Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sugar Bytes Aparillo iOS

Comments

• @Carnbot said:
    On first look it's a bit disappointing the graphics aren't retina and can see the pixels on 12.9. Only a minor thing though.

That’s intentional; it’s the Sugar Bytes UI style. Which I actually quite like.

• My next SugarBytes synth on iOS will be Factory.
    No release date yet, but it will come.

• Are you all excited about this thing?
    Maybe just a little?
    :D

• edited December 2018

@CracklePot said:
    Are you all excited about this thing?
    Maybe just a little?
    :D

Hmmm. Curious... why do you ask? ;)

Seriously tho... darn nice of SB to give us a $99 VST for free. And i bet they will actually make MORE sales of the full app deal because of the free taste. Win-win. And no ads for Russian brides in the app whatsoever! None!
    (Am so disappoint for this! Lonely for the holiday and homeland :'( )

• Only a little excited. When this synth first came out it just looked like it belonged on the iPad. Can’t wait to begin composing with it. 🙏🏼💕

• So excited I only now just saw the typo.

• @AudioGus said:
    So excited I only now just saw the typo.

I thought "suger" was the Canadian spelling.

• edited December 2018

@lukesleepwalker said:

@AudioGus said:

I thought "suger" was the Canadian spelling.

It was, up until the Great Syrup Wars.

• Love the app, but why o why do they drown all the presets in reverb! Lol

• @kinkujin said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    I was thinking over the weekend that I had pretty much dialed in my Top 3 apps of 2018 but this completely blows that exercise back to the drawing board. Wow, just the "Orbit" feature alone is blowing my mind...

Yeah, exactly. NS2 and Drambo. And I was holding ...

Plus there is the @midiSequencer Photon arriving hopefully soon. Man, too much dough.

Yep, Proton will be the key for archiving, most sequences..

Thesys AUv3 please..

• Now I am waiting for Obscurium.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Love the app, but why o why do they drown all the presets in reverb! Lol...

I think “aparillo” is the Spanish word for “large, dark, spooky, and echoy cavern” :p

Also, here’s a fun tip for pranksters: For those who have a drone (the flying gadget) and some free time...

Attach some blinkin lights and a Bluetooth speaker to the drone... preferably on a foggy evening. Then play the Aparillo presets “Mothership” or “Teleportation” from your iPad to the speaker while the drone is hovering in some public place. Enjoy as the UFO sightings are reported on your local news! (I’m not responsible if a government agency knocks on your door the next day! :D )

• @haulin_notes said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    Love the app, but why o why do they drown all the presets in reverb! Lol...

I think “aparillo” is the Spanish word for “large, dark, spooky, and echoy cavern” :p

Also, here’s a fun tip for pranksters: For those who have a drone (the flying gadget) and some free time...

Attach some blinkin lights and a Bluetooth speaker to the drone... preferably on a foggy evening. Then play the Aparillo presets “Mothership” or “Teleportation” from your iPad to the speaker while the drone is hovering in some public place. Enjoy as the UFO sightings are reported on your local news! (I’m not responsible if a government agency knocks on your door the next day! :D )

O I see lol. So, I’m going to de carven some of the presets, but try to maintain the spooky :D

• This is pretty cool. I am only checking out the free version so far.
    The midi in works on the free one. :)

• Sorry if I missed it, but what does the IAP full version offer that the free version does not?

• @CracklePot said:
    This is pretty cool. I am only checking out the free version so far.
    The midi in works on the free one. :)

Love the try it before you buy it model here. Very smart!

• Aparillo sounds huge!
    Seems it’s a great synth for amazing soundscapes... 😊

I had a lot of fun the last hour! 👍

• @Cliffy said:
    Sorry if I missed it, but what does the IAP full version offer that the free version does not?

500 presets, AU, user presets etc.

• @Beathoven said:

@Carnbot said:
    On first look it's a bit disappointing the graphics aren't retina and can see the pixels on 12.9. Only a minor thing though.

That’s intentional; it’s the Sugar Bytes UI style. Which I actually quite like.

Even so it's pushing that style to the limit on 12.9. When you can see compression artifacts, it's starting to look bad, Looks better and sharper on desktop which it's optimised for. Not a deal breaker but I still think ipad gui is a bit of an after thought...

Sounds identical to desktop though as far as I can see.

• edited December 2018

@MonzoPro said:

@Cliffy said:
    Sorry if I missed it, but what does the IAP full version offer that the free version does not?

@Cliffy said:

You could buy the Aparillo Sound Design Course for $13.99 and not need the presets?
    (Joking. No AU!)

• Any news if the 20€ is an early adopter sale? Boy, with all these releases I need a second job... 😳🎄

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Cliffy said:

@Cliffy said:

You could buy the Aparillo Sound Design Course for $13.99 and not need the presets?
    (Joking. No AU!)

In youtbe Sugar bytes has an 8 part tutorial that will help you get started

• @Prog1967 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Cliffy said:

@Cliffy said:

(Joking. No AU!)

In youtbe Sugar bytes has an 8 part tutorial that will help you get started

Excellent. It looks pretty impressive....

• @david_2017 said:
    Any news if the 20€ is an early adopter sale? Boy, with all these releases I need a second job... 😳🎄

Difficult to say, but Egoist is thirty quid so could be. They have a sale in December - be good to know if this is an intro price though.

• @AudioGus said:

Fixed :smiley:

• The videos are all here. More than an hour's instruction.

• edited December 2018

I just love this synth. Makes me glad i never picked up the Digitone and OP-Z.

Here’s a little explore with Amarillo, SynthMasterONE and Quanta while i recover in bed from the flu...

Hope it sounds ok. I ‘mastered’ it from the iPad speakers...i wasn’t energetic enough to get my 🎧 🤪

• @echoopera said:
    I just love this synth. Makes me glad i never picked up the Digitone and OP-Z.

Here’s a little explore with Amarillo, SynthMasterONE and Quanta while i recover in bed from the flu...

Here he goes! B)

• This instrument is insane! Just some little crackles between sounds and too much reverb everywhere (not a big deal to correct following your taste)
    It’s incredible the sounds that come out the iPad with this thing!
    Very funny to settle the sounds too.
    Back to it.