Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Q on Korg Electribe Wave and the outside world

How is Electribe Wave communicating with the outside iOS world? Does it integrate well in AB3 with tempo syncing, start and stop?

Comments

• Korg apps offering settings for LINK and accept external MID clock. AUM seems to work with ext clock set. I think AB works with either for transport control.

• @McDtracy said:
    Korg apps offering settings for LINK and accept external MID clock. AUM seems to work with ext clock set. I think AB works with either for transport control.

Not true for all Korg apps - but correct for KEW.

• @wim said:

@McDtracy said:
    Korg apps offering settings for LINK and accept external MID clock. AUM seems to work with ext clock set. I think AB works with either for transport control.

Gadget too. Maybe more Electribe?

• wimwim
    edited December 2018

@McDtracy said:

@wim said:

@McDtracy said:

Korg app compatibility with Link, etc. is all over the place. Sorry, I’m to lazy to list the characteristics of all the Korg apps I own.

However, iELECTRIBE does support Link (just tempo, not start/stop) and AudioBus and IAA. However as far as I can tell it doesn’t accept midi clock (I could be wrong on this one) and IAA sync/start/stop.

• edited December 2018

@wim said:

@McDtracy said:

@wim said:

@McDtracy said:

Korg app compatibility with Link, etc. is all over the place. Sorry, I’m to lazy to list the characteristics of all the Korg apps I own.

However, iELECTRIBE does support Link (just tempo, not start/stop) and AudioBus and IAA. However as far as I can tell it doesn’t accept midi clock (I could be wrong on this one) and IAA sync/start/stop.

Good clues:

Midi clock (core midi vs virtual vs IAA vs Bluetooth vs WiFi? Not sure)
    Link start/stop and tempo
    IAA start/stop
    AB start/stop

No wonder it’s hard to get many apps to start with one button start/stops. So much to learn but clues help focus the experiments.

• @McDtracy said:

@wim said:

@McDtracy said:

@wim said:

@McDtracy said:

Good clues:

Midi clock (core midi vs virtual vs IAA vs Bluetooth vs WiFi? Not sure)
    Link start/stop and tempo
    IAA start/stop
    AB start/stop

No wonder it’s hard to get many apps to start with one button start/stops. So much to learn but clues help focus the experiments.

Just make it AU and let the host do the work.