Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Who wants to test DRC AUv3?

123457»

Comments

• @sinosoidal said:

@rezidue said:

@sinosoidal said:

@rezidue said:
    @sinosoidal I took a capture of the audio burst: https://streamable.com/zhjxx

What’s interesting to me is that on my iPad speakers the sound cuts out after the first burst but the recording manages to capture audio without issue. I’ve also never heard the bursts run as long as they are recorded. When you see me start playing keys I’m not hearing anything until the second burst which gave me another loud pop.

I’m going to plug it into my Mac and see if I can debug it.

This is a very awkward issue. Yesterday I was able to experience it using it in non debug. I have insisted but I couldn't replicate it.

Is there any chance it's related to sample rate? I see sample rate being set to 44kHz when I'm viewing console logs. I don't believe there is a way to toggled in the stand alone app. Maybe it would be good to test how it would run @48? I think I remember an old bug iOS bug that had issues like that when the Pro first came out (might have been 2nd gen). Also recall seeing something about the new pros only supporting 48.

Who knows. What host are you using and how are you changing the sample rate? Please advise.

I’m only testing and reading logs from the standalone app as AU seemed to stop having as frequent issues.

• Have been getting stuck notes too recently using Aphelian not sure if anyone else has?
    Pretty sure it’s Drc which is at fault though.

• edited January 2019

I've got a weird behavior in NS2 as Auv3. Sometimes, when I am not actively playing, there is a some noise sound coming out of nowhere in DRC. Anyone having the same issue?

• @Carnbot said:
    Have been getting stuck notes too recently using Aphelian not sure if anyone else has?

I've noticed some 'stuck notes' when holding down notes/keys and at the same time and changing the patch/preset.
    Don't have Aphelian to test with but if it automates the program change that might be the cause for it...

• @Samu said:

@Carnbot said:
    Have been getting stuck notes too recently using Aphelian not sure if anyone else has?

I've noticed some 'stuck notes' when holding down notes/keys and at the same time and changing the patch/preset.
    Don't have Aphelian to test with but if it automates the program change that might be the cause for it...

Aphelian doesn't send PC messages (I don't think) but it is sending CC automation which might be relevant. Other apps in the session are ok with the midi like Aparillo.

When you change patch with the stuck notes in DRC it doesn't "unstick" either which can be frustrating in Audiobus because there's no panic button.

• @Carnbot said:

When you change patch with the stuck notes in DRC it doesn't "unstick" either which can be frustrating in Audiobus because there's no panic button.

Agreed, even the 'panic' button in the stand-alone can have a hard time to silence stuck notes that get 'stuck' when changing patches.

What would be needed here is that when changing patches the sound-engine should do a fade out, cut the active notes, change patch and fade-in to avoid nasty surprises if the patch difference is 'extreme'.

The Juno-106 is extreme for 'surprises' since it just 'sets the synthesis values' when changing the preset so the sustaining notes will immediately play with the new parameters. One feature I do not like about that particular synth :D

• @Samu said:

@Carnbot said:

>

What would be needed here is that when changing patches the sound-engine should do a fade out, cut the active notes, change patch and fade-in to avoid nasty surprises if the patch difference is 'extreme'.

Yeah that'd be useful :)
    Was hoping Michael might give us a panic button in AB3 at some point too...

• @Norbert said:
    I've got a weird behavior in NS2 as Auv3. Sometimes, when I am not actively playing, there is a some noise sound coming out of nowhere in DRC. Anyone having the same issue?

How many instances do you have? We put some background noise on the synth on purpose. However, if there are many instances, that background noise will sum up.

• @sinosoidal said:

@Norbert said:

How many instances do you have? We put some background noise on the synth on purpose. However, if there are many instances, that background noise will sum up.

You mean, you use a noise sound as UI notification?

• @sinosoidal said:

@Norbert said:

Also in the full version?!? :o

• edited January 2019

@Norbert said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Norbert said:

@tja said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Norbert said:

Sorry, there must be a confusion here. Since version 0, we add a really small fraction of noise to the synth engine, to sound like analog. A analog synth is not 100% quiet. Later we have realised with the desktop plugin version that if you open several instances, that little fraction of noise will sum up and become audible. That's why I was asking for how many instances to @Norbert .

But I think there is some kind of confusion here. This noise is completely different from the burst of noise that can be hear loud and clear in 60 seconds intervals when the synth engine purchase is not activated. That's a demo limitation.

Is it clear now? :blush:

• Yeah it's better thanks.

• @Norbert said:
    Yeah it's better thanks.

However, this is something we need to change. Definitely. It is not good to have this background noise messing with the global sound... :neutral:

• @Samu said:

@Carnbot said:

Agreed, even the 'panic' button in the stand-alone can have a hard time to silence stuck notes that get 'stuck' when changing patches.

The Juno-106 is extreme for 'surprises' since it just 'sets the synthesis values' when changing the preset so the sustaining notes will immediately play with the new parameters. One feature I do not like about that particular synth :D

We have an interpolation system on the most crucial parameters. When you change a presets, if there are notes active, it will send note off to all active notes, change patch (during this process, many parameters will be interpolated until the target value), and then note on are sent to all active notes.

• @sinosoidal said:

We have an interpolation system on the most crucial parameters. When you change a presets, if there are notes active, it will send note off to all active notes, change patch (during this process, many parameters will be interpolated until the target value), and then note on are sent to all active notes.

That might explain why notes can sometimes get 'stuck' when changing the preset especially when using the on-screen keyboard in the stand-alone app.(It's a highly repeatable process, hold down a few notes on the on-screen keyboard change the preset without letting go off the keys, change to yet another preset, release the keys and they are 'stuck' and pressing 'Panic' has no effect).

• edited January 2019

@sinosoidal said:

@Norbert said:
    Yeah it's better thanks.

However, this is something we need to change. Definitely. It is not good to have this background noise messing with the global sound... :neutral:

It's certainly not the kind of things which would incline people into buying your app. Honestly, I thought it was a bug at first. That's why I posted here cause I didn't want to potentially buy a product with this kind of issue.

• @sinosoidal said:

@Norbert said:
    Yeah it's better thanks.

Let only one AU instance make noise ;-)

• @sinosoidal said:

@Norbert said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Norbert said:

@tja said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Norbert said:

Sorry, there must be a confusion here. Since version 0, we add a really small fraction of noise to the synth engine, to sound like analog. A analog synth is not 100% quiet. Later we have realised with the desktop plugin version that if you open several instances, that little fraction of noise will sum up and become audible. That's why I was asking for how many instances to @Norbert .

But I think there is some kind of confusion here. This noise is completely different from the burst of noise that can be hear loud and clear in 60 seconds intervals when the synth engine purchase is not activated. That's a demo limitation.

Did you watch my video of a single instance? That’s a different issue right?

• @Norbert said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Norbert said:
    Yeah it's better thanks.

It's certainly not the kind of things which would incline people into buying your app. Honestly, I thought it was a bug at first. That's why I posted here cause I didn't want to potentially buy a product with this kind of issue.

This is only relevant if you have more than one instance. That's why I asked: how many instances are you running?

• @rezidue said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Norbert said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Norbert said:

@tja said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Norbert said:

Which video?

• @sinosoidal said:

@rezidue said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Norbert said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Norbert said:

@tja said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Norbert said:

Which video?

Not mine but I think it's @rezidue ...

https://streamable.com/u9p07

• @kinkujin said:

@sinosoidal said:

@rezidue said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Norbert said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Norbert said:

@tja said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Norbert said:

Which video?

Not mine but I think it's @rezidue ...

https://streamable.com/u9p07

That’s the one. @sinosoidal Check out the noise that kicks up after playing a few keys around C-5.

• @rezidue said:
    That’s the one. @sinosoidal Check out the noise that kicks up after playing a few keys around C-5.

What version were you running? 2.0.0 or 2.0.1? Which patch? This is a bug. It seems some kind of delay. I need to investigate.

• @sinosoidal said:

@rezidue said:

What version were you running? 2.0.0 or 2.0.1? Which patch? This is a bug. It seems some kind of delay. I need to investigate.

2.0.1 Reese.

• Version 2.0.1 has been released today. It should probably fix a lot of the bugs that have been pointed out in the last 7 days.

• @sinosoidal said:
    Version 2.0.1 has been released today. It should probably fix a lot of the bugs that have been pointed out in the last 7 days.

I responded on the other thread but wanted others to see. It’s running perfectly now!

• Spent a bit of time with DRC Auv3 inside NS2 and I think this combination is heavenly. Im normally building simple but lovely analogue sounding sounds but recently Ive just been going through the presets. Loving it. @sinosoidal

I was dabbling for hours without problem, didnt get any unwanted screeches which is very important and its also soo efficient now, i.e. running x3 inside NS2 on my ancient iPad mini 2. Wow moment. If you havent taken this little beauty out for a spin recently maybe give it a try 👍️