Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

cubasis for iphone?

thoughts? has anyone ever heard anything? I am craving a decent DAW on iphone, so I can write when i am away from my ipad or desktop. So far none of them quite get there. Some have easy workflow, but lack intergration with external apps. others support external apps, but workflow is very tedious.
I’d love to have an extension in Aum or Apematrix. that basically works like abelton and records whatever is going through the masterbus of Aum, and records the audio and loops it and then another clips can be recorded and so on and so forth, until a song can be performed just live in abelton clip view.
hopefully someday we will get there.

Comments

• Cubasis would kind of be a nightmare to use on a phone I think... the UI would need a complete overhaul. It's hard enough using Gadget I can't imagine all the pop over windows and sliding tabs etc.

I think the latest hotness is Stagelight? Some time next year NS will be universal. It's definitely slimmer pickings on the phone..

• @icsleepers said:
    Cubasis would kind of be a nightmare to use on a phone I think... the UI would need a complete overhaul. It's hard enough using Gadget I can't imagine all the pop over windows and sliding tabs etc.

I think the latest hotness is Stagelight? Some time next year NS will be universal. It's definitely slimmer pickings on the phone..

GB is not a nightmare to use on an iPhone. Pete John on YT uses GB on iPhone extensively. A highly functional app like Cubasis just needs a mobile layout to fit on a phone. If NS can fit, so can Cubasis. It just needs a UI designer.

• edited December 2018

Stagelight and of course Pete Johns on GB.

• Not to brag, but I’ve already got Steinberg’s iphone app. :wink:

• Pretty sure an iPhone version is on the way, unless the plans have been scrapped. I remember seeing a representative saying so, or at least that they were considering it, I forget which. That was a while back though, so maybe the plans have indeed been scrapped.

• I’m holding out for Auria Pro on the Apple Watch LOL!

• @Audiojunkie said:
    Not to brag, but I’ve already got Steinberg’s iphone app. :wink:

egh? seriously? anytime soon?

• Wasn't it called Loop Mash or something?

• Could always just ask...

@LFS iPhone version on the way any time soon? :)

• All I've read over at the Cubasis forum is that we'll get some kind of update before Christmas :)

• In the past you could run every iPad app on an iPhone if it was jailbreaked. Though jailbreaking is dead AFAIK maybe you can do it (running iPad apps on iPhone) with a dev account.

• @Samu said:
    All I've read over at the Cubasis forum is that we'll get some kind of update before Christmas :)

Oh yeah? that’s pretty cool, maybe it will be included in the update.

• Yeah, I shouldn't have poo-poo'd it entirely, you're right - any UI can be dealt with to fit the phone size. I'd love to see all of these apps as universal, even if the usability is questionable.

I'm on an SE so... I'm especially sensitive to size... issues :tired_face:

• I was referring to the Xewton purchase—in a tongue-in-cheek sort way. I figured someone would bring it up......but....alas.....

• edited December 2018

@eross said:

@Samu said:
    All I've read over at the Cubasis forum is that we'll get some kind of update before Christmas :)

Oh yeah? that’s pretty cool, maybe it will be included in the update.

Not sure what else is included in this month's release but Lars was nice to reveal that the new iPad Pro 2018 resolutions (11" and 12.9" with Liquid Retina rounded corners) are being addressed and going to be released before Christmas:

https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=183&t=146915

Shekar