Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sugar Bytes Aparillo iOS

Comments

• You guys do realize that you can change the polyphony from mono to poly under the ENV tab?

• @echoopera said:

@MonzoPro said:

@echoopera said:
    @McDtracy you’re far too kind sir.

Here’s a little video to accompany the woozy delirium:

Lovely :)

What are you using to sequence it?

Thanks for the viewing sir. 4 instances were sequenced in BM3.

Ah ok thanks, that one's a bit of a mystery to me so I'll probably stick to Riffer :)

• How the heck does one disable the “app dock” from appearing on the bottom of the iPad when playing? Im accidentally opening other apps in the middle of playing! :/

This a not a specifically Aparillo question... don’t know if needs a whole new thread...
    But when playing Aparillo or other apps with a built in keyboard 🎹 swiping movements will bring up the dock. I checked google and changed everything I could find in settings. No dice. Maybe it is not even possible? Even changing the screen orientation doesn’t help. Im on iOS 11. Thanks!

Now back to Aparillo! 👍

• @haulin_notes said:
    How the heck does one disable the “app dock” from appearing on the bottom of the iPad when playing? Im accidentally opening other apps in the middle of playing! :/

This a not a specifically Aparillo question... don’t know if needs a whole new thread...
    But when playing Aparillo or other apps with a built in keyboard 🎹 swiping movements will bring up the dock. I checked google and changed everything I could find in settings. No dice. Maybe it is not even possible? Even changing the screen orientation doesn’t help. Im on iOS 11. Thanks!

Now back to Aparillo! 👍

This has frustrated me too. I did a small amount of research and it seems that it’s up to devs to keep things out of the dock activation zone. This is a bit of a problem for apps with on screen keyboards. Not sure if any devs can confirm this either way?

• @Beathoven said:

@haulin_notes said:
    How the heck does one disable the “app dock” from appearing on the bottom of the iPad when playing? Im accidentally opening other apps in the middle of playing! :/

Now back to Aparillo! 👍

This has frustrated me too. I did a small amount of research and it seems that it’s up to devs to keep things out of the dock activation zone. This is a bit of a problem for apps with on screen keyboards. Not sure if any devs can confirm this either way?

Thanks for the reply! Still searching for answers. Started a new thread about it.
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/30136/how-to-keep-ios-app-dock-from-popping-up-when-playing#latest

• The app developer just needs to add a line or two of code to enable edge protection.

@haulin_notes said:

@Beathoven said:

@haulin_notes said:

Now back to Aparillo! 👍

Thanks for the reply! Still searching for answers. Started a new thread about it.
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/30136/how-to-keep-ios-app-dock-from-popping-up-when-playing#latest

• edited December 2018

Did a little demo of Aparillo and Turnado in Aum. A simple bass patch to start with. But using the Orbit in Aparillo, and adding Turnado is weirdness squared! :D

(WARNING: WATCH YOUR VOLUME. EVEN WITH USE OF LIMITER ON THE SOUND, DUE TO THE GLITCHY NATURE OF THE EFFECTS THERE MAY BE VOLUME SPIKES.

youtube.com/watch?v=lJgddsXIEqo&t=285s]( "")

• @Beathoven said:

@haulin_notes said:

Now back to Aparillo! 👍

If you have KB-1, try using that. You can move it up, away from the bottom screen edge.

• @Crawlingwind said:
    You guys do realize that you can change the polyphony from mono to poly under the ENV tab?

No.

Thanks. Very good to know.

In the immortal words of Emily Litella "Nevermind".

I guess there is a 13 hour tutorial App on this Synth App for good reason and a series of YouTube videos.

OT: But it's good to know how to split chords in channels to assign Apps to those channels. Put the lowest note to a Bass patch for example.

• Tried running two instances of Aparillo with a bit of LFO tomfoolery via ApeMatrix last night, and it crackled more than my knees going up the stairs. Quite a surprise, as I can easily run three in AUM without any problems whatsoever. Maybe the LFO stuff takes a big chunk of CPU.

• This app is dangerously addictive, as soon as you start LFOing the orb icons in apeMatrix there's no escape :)

• @haulin_notes wow Ive never even seen that matrix/slider screen on the left of Turnado, looks like it morphs between fx settings? Will have to take a look for it.

• .> @1nsomniak said:

@haulin_notes wow Ive never even seen that matrix/slider screen on the left of Turnado, looks like it morphs between fx settings? Will have to take a look for it.

Yes, it is under the “dictator” button setting. The XY pad option is nice too. But having such a quick morph within different preset parameters is sweet.

• @Carnbot said:
    This app is dangerously addictive, as soon as you start LFOing the orb icons in apeMatrix there's no escape :)

I modulate nearly everything with AM, loads of fun!

@1nsomniak said:
    @haulin_notes wow Ive never even seen that matrix/slider screen on the left of Turnado, looks like it morphs between fx settings? Will have to take a look for it.

Try modulating it (the dictator) in ApeMatrix if you have it.

• @1nsomniak said:

Look into The Dictator in the manual and video tutorials for Turnado. You will not be disappointed.

• edited December 2018

@MonzoPro said:

@Carnbot said:
    This app is dangerously addictive, as soon as you start LFOing the orb icons in apeMatrix there's no escape :)

I modulate nearly everything with AM, loads of fun!

Yeah me too, it's so quick to modulate compared to using a separate plugin, it's even quicker than when using a desktop daw, so you can get to the "action" quickly :)

...and that goes for this app too, the modulation is excellent. Just randomising the orb controls can produce new sounds instantly.

• @1nsomniak I automate the Dictator in Turnado in apeMatrix in this video:

• I don’t (yet) understand how this works but it has sounds like I have not heard from any other synth, and that is reason enough to get excited

• Im philosophically opposed to ApeMatrix currently but am definitely interested in setting up that Dictator and tweaking by hand. Ive used the XY pads before but it can be tricky zeroing in on the sweet spots, it looks like I can anchor those spots in Dictator.

• @AudioGus said:
    OMG... did not expect this today

Gus - this should be a dream for you! Can’t wait too see what you turn out wit it. Got the freebie (no more synths for a while- recovering synth-a-holic). Think Sugar Bytes finally ‘got’ the IOS interface style - I can Actually read the buttons. 🔭

• This is amazing that they made it free (with restrictions) and the MIDI works fine! As long as you start from that init patch its just incredible. I found that really helps as the presets (on free version) are a bit weak and hard to understand what is going on. I am not sure about the orbits yet though it looks cool. Anyway, I have a lot of exploration to do and cheers to sugar bytes for not having sucky restrictions.

• @Crawlingwind said:
    You guys do realize that you can change the polyphony from mono to poly under the ENV tab?

It's a rather specialized form of polyphony.

In Unison the envelopes work monophonic, providing the standard Aparillo case: One note plays 16 voices at once.

Polyphon setting: The envelopes represent a 16 voice polyphonic synthesizer, where, due to the special nature of Aparillo, each voice most probably has a different sound.

I need to test that.

• edited December 2018

youtu.be/yAvLZP8Ptk8]( "

A drone demo of Aparillo, Turnado, and VirSyn Effects. No talking... just droning! 😊
    (Careful with volume, contains random glitchiness!)

• edited December 2018

Something odd that I've noticed consistently about Sugar Bytes apps. Right after I buy them, I love them and use them constantly for a couple days. Then, I kind of quickly burn out on them. I've got Turnado, WOW, Egoist, Unique, and Effectrix. Same scenario with each.

Funny thing is, I would re-buy them all over again. Still, for me at least, there seems to be a very quick burn-out response I get from using any of them.

The same with Aparillo. The day it launched I was all over it. Watched some of the developer's excellent tutorials, messed around exploring it for 2 or 3 evenings in a row.

Then, bam. The Sugar Bytes effect. Sort of fatigue of it's sound. Maybe too much of a good thing? I haven't noticed this with other apps so much.

I haven't paid for the IAP yet, but I likely will at some point. Just found it curious as to why their apps that are on one hand, very well designed and fun as hell to play with... almost like playing some kind of audio video game... but also, have a quick burn out factor. Anyone else experience this with Sugar Bytes apps?

Again, this isn't a knock on their apps. I love them and would buy them again.

• @skiphunt said:
    Something odd that I've noticed consistently about Sugar Bytes apps. Right after I buy them, I love them and use them constantly for a couple days. Then, I kind of quickly burn out on them. I've got Turnado, WOW, Egoist, Unique, and Effectrix. Same scenario with each.

Funny thing is, I would re-buy them all over again. Still, for me at least, there seems to be a very quick burn-out response I get from using any of them.

The same with Aparillo. The day it launched I was all over it. Watched some of the developer's excellent tutorials, messed around exploring it for 2 or 3 evenings in a row.

Then, bam. The Sugar Bytes effect. Sort of fatigue of it's sound. Maybe too much of a good thing? I haven't noticed this with other apps so much.

I haven't paid for the IAP yet, but I likely will at some point. Just found it curious as to why their apps that are on one hand, very well designed and fun as hell to play with... almost like playing some kind of audio video game... but also, have a quick burn out factor. Anyone else experience this with Sugar Bytes apps?

Sugar is an ingredient. Not a meal.

• @skiphunt said:

I have all their apps. I haven't used a single one of them in any production I've finished. I too would probably buy them again if I came across them today for the first time. So yeah. :)

• @hellquist said:

@skiphunt said:

I have all their apps. I haven't used a single one of them in any production I've finished. I too would probably buy them again if I came across them today for the first time. So yeah. :)

I am sprinkling the Sugar all the time. Even just using Egoist as more of a random sample browser on large sample library compilation wavs. Aparillo will certainly show up a ton. But it is all bits and pieces for me.

• @AudioGus said:

@hellquist said:

@skiphunt said:

I am sprinkling the Sugar all the time. Even just using Egoist as more of a random sample browser on large sample library compilation wavs. Aparillo will certainly show up a ton. But it is all bits and pieces for me.

Yeah I know what you mean, too much Sugar Bytes can be bad for your health :)

But I'm always going back to them, my most used are Egoist and Thesys and will be this one now as well. Definitely their best synth so far on iOS, not a big fan of Cyclops or Unique, even though it's fun playing with them sometimes. I hope Obscurium is next because that'll work great on iOS too.

The sound can be quite artificial and digital so can take a while to get into, but this one seems a lot more varied in the sounds it can make.

• @AudioGus said:

@hellquist said:

@skiphunt said:

Exactly the same here. When I need a little twist or an unexpected accent in a tune, SB never fails to hit the sweet spot.

• Having said the above, Aparillo could definitely offer some main ingredients. I spent some quality time with it today and the arps and sequences are very nice!