Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPad USB -> Novation Mono Station Midi Thru problem

I was wondering if anyone using an iPad with a Mono station could answer a quick question for me.

I am connecting the mono station via USB to an iPad. Does the monostation USB midi send midi information to the midi thru?

When I connect my Circuit to the Mono Station via the midi thru to try to send to Midi Ch.1 (circuit synth) it doesn’t seem to work. Is this because of the USB port not sending to
the Midi ports?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Comments

• edited December 2018

Midi does transverse on USB both ways.

Are u using aux cables for midi or usb only?

Just as it does to Ableton

Using amido Synth editor app?

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1293317/Novation-Circuit-Mono-Station.html?page=86

• Midi synth app

• Aware setting mode?

• edited December 2018

I heard back from novation and they told me that what I was experiencing was as designed. USB carries midi independently from the midi ports, so you can’t send midi to the midi thru port from USB.

“Thanks for getting in touch. Circuit Mono Station wasn't designed to be used with an iPad and hasn't been tested for compatibility in an iPad based setup. I'm afraid that the USB connection isn't able to function as a MIDI Thru. The USB connection does handle MIDI but is designed primarily to allow you to connect Circuit Mono Station to your computer so you can synchronise and record MIDI data to your DAW.”

Thanks for your ideas Rust(i)k.
    I have no problems when set up like in your image (direct USB connection). However, if I then connect Circuit to the Mono via the midi thru I can’t send midi notes or sync the Circuit.

However, I have had success connecting multiple devices all using USB to the iPad, so I should be able to work it out that way.

Thanks again.

• @DYMS said:
    I heard back from novation and they told me that what I was experiencing was as designedly. USB carries midi independently from the midi ports, so you can’t send midi to the midi thru port from USB.

“Thanks for getting in touch. Circuit Mono Station wasn't designed to be used with an iPad and hasn't been tested for compatibility in an iPad based setup. I'm afraid that the USB connection isn't able to function as a MIDI Thru. The USB connection does handle MIDI but is designed primarily to allow you to connect Circuit Mono Station to your computer so you can synchronise and record MIDI data to your DAW.”

Thanks for your ideas Rust(i)k.
    I have no problems when set up like in your image (direct USB connection). However, if I then connect Circuit to the Mono via the midi thru I can’t send midi notes or sync the Circuit.

However, I have had success connecting multiple devices all using USB to the iPad, so I should be able to work it out that way.

Thanks again.

Sure thing man.