Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Exporting Garageband to Logic Pro w auv3?

Forgive me if I’ve asked or seen this somewhere but let’s say I use Beathawk within Garageband for the drum sounds and I wanna sendthe track to a friend to import into his Logic Pro x . Is there a way to do that so that my auv3 tracks and sounds are intact or do I have to just settle for having the Garageband stock sounds minus Beathawk and any other auv3 I might have on the track ?

Comments

• You could send all the auv3 as audio tracks, I suppose you already know that. I never knew for years that “merge” meant freeze track as audio.

• @AtticusL said:
    You could send all the auv3 as audio tracks, I suppose you already know that. I never knew for years that “merge” meant freeze track as audio.

How would I send the auv3 as audio tracks? Wav files? Audio share ?

• @Telstar5 said:

@AtticusL said:
    You could send all the auv3 as audio tracks, I suppose you already know that. I never knew for years that “merge” meant freeze track as audio.

How would I send the auv3 as audio tracks? Wav files? Audio share ?

Duplicate the track with the AUv3 and the Midi you want to export.
    Merge one of the AUv3 tracks to render it to audio.

This way you'll have the AUv3's audio saved and in case you need to edit the midi in Logic Pro X assign the proper instrument to it and well, render again.

• As said, the AUv3 track is rendered to an audio track in GB - tap the track instrument icon to open the menu and “Merge.” If it wasn’t clear, that audio track gets saved within the .band project file you’d be sharing.

Your best bet is to include both the MIDI and rendered audio tracks to your friend so they can hear what it’s supposed to sound like, and then also have the option to use/edit the MIDI track triggering an alternative instrument of their choosing. I don’t know about Beathawk. Is it triggered by GB or its own sequencer? If the latter, I think you’d need to save the MIDI from Beathawk and import the MIDI file into Logic.

• Thanks! For the sake of simplicity though it might be easiest to just stay within GB if at all possible for now.😉