this is what I've been waiting for on iOS, I've tried em all... And this is my fav !!!
    I am sad you can't load iaa cuz I love Magellan and it's not au, im guessing there is a way thru ab3 to route midi into ns2 but I'm not there yet

I understand how to use ns2 as a midi controller for Magellan, and record the midi input, but it's not actually seeming to load Magellan into ns2 itself

• @wim said:

@Gaia.Tree said:

😂 it is the best thing for your balls other than women of course

• Man I missed using this sequencer. So easy. I think many of my apps are leaving the iPad, won't be using them anymore.

• wimwim
    edited December 2018

@reasOne said:

@reasOne said:
    Man, this is what I've been waiting for on iOS, I've tried em all... And this is my fav !!!

I understand how to use ns2 as a midi controller for Magellan, and record the midi input, but it's not actually seeming to load Magellan into ns2 itself

Magellan is an IAA app, right? If so you can’t load it into NS2. I think your only option is to record the audio either in the app, or using another app like AudioShare or AUM, then load that into a slate pad and trigger it.

• I dont know if its said before, or asked but... anyone with the new iPad Pro experiencing cracklings and shit with NanoStudio (with usage of AU Plugins)?

Now off to work here and i wont be around til many hours, so I hope somehow some sound samples will come my way and light it up ;)

• @mrufino1 said:
    Man I missed using this sequencer. So easy. I think many of my apps are leaving the iPad, won't be using them anymore.

Oh yah. Many gigs will be free come morning.

• NS2 is now available!

• edited December 2018

@wim said:

@reasOne said:

@reasOne said:

Magellan is an IAA app, right? If so you can’t load it into NS2. I think your only option is to record the audio either in the app, or using another app like AudioShare or AUM, then load that into a slate pad and trigger it.

Yea it's iaa , well dang I thought everyone supported iaa 😂 it's au that normally gives me problems!! At least Magellan has a built in "tape recorder " so I Will let it slide, I can record the midi in ns2 and then let it play to record to tape on Magellan... It's such a great synth for what I do that I need it, that and sunrizer... My favs,... Well thanks for the bad news 😂

• wimwim
    edited December 2018

OK, so I can already tell this app is a cut above any other app I’ve ever used on iOS. It feels like it’s going to probably become the main source of my music making. I know I’m going to get huge satisfaction out of it.

I’m only going to say this once and then leave it be. I just have to get it off my chest that there is a big lump of underlying sadness about the decision not to include even basic AudioBus support. By that I mean the ability to be an input to provide sound, and an output to receive sound, and the basic sidebar and transport controls (play and record). I respect the developer’s decision but will not hide that this is a huge disappointment, and I feel a very poor decision. IAA - good riddance! I totally support that. But AB ... sorry, I’m just really, really sad about that. Save your breath trying to talk me out of it. I know the workarounds and will use ‘em. I just wish I didn’t have to.

OK, that’s behind me and I’m out looking back. This is an absolutely stellar, completely unmatched app, and I already love it. ❤️❤️👊😎

• wimwim
    edited December 2018

@reasOne said:

@wim said:

@reasOne said:

@reasOne said:

Yea it's iaa , well dang I thought everyone supported iaa 😂 it's au that normally gives me problems!! At least Magellan has a built in "tape recorder " so I Will let it slide, I can record the midi in ns2 and then let it play to record to tape on Magellan... It's such a great synth for what I do that I need it, that and sunrizer... My favs,... Well thanks for the bad news 😂

The decision not to include the IAA rats nest is a good one. It needs to die. I’d rather work around that and not have it polluting apps in the future.

• @wim said:

@Slam_Cut said:

@wim said:

@Slam_Cut said:
    I> @wim said:

You’re in the editor and you want to peck around for that note you’re looking for without placing anything. Pretty standard.

Huh. I’m sure you are right. I work differently I guess. I either play notes in with keyboard and adjust timing in piano roll, or If working in the piano roll I would place a note and move it around to hear the pitch (or percussion if Drum part). The mini keys at the left would be super tricky to play reliably, even just poking for pitch, esp on iPhone. Maybe it’s just me. Hey! Make a suggestion on the new Nanostudio forum’s Wish List thread. 😊

• @wim said:

@reasOne said:

@wim said:

@reasOne said:

@reasOne said:

The decision not to include the IAA rats nest is a good one. It needs to die. I’d rather work around that and not have it polluting apps in the future.

I agree, no iaa is ok but then a fair trade would be to have ab support.... Magellan and samplr are really it for me for iaa, but I use Magellan like every day, hopefully the dev will make it au

• @wim said:

@Gaia.Tree said:

Hoo boy I walked right into that one 😂.
    My wife likes a strong didgeridoo drone to the poontang but I haven’t tried resonance directly on the balls yet. Whaddya think, tuning fork or singing bowl?

(End thread derailing)

This discussion has been closed.