Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NanoStudio 2 pre-order link

12346»

Comments

• wimwim
    edited December 2018

There are really only two types of people in music. Those who fit a type, and those who don’t.

• edited December 2018

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@dendy said:
    In music, there are two kinds of people... There is a lot both of them in this or any other thread on AB forums..

First group - those who are still waiting for better tool to finnaly start do some music.. Because current available tool is lacking X Y Z. This kind of people is really great in finding why is something not possible to do.

Then, here is second group of people. Those people simple make music. Thanks god, nobody told them that their tools are missimg some crucial features, whithout which their tools are useless.

They doesn't know that, so they just make music.

:trollface:

I doubt you really believe that lol

I know loads of peeps on here that discuss features they would really like - they all continue to make music. Between discussions on here, pain and vomiting and picking up the dog poo, I’ve found time to start three new pieces and continue mixing one :D

Yah, wanting/dreaming/hoping for features is completely neutral and should not be read into.

• @AudioGus said:
    There is so much linguisitc/semantic/language clutter in these kinds of threads. For starters my definition of DAW means I can make hiphop, trance, dubstep, country, rock, whatever the hell I want with it, like the good old days. In fact I could even do foley work and sound design for a movie with a real DAW. If it is for psytrance and brostep primarily I call it a groovebox or like a Renoise, a tracker, what the hell, maybe 'groovedaw' is a new category. So fine, BM3 is my hiphop/beats/sampler groovedaw and NS2 is my brostuff, neurese groovedaw. Etc. Shit, I remember when 'producers' were the guys who signed the checks and smoked the cigars with their boots up on the table. (don't take this next part seriously, or anything I ever say for that matter) Whatever, just give us the damn app already! Why is it rotting on an Apple server when there is groove to get on!! This is cruel and inhumane treatment! Too much transparency!! etc.

I agree with the frustratingly complex genre-bending situation. My lastest track on NS2 was a classical orchestral piece using the IAP sounds. So somehow you gotta reconfigure your list to add classical. 😬

• edited December 2018

@wim said:
    There are really only two types of people in music. Those who fall into a group, and those who don’t.

HA! One of my jazz teachers used to say there were ‘players’ (who could play in a group) and ‘soloists’ (who could not play in a group).

• edited December 2018

@Slam_Cut said:

@AudioGus said:
    There is so much linguisitc/semantic/language clutter in these kinds of threads. For starters my definition of DAW means I can make hiphop, trance, dubstep, country, rock, whatever the hell I want with it, like the good old days. In fact I could even do foley work and sound design for a movie with a real DAW. If it is for psytrance and brostep primarily I call it a groovebox or like a Renoise, a tracker, what the hell, maybe 'groovedaw' is a new category. So fine, BM3 is my hiphop/beats/sampler groovedaw and NS2 is my brostuff, neurese groovedaw. Etc. Shit, I remember when 'producers' were the guys who signed the checks and smoked the cigars with their boots up on the table. (don't take this next part seriously, or anything I ever say for that matter) Whatever, just give us the damn app already! Why is it rotting on an Apple server when there is groove to get on!! This is cruel and inhumane treatment! Too much transparency!! etc.

I agree with the frustratingly complex genre-bending situation. My lastest track on NS2 was a classical orchestral piece using the IAP sounds. So somehow you gotta reconfigure your list to add classical. 😬

I don't find it frustrating because I am not actualy trying to make any of those genres but the apps in their purist form seem to lean towards those genres (or at least my ignorant understand of them). I just make hodge-podge-mish-mash anyway. Not interested in competitive music-genre sports with DJs as referees etc.

• I meant I find it frustrating. Using words to describe music is hard. Doing one’s own thing surely must be the most rewarding way to be a musician.

• edited December 2018

Seems like the people who ‘just make music’ should NEVER upgrade then...just stay on an ipad2 running nanostudio 1. If your rule applies, then it applies.

As for me and other uncategorized app users and rule breakers...maybe we’ll upgrade and hope for this iOS platform to become better faster stronger...

After all there is no wrong way...I know musicians who make a meager living playing a guitar in coffee shops...not my gig, but whatever flies your kite... I just prefer drones

• What I’ve done is keep my old iDevices on old iOS so I can still use apps like NS1, Alchemy, and even BM1, playing at the back of the coffee shop while the guitarist strums.

• Alchemy... I am in pain i have never experienced, heard or felt the excellencies of this synth. It’s like the white stag somewhere in these woods. But it seems all group of people are in agreement that this app was the best since sliced awesome. So may Apple free it next year for all those who missed it in the first place?! In the meantime we make some music ;)

• It does have some magic to it. The sound designers and the code on the synth were a great combination. .
    Apple put a few simplified presets into GB - that will give you an idea of the sounds. Without the pads to morph sounds you lose a lot of the magic. They put a fuller version in Logic Pro (I think I got that right, gleaned from Cib's post since I don't have a Mac). So Apple raided an iOS app to make their Mac software better. We just have to buy their laptop and software to get it. Yeah, that sucks.

• @david_2017 said:
    Alchemy... I am in pain i have never experienced, heard or felt the excellencies of this synth. It’s like the white stag somewhere in these woods. But it seems all group of people are in agreement that this app was the best since sliced awesome. So may Apple free it next year for all those who missed it in the first place?! In the meantime we make some music ;)

Remember though that that damn sliced awesome was just bread going stale back in the then :)

• Does the original nano studio work with iOS 12 ? I'm still on 11 , never updated yet

• @reasOne iOS11/12 compatible

• when I try to download the original it says the dev needs to update to work with iOS 11. I'm looking for the og since it's only 2$ > @dendy said:

@reasOne iOS11/12 compatible

• @reasOne said:
    Does the original nano studio work with iOS 12 ? I'm still on 11 , never updated yet

no! NS1 works on iOS 10 or earlier. NS2 will work on iOS 11 & 12

• @Slam_Cut said:

@reasOne said:
    Does the original nano studio work with iOS 12 ? I'm still on 11 , never updated yet

Runs very smooth and stable on a 5C or older iPod touch.

• @3sleeves said:

@Slam_Cut said:

@reasOne said:

Runs very smooth and stable on a 5C or older iPod touch.

I have an iPod touch somewhere around here

• edited December 2018

@reasOne said:
    when I try to download the original it says the dev needs to update to work with iOS 11. I'm looking for the og since it's only 2$ > @dendy said:

@reasOne iOS11/12 compatible

Ahh sorry, my mistake, i didn't realised you are talking about NS1 .. what @Slam_Cut said, NS1 iOS10 or earlier due to 31bit apps dropping on iOS11

NS1 works greatly even on old iPad MINI 1 (which have same CPU as iPad 2), i have still on just out of nostalgy, i run sometimes NS1. Still great app, lots of fun to use !

• edited December 2018

@Slam_Cut said:
    Apple put a few simplified presets into GB - that will give you an idea of the sounds. Without the pads to morph sounds you lose a lot of the magic.

The iOS version in GB still has the morph pads, it's pretty much identical to the Alchemy Player that was made by Camel Audio, just without as many presets.

@Slam_Cut said:
    So Apple raided an iOS app to make their Mac software better. We just have to buy their laptop and software to get it. Yeah, that sucks.

To be fair they raided the desktop version of Alchemy, killed it on windows and put the Mac version into Logic. Great for Logic users, not so good for anyone else. But Alchemy wasn't primarily an iOS product, the iOS version was a cut-down player without the deep editing functions.

This discussion has been closed.