Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Logic Pro X Drums in AudioLayer?

Hello Everyone! I am new here, and I was wondering if there was an absolute genius out there who can help me. I am using a DrumKat (Midi Controller) through a Korg PlugKey to an iPad Mini 4. I have recently acquired AudioLayer in hopes of being able to get a more real drum response through the iPad for portability's sake. AudioLayer is an incredible app. I am able to pull over EXS Sample Instruments and play them just fine from Logic with realistic velocity. However, I am really wanting to take one of the Producer Kits (Customized sounds) and convert it to something I can use in AudioLayer. So far, no luck. The problem is that it is apparently just a "wrapped" EXS24 instrument, so my thinking is that there is a way to save it as an EXS instrument after customization, but when trying to open it as strictly an EXS instrument, things such as pitch and even the open high-hat all go away. I'm unsure how it's all actually set up, but I wish I could find a work around that would give me the same results as plugging a Midi Controller into my iMac and running Logic's Producer kits. Anyone wish to experiment and find me an amazing workaround?

Comments

• @MicahTodd said:
    Hello Everyone! I am new here, and I was wondering if there was an absolute genius out there who can help me. I am using a DrumKat (Midi Controller) through a Korg PlugKey to an iPad Mini 4. I have recently acquired AudioLayer in hopes of being able to get a more real drum response through the iPad for portability's sake. AudioLayer is an incredible app. I am able to pull over EXS Sample Instruments and play them just fine from Logic with realistic velocity. However, I am really wanting to take one of the Producer Kits (Customized sounds) and convert it to something I can use in AudioLayer. So far, no luck. The problem is that it is apparently just a "wrapped" EXS24 instrument, so my thinking is that there is a way to save it as an EXS instrument after customization, but when trying to open it as strictly an EXS instrument, things such as pitch and even the open high-hat all go away. I'm unsure how it's all actually set up, but I wish I could find a work around that would give me the same results as plugging a Midi Controller into my iMac and running Logic's Producer kits. Anyone wish to experiment and find me an amazing workaround?

Have you tried to load the EXS24 file in the EXS24 instrument in Logic Pro X and editing it or creating a new EXS24 instrument by sampling the producer kit you want?