Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Who wants to test DRC AUv3?

Comments

• I do have the earlier version on an old ipad, so I may be able to save my old presets. I hope so...

• I just happened to see this thread and wondered, Huh, when will DRC finally go AU. And lo and behold!
    But for the MANY who surely haven't been following this enormous thread — and to entice others who might not know there's an excellent new AU synth available — will someone start a simple thread?
    Yes, I will.

• I got my presets back! I needed to re-enter my profile settings - silly me. Hooray!

• On adding a second instance of DRC in AUM, all audio stops. Not just the other DRC.

• I’m still having issues with loud pops. More so now with stand alone and acid pong loaded. Saving a session in AUM does not save the preset being used and on the next load it reverts to default.

• Sounds like @tja is having a similar issue.

• edited January 2019

@rezidue said:
    I’m still having issues with loud pops. More so now with stand alone and acid pong loaded. Saving a session in AUM does not save the preset being used and on the next load it reverts to default.

@rezidue said:
    Sounds like @tja is having a similar issue.

No issues here as yet. Using same iPad with same iOS and same patch (Aspirate).

• @sinosoidal Thanks for the update! Haven't used this synth in a while, forgot how good it sounds. Will definitely be using it more as an AU. Thanks again. :)

• edited January 2019

@rezidue said:
    I’m still having issues with loud pops. More so now with stand alone and acid pong loaded. Saving a session in AUM does not save the preset being used and on the next load it reverts to default.

@sinosoidal
    I can confirm loud noise in stand-alone, though it seemed to go away after loading DRC in a host (NS2). I also changed settings and purchased an IAP so I don’t know if any of that factors in.

• @calardelasanta said:
    Atención!!....DRC version 2.0.0...no Abre...iPad Pro(1º generación) junto con iOS 9.3,5...mismo problema el año pasado...también ocurrió en Enero...después nuevo update...todo correcto.

Un mes difícil verdad?

all right now?

• @ALB said:
    I got my presets back! I needed to re-enter my profile settings - silly me. Hooray!

Great!

• @vitocorleone123 said:
    On adding a second instance of DRC in AUM, all audio stops. Not just the other DRC.

Is that replicable all the times? Do you have more than device? Are others having same issue?

• @rezidue said:

If possible, record a screen capture and send it to me via wetransfer.com

• @Beathoven said:

@rezidue said:

@rezidue said:
    Sounds like @tja is having a similar issue.

No issues here as yet. Using same iPad with same iOS and same patch (Aspirate).

There are issues that might depend on hardware and iOS version. We will not be able to solve every single issue. We will try to keep it as compatible as possible with the latest iOS version.

• @e121 said:
    @sinosoidal Thanks for the update! Haven't used this synth in a while, forgot how good it sounds. Will definitely be using it more as an AU. Thanks again. :)

Thanks for your feedback and support! :blush:

• @sinosoidal said:

@calardelasanta said:
    Atención!!....DRC version 2.0.0...no Abre...iPad Pro(1º generación) junto con iOS 9.3,5...mismo problema el año pasado...también ocurrió en Enero...después nuevo update...todo correcto.

Un mes difícil verdad?

all right now?

Hi sinosoidal,

Thanks for your reply;-),

Unfortunately .... There are no good results for me ... I try to download and perform a new installation of DRC 2.0.0 ... DO NOT open the application.

The configuration of my team is: iPad Pro 12.9 (1st generation).

Best regards!!!

• @calardelasanta said:

@sinosoidal said:

@calardelasanta said:

Un mes difícil verdad?

all right now?

Hi sinosoidal,

Unfortunately .... There are no good results for me ... I try to download and perform a new installation of DRC 2.0.0 ... DO NOT open the application.

Best regards!!!

What iOS version are you running?

• @sinosoidal said:

@calardelasanta said:

@sinosoidal said:

@calardelasanta said:

Un mes difícil verdad?

all right now?

Hi sinosoidal,

Best regards!!!

iOS 9.3.5

• Something > @calardelasanta said:

@sinosoidal said:

@calardelasanta said:

@sinosoidal said:

@calardelasanta said:

Un mes difícil verdad?

all right now?

Hi sinosoidal,

Best regards!!!

iOS 9.3.5

That explains everything. I don’t know what has failed but 2.0.0 is not supposed to work on 9.3 only from 10.3 onwards

• @sinosoidal said:
    Something > @calardelasanta said:

@sinosoidal said:

@calardelasanta said:

@sinosoidal said:

@calardelasanta said:

Un mes difícil verdad?

all right now?

Hi sinosoidal,

Best regards!!!

iOS 9.3.5

That explains everything. I don’t know what has failed but 2.0.0 is not supposed to work on 9.3 only from 10.3 onwards

The minimum requirements are incorrect in the information of iTuneStore .--- now I understand it ;-(

I think it will not be possible to go back ... but I still think it's a great application ... but today I have to lose a great friend.

Best regards ... and do not worry ... these are things that happen and you should be in favor of the advance in favor of the rest of users.

I just ... I accept it.

Again thank you and I wish you good luck in everything

• @calardelasanta said:
    The minimum requirements are incorrect in the information of iTuneStore .--- now I understand it ;-(

I think it will not be possible to go back ... but I still think it's a great application ... but today I have to lose a great friend.

Best regards ... and do not worry ... these are things that happen and you should be in favor of the advance in favor of the rest of users.

I just ... I accept it.

Sorry, I have screwed up. I have just realised that I set iOS 9 as minimum deployment target for the standalone app.

On the next release 2.0.1, I will put this right. I think you will have a way of getting the last compatible version again. Check the following article:

https://appleinsider.com/articles/18/02/08/how-to-download-old-versions-of-apps-from-the-app-store-on-an-older-iphone-or-ipad-that-cant-run-ios-11

You will need to wait until the next release though... Sorry once again! :/

• @sinosoidal said:

@calardelasanta said:

I just ... I accept it.

Sorry, I have screwed up. I have just realised that I set iOS 9 as minimum deployment target for the standalone app.

On the next release 2.0.1, I will put this right. I think you will have a way of getting the last compatible version again. Check the following article:

https://appleinsider.com/articles/18/02/08/how-to-download-old-versions-of-apps-from-the-app-store-on-an-older-iphone-or-ipad-that-cant-run-ios-11

You will need to wait until the next release though... Sorry once again! :/

Hi, I accept your apologies ... cordially ;-),
    Exactly ... to be able to reinstall the previous version ... the application must be in the iTuneStore for iOS 10 ... then my iOS 9.3.5 system rejects it and gives me the option to install a compatible version etc. .

It's up to you ... if there's a lot of trouble ... leave it like this ... and I'll wait for the next Update ... and everyone happy again ;-),

As I always like to say ... we move forward.

Regards!!

• @sinosoidal said:

@vitocorleone123 said:
    On adding a second instance of DRC in AUM, all audio stops. Not just the other DRC.

Is that replicable all the times? Do you have more than device? Are others having same issue?

I haven't been able to duplicate. The time it happened, the first instance of DRC also crashed (red lines in AUM). I'm on the latest iOS release version with an iPhone 8.

• @sinosoidal I took a capture of the audio burst: https://streamable.com/zhjxx

What’s interesting to me is that on my iPad speakers the sound cuts out after the first burst but the recording manages to capture audio without issue. I’ve also never heard the bursts run as long as they are recorded. When you see me start playing keys I’m not hearing anything until the second burst which gave me another loud pop.

I’m going to plug it into my Mac and see if I can debug it.

• I started taking a look and these stood out:

error 21:12:21.139127 -0600 kernel AppleMAX98723Amp: I2C register write to audio-speaker-cn-left failed (0x2400, 0x7): device error
    error 21:12:21.139216 -0600 kernel AppleMAX98723Amp: I2C register write to audio-speaker-cn-left failed (0x2500, 0x70): device error
    error 21:12:21.139544 -0600 kernel AppleMAX98723Amp: I2C register write to audio-speaker-cn-left failed (0x2500, 0x7): device error
    error 21:12:21.325151 -0600 DRC AVAudioSessionPortImpl.mm:56:ValidateRequiredFields: Unknown selected data source for Port Speaker (type: Speaker)

Trying to get a better collection of relevant logs.

• I threw a peak limiter on the track with DRC "Reece" in AUM. It seemed to keep it from popping, but when I switched out of AUM, my audio was gone. Could've been a fluke. Would be curious to hear what other people experience when peak limiting.

• @rezidue said:
    @sinosoidal I took a capture of the audio burst: https://streamable.com/zhjxx

What’s interesting to me is that on my iPad speakers the sound cuts out after the first burst but the recording manages to capture audio without issue. I’ve also never heard the bursts run as long as they are recorded. When you see me start playing keys I’m not hearing anything until the second burst which gave me another loud pop.

This is a very awkward issue. Yesterday I was able to experience it using it in non debug. I have insisted but I couldn't replicate it.

• @sinosoidal said:

@rezidue said:

This is a very awkward issue. Yesterday I was able to experience it using it in non debug. I have insisted but I couldn't replicate it.

Is there any chance it's related to sample rate? I see sample rate being set to 44kHz when I'm viewing console logs. I don't believe there is a way to toggled in the stand alone app. Maybe it would be good to test how it would run @48? I think I remember an old bug iOS bug that had issues like that when the Pro first came out (might have been 2nd gen). Also recall seeing something about the new pros only supporting 48.

• @rezidue said:

@sinosoidal said:

@rezidue said:

Is there any chance it's related to sample rate? I see sample rate being set to 44kHz when I'm viewing console logs. I don't believe there is a way to toggled in the stand alone app. Maybe it would be good to test how it would run @48? I think I remember an old bug iOS bug that had issues like that when the Pro first came out (might have been 2nd gen). Also recall seeing something about the new pros only supporting 48.

Who knows. What host are you using and how are you changing the sample rate? Please advise.