Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Who wants to test DRC AUv3?

Comments

• @sinosoidal said:

@Samu said:
    I've been on DRC beta for quite some time but I've only got an Air 2, iOS12.1 to test with...
    It's starting to feel quiet polished by now but man I need a faster iPad :D

@Samu, if there was a award for beta tester of all times, that award would be given to you! You ROCK! :blush:

In a better world, developer's would gift Samu some iPad's an iPhone for testing purposes. But in that better world developer's would be making good incomes.

I saw in the AudioKit founder's KeyNote on YouTube that the developer that donated the sample engine to AudioKit has been given a new iMac Mini which he really needed to stay current with Mac products.

Maybe we should do a Patreon or Kickstarter to get Samu a good testing lab for his contributions to the IOS App Market.

• Kinda makes me wish there was an option to give Cubasis a bigger buffer!

Cubasis has Ultra Low (32/64?), Low(64/128?) and Medium (128/256?) settings for 'Hardware Latency' which are on the lower side for CPU hungry synths such as DRC especially on slower devices...

I recall Cubasis had a 'Normal' option a while back but it's been missing since 2.6 update.

So I'm happy If I get to use one instance of DRC without crackles in Cubasis :D

• @McDtracy said:

In a better world, developer's would gift Samu some iPad's an iPhone for testing purposes. But in that better world developer's would be making good incomes.

That would be nice but guess I've been a 'Good Boy' this year so Santa might bring me a 64GB iPhone 8 so have at least one more device to play around with...

I'll keep the iPhone 5 as a back-up and a memory of being the last iPhone approved by Steve Jobs :D

• edited December 2018

One of the most common reported issues has been performance. I have just uploaded a new beta (build 91) with significant performance improvements. Please let me know if the performance has improved and the crackle has disappeared. Thank you all for your valuable feedback! :blush:

• Can confirm here on Air2 (12.1) CPU reduced by like 60%, on mini2 (11.4.1) it seems even better.

• @sinosoidal said:
    One of the most common reported issues has been performance. I have just uploaded a new beta (build 91) with significant performance improvements. Please let me know if the performance has improved and the crackle has disappeared. Thank you all for your valuable feedback! :blush:

Yes, this build is AWE+SOME :)

• edited December 2018

On Air2 @256 buffer 3rd instance crashes them all. Cpu when the first two runs is around 50-60%.
    Cpu spikes when opening/resizing UI.

On mini2 (11.4.1) in AUM the UI won't scale when switching to full screen view.

3rd instance muted AUM, after restart/restore it played all 3 fine (2poly, 1 mono) @256 buffer with Cpu around 50-60%. Couldn't load 4th :smile: but at least it didn't crash the rest of them.

• edited December 2018

This new build is much better performance wise!

A session with DRC and various Klevgrand AUv3 (kleverb, gotoeq and reamp) in AUM, that was previously hitting high percentages (over 100%) and crackling and cutting out is now running at less than 50% on an iPad mini 4 with the buffer at 512.

This is equivalent to the sort of performance I'm getting with Zeeon and synthmaster one.

Not been able to do a huge amount of testing as I move house in Friday, but the releases thus far have all been improvements.

• edited December 2018

deleted.

• I'm about to test again for a good while, but I have to ask, since the v2 reset my presets and unlocked content. Of course the beta unlocks for free, but will I have to purchase everything again once the final version comes out? I'd obviously prefer not to, but will gladly do so if necessary.

• I’m so looking forward to this app as an AU. One of the best sounding synth apps available :)

• edited December 2018

@oat_phipps said:
    I'm about to test again for a good while, but I have to ask, since the v2 reset my presets and unlocked content. Of course the beta unlocks for free, but will I have to purchase everything again once the final version comes out? I'd obviously prefer not to, but will gladly do so if necessary.

No, you will not need to purchase everything again when it comes out. It will restore purchases correctly. The beta versions aren't aware of real world purchases.

That was actually one of the questions we have asked ourselves many times. Should already existing supporters have to pay more to have the AUV3 version? The obvious answer was always: NO!

Of course, that will not pay the MANY months invested in making this possible but I think it is the most fair solution to everyone. There are long time supports here and we feel honoured with such support! :blush:

However, we believe that the price for Unlock Synth Engine should increase after this release. The current price for Unlock Synth Engine is $9.99.

How much do you think would be the most reasonable price for the Unlock Synth Engine when it is AUv3 ready? Would love to hear your feedback.

• @sinosoidal said:

@oat_phipps said:
    I'm about to test again for a good while, but I have to ask, since the v2 reset my presets and unlocked content. Of course the beta unlocks for free, but will I have to purchase everything again once the final version comes out? I'd obviously prefer not to, but will gladly do so if necessary.

No, you will not need to purchase everything again when it comes out. It will restore purchases correctly. The beta versions aren't aware of real world purchases.

That was actually one of the questions we have asked ourselves many times. Should already existing supporters have to pay more to have the AUV3 version? The obvious answer was always: NO!

Of course, that will not pay the MANY months invested in making this possible but I think it is the most fair solution to everyone. There are long time supports here and we feel honoured with such support! :blush:

However, we believe that the price for Unlock Synth Engine should increase after this release. The current price for Unlock Synth Engine is $9.99.

How much do you think would be the most reasonable price for the Unlock Synth Engine when it is AUv3 ready? Would love to hear your feedback.

To be fair, it’s kind of awkward for us that have the app to say what others should pay, but here’s my opinion anyway:

If we look at what’s been released on the market recently, we can see Aparillo. Now I paid £17.99 for that one and believe that’s a bargain.

DRC is the better sounding and more useful app imo. Obviously you have to gauge it on developer experience by what you charge vs sales of the app. DRC is at least worth the same as Aparillo imo. Maybe go for £14.99 to keep it in the bargain territory?

It’s hard to gauge on iOS as so many factors are involved.

• @sinosoidal said:

@oat_phipps said:

Well, I hate to hear that there will be no profit for your hard work, but I am very grateful for it, if that helps. Still, now I want to tell you to charge for an AU version (also very generous of you to give away DLYM-ridiculous quality effect, and very unique, for free).

My personal opinion on pricing, since you asked, would be $20. The only 'rivals' in quality for virtual analog on iOS are Zeeon ($10) and the two Moogs ($30 and $15). If it were my synth, I'd put it at $20. I figure only the major names, Moog and Korg, can get away with the $30 price point. But I'm also a firm believer in not selling your hard (and top-notch quality) work short and setting a price that shows confidence in your work. All that said, I'm just a consumer and have no data on how many copies of music apps are actually being sold, I'm just going with my gut.

• Higher price, less purchase. Low price, low income. Their must be somekind of nice bell shape graph somewhere showing what price point bring the most income.

• edited December 2018

As an existing user, I'd NOT want to spend more than $5 for AUv3. But I'd definitely spend $5 for AUv3 for DRC and not be surprised by having to pay something, even if small. Not sure how Apple would facilitate that other than doing it as an IAP. If it's sold as a separate app rather than an upgrade, then I'd wait until it was on sale and wouldn't pay full price - I have a lot of other apps, so even though I'm liking DRC (I'm pretty new to it), I can live without spending more money :)

@oat_phipps Don't forget Volt, too. I waited until Volt was on sale for $10 and felt that that was a good price. I was never willing to pay the full $20. But it does sound good.This is ignoring the KORG synths - that aren't AUv3, and the Moogs.

• Choosing (active) the Default-Preset, changing to another preset and returning back to the Default-Preset overwrites this (not everytime). Saving it as Init-Preset before helps, but saved presets (cloud and local) do not remain. Therefor, after restarting DRC the Default is Default again, but Init is gone.

• I would give it a bump in price between what it is 10.99 and @Fruitbat1919 suggestion of 14.99. Sounds fair to me

• I would keep it lower than moog. 12.99-14.99. Get some acknowledged sound designers onboard and offer additional banks. To my surprise preset banks are quite popular here, and considered must have when done by these experts. That way even existing customers can support the devs and sound designers.

• I would definitely pay 5 bucks for an AUV IAP for DRC (Holy aycronyms, Batman!). But I may be an outlier, as DRC is my favorite synth. I prefer it to Zeeon and the Moogs.

• iOS really needs a tip jar.

• Thanks for all your previous comments. It always important to hear others opinion. :blush:

I have just uploaded a new beta with an important fix to the sound engine. Fixed bug that was causing grain/crackles on effects sound.

I have been receiving feedback that the patch save/restore is not consistent, that preset saving to local bank is not working correctly. I will try to go through this reports in detail during the next week. Thanks for your feedback! :blush:

• i missed this thread wih all the ns2 and aparillo stuff going on. DRC is one of the best sounding VA synths on ios and i am so happy to see it getting auv3 treatment. it will see a renaissance just like sunrizer. well done @sinosoidal

• Yeah thanks for the updates Nuno, we’ve been conversing via email previously but this host patch save/recall issue is also still happening for me too with latest version across multiple instances. Performance has definitely improved though and seems a lot more efficient :)

@sinosoidal said:
    Thanks for all your previous comments. It always important to hear others opinion. :blush:

I have just uploaded a new beta with an important fix to the sound engine. Fixed bug that was causing grain/crackles on effects sound.

I have been receiving feedback that the patch save/restore is not consistent, that preset saving to local bank is not working correctly. I will try to go through this reports in detail during the next week. Thanks for your feedback! :blush:

• @Carnbot said:
    Yeah thanks for the updates Nuno, we’ve been conversing via email previously but this host patch save/recall issue is also still happening for me too with latest version across multiple instances. Performance has definitely improved though and seems a lot more efficient :)

Yeah, preset management is still 'spooky'.

One thing I mentioned to Nuno was that when using automation and selecting patches every selected patch gets a star added to it's name (indicating changed) and there is no easy to we to globally revert all the patch changes.

This gets pretty annoying after a while :)

• @Samu said:

@Carnbot said:
    Yeah thanks for the updates Nuno, we’ve been conversing via email previously but this host patch save/recall issue is also still happening for me too with latest version across multiple instances. Performance has definitely improved though and seems a lot more efficient :)

Yeah, preset management is still 'spooky'.

One thing I mentioned to Nuno was that when using automation and selecting patches every selected patch gets a star added to it's name (indicating changed) and there is no easy to we to globally revert all the patch changes.

This gets pretty annoying after a while :)

This week I will focus on preset management. Please share you preset management issues. If you have already shared with me by email please don't do it again. I'm in the process of going through them already! :blush:

• I still want easy sharing presets via dropbox etc. between iOS and mac/windows.

• edited December 2018

@Cib said:
    I still want easy sharing presets via dropbox etc. between iOS and mac/windows.

me too! :smiley:

I have a long list of nice to have unimplemented features. Unfortunately, the time and resources are not enough to have them implemented in a short period :disappointed:

• @sinosoidal I'm just getting into this synth (thanks @frond) but just wanted to say I'm glad you're chipping away at that long list. All the best for your development!

• @kinkujin said:
    @sinosoidal I'm just getting into this synth (thanks @frond) but just wanted to say I'm glad you're chipping away at that long list. All the best for your development!

Thanks for your support! :blush: