Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sugar Bytes Aparillo iOS

Comments

• On first look it's a bit disappointing the graphics aren't retina and can see the pixels on 12.9. Only a minor thing though.

• Great surprise!

• edited December 2018

I was thinking over the weekend that I had pretty much dialed in my Top 3 apps of 2018 but this completely blows that exercise back to the drawing board. Wow, just the "Orbit" feature alone is blowing my mind...

• edited December 2018

@Carnbot said:
    Has the AU got midi out for the controller? This would be great for controlling other things too.

@Carnbot Was thinking that but not seeing it, I may be wrong.

It’s not to heavy as a AU on CPU had 4 instances running inside StageLight hit 40-45% on iPad Pro 9.7 2016 Model latest iOS.

• @Carnbot It is showing a midi out channel from the AU inside AUM.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    I was thinking over the weekend that I had pretty much dialed in my Top 3 apps of 2018 but this completely blows that exercise back to the drawing board. Wow, just the "Orbit" feature alone is blowing my mind...

Yeah, exactly. NS2 and Drambo. And I was holding ...

Plus there is the @midiSequencer Photon arriving hopefully soon. Man, too much dough.

• Bass out, that's cool. Even if it's not full midi out, I'm sure it'll be something they'll add at some point.

• is it intro price or regular now?

• Not sure if it’s working as midi out can’t get it to trigger at present. As a AU your only seeing iCloud sync under preferences.

• @Jocphone said:
    Thought I would be safe for a while after Bkack Friday.!

Reckon Mr @MonzoPro is going to be happy though.

Flipping heck, this is a surprise! Thanks for tagging me, now to find some coins down the back of the sofa...

• @kinkujin said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Yeah, exactly. NS2 and Drambo. And I was holding ...

Plus there is the @midiSequencer Photon arriving hopefully soon. Man, too much dough.

It's just been a huge year for iOS musickers and December is shaping up to put the icing on the cake. Just didn't expect Sugar Bytes to add a layer to the cake!

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    HOLY COW, gotta love how SugarBytes drops this stuff unexpectedly. @MonzoPro is gonna be chuffed on this one.

You bet :)

• edited December 2018

Setting up the orbiter record options when using as a AU is fiddly and very tricky at present can’t get the menus arrow to move that needs fixing.

• Right after black friday and before christmas...
    Sugar Bytes, ye evil bastards :lol:
    Hope they release Obscurium only next year :wink:

• Wow. One of my favorite synths on macOS. This is gonna be fantastic on iOS. Great job @sugarbytes on this release 👊🏼™️💕

• @echoopera said:
    Wow. One of my favorite synths on macOS. This is gonna be fantastic on iOS. Great job @sugarbytes on this release 👊🏼™️💕

@echoopera I thought the atmospheric aspect of this one would pull you in, looking forward to hearing what you create with it.

• Why this has to happen to me? This way I am never going to be able to do any saving. What can I do? I will have to quit this forum and discchord and doug and Daveypoo and the Audio Dabbler and on and on. Is like being addicted to crack and all my neighbors selling it. We have to create a double AA group here for us appaholics. Take my money Sugar Bytes you deserve it. :D

• It’s passed the ‘can freighten my dog’ test! :D

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    It’s passed the ‘can freighten my dog’ test! :D

😀 that made me laugh!

• I'd given up on this making it to IOS so I just bought it on the desktop (BF price). Wouldn't have done so if I knew it was coming a few days later. In general I have a 'no multi platform duplicates' policy for purchases, but I always thought this would work so much better on IOS. Hmmm ...

• edited December 2018

@lnikj said:
    I'd given up on this making it to IOS so I just bought it on the desktop (BF price). Wouldn't have done so if I knew it was coming a few days later. In general I have a 'no multi platform duplicates' policy for purchases, but I always thought this would work so much better on IOS. Hmmm ...

I'd recommend giving the iOS version a spin, as it's free for the non-AU version anyway.

I've used the desktop version, and though it's a wonderful thing, using a mouse is a bit clunky. For me this app is made for iOS, and it's an absolute joy to use.

Thank you for this @sugarbytes

• edited December 2018

Goodness! I wonder if that’s the intro price as well.

The desktop version doesn’t support mpe either, right? Per note orbiter x y control with slide and pressure would be booooonkers!

• Sugar Bytes
    -Bitter Sweet XMax Treat

• I have the desktop version. Was hoping for ios. What a surprise to wake up to. Now, where is Synplant?

• No shoes for the baby again this year...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    No shoes for the baby again this year...

No orange under christmas tree either

• @Johnba said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    No shoes for the baby again this year...

No orange under christmas tree either

BUT 1) I just played a patch onto a song I've been stuck with these past few days and now, immediately, it was obvious it was waiting for this thing, it just hadn't bothered to tell me (songs can be rude like that) and 2) There goes the rest of the day.

• This thing is killer. As in “wallet killer”! I love it!

• edited December 2018

GOOOOOAAAL! SUGAR BYTES FOR THE WIN! CHRISTMAS COMES EARLY! Woo hooo! * runs through town screaming like Jimmy Stewart * :D

So glad to have Aparillo on iPad. Don’t even care that i just bought the desktop version, the ios app will get more casual use. Gotta run it thru Turnado and Effectrix... And then put in thru Klevgrand’s new app ReAmp to warm and analogify everything. And then bit-crush it all.

Thanks mad geniuses at Sugar Bytes for the holiday sweets! You are all Sugar Plum fairies in my book. (Wait, that didn’t sound quite right... scratch that :p )