Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Animoog & Nave AUv3 is comming? Is there any hope?

edited December 2018 in General App Discussion

Hi Audiobus Forum!

For me are Animoog and Waldorf Nave two of the best Synths for iOS. The only thing I miss is the AU Support for these two great Apps.

It is realy a shame that two big companies like Moog and Waldorf dont give their synths AU. And to Waldorf: Please give Nave Ableton Link! No one needs the Wist bullshit anymore!

What are you thinking...is there any hope that Waldorf and Moog will give the Synths an AU update in future?

Comments

• I’ve been wondering if someone can code an AUv3 app that loads 1 copy of an IAA App per platform. Clunky but maybe useful for these cases.

• Like an AC to DC converter or a gender bender or a serial-to-parallel converter or a 12v cigarette lighter to 110v.... so many examples of impedance mismatches getting kludged.

Kludge us.

• edited December 2018

I am not holding my breath.
    Moog Filtertron seems way easier to make AU, but it never happened.
    So maybe not as easy as it seems.
    Moog does AU for their 2 latest synth apps, so they know how to make it happen.
    But for some reason, it never happened with the old apps.

Nave seems like Samplr. Great app, but no more updates ( except maintenance, I would hope).

• I thought I remember somebody from moog said maybe a year or so ago that Animoog AU was coming in the future - might've been in a video from Namm possibly... anyone else have a memory of that?

• @McDtracy said:
    Like an AC to DC converter or a gender bender or a serial-to-parallel converter or a 12v cigarette lighter to 110v.... so many examples of impedance mismatches getting kludged.

Kludge us.

I wonder if Apple would approve it if it’s even possible? I’d guess they want IAA to just die so they can drop it from IOS at some point. That forces dev’s to stay current.

• @Halftone said:
    I thought I remember somebody from moog said maybe a year or so ago that Animoog AU was coming in the future - might've been in a video from Namm possibly... anyone else have a memory of that?

That would be awesome. Hope it happens.
    But now you’ve gone and spoiled it, and ruined my potential surprise! :D
    For now, I guess I will just keep using iPhone Animoog when I need an extra instance.
    But AU parameter automations would be amazing for Animoog.
    Hmmmm, maybe I should hold my breath for this one. :)

• @CracklePot said:
    Nave seems like Samplr. Great app, but no more updates ( except maintenance, I would hope

Theee months ago Nave got an update after 3 years, but no Link, no AU 😩😭

• @Halftone said:
    I thought I remember somebody from moog said maybe a year or so ago that Animoog AU was coming in the future - might've been in a video from Namm possibly... anyone else have a memory of that?

🤞🤞🤞

• as a long time Waldorf fan/user (including from back in the day when they were PPG) - they've always been a bit hit and miss on the development - my XTk still has crashes from time to time and bugs....

They're only small and focused on the Quantum right now so I wouldn't be holding my breath TBH - our best bet is if they decide that some of the Quantum code base would work nicely as an AU and they use the opportunity to make Nave AUv3 too.....

• Nave was made for Waldorf by guy who made NLog Synth. Then indid for them firmware for Quantum HW synth.. i guess there is not much chances to see any major (or any at all) update of Nave, Waldorf always in some point stops delivering updates on their products. At the end, they never fixed bugs in Blodeld

• @dendy said:
    Nave was made for Waldorf by guy who made NLog Synth. Then indid for them firmware for Quantum HW synth.. i guess there is not much chances to see any major (or any at all) update of Nave, Waldorf always in some point stops delivering updates on their products. At the end, they never fixed bugs in Blodeld

its really sad ☹️

• No surprise to me. Bigger companies need to justify what they do in some way, and charity typically isn't the answer.

So what are they thinking? Probably, is it worth it? Allocating the resources to make AU versions of these apps? If yes, I'd expect they'd be new purchases rather than just updates, and then there's the question of how many current owners of the apps would buy new AU versions? Unlike for many independent devs, iOS is one tiny piece of their pie. Economics drives it.

No reason a buyer shouldn't have gotten their money's worth out of these apps. They're not new, but still the powerful synths they've always been.

• Tell the developers! And yeah, an AU Animoog would be fantastic.

• edited December 2018

maybe we all can massivly send them request to do the update 😁😁🤪🤪

• Hey if you buy 5 iPad's you can have 5 instances of ani running at once!! Totally rational idea 😂

• I'm not counting on it tho, I'm not a big fan of ani tho so I didn't even know it wasn't an au 😂😂
    It was rad in its prime cuz it showed a new level that iOS could perform at, and it's still rad even tho the sounds are not my fav,... But there are so many other synths that compete with it and they seem To be focused on creating new ideas that they probably don't see working on ani more is the best use of their time and effort

• edited December 2018

I would personally rather see them release a new iOS synth like dfam or even something that isn't based so heavy off a hardware synth, and do something completely unique to iOS

• I would be willing to get IAP of AUv3 functionality for both synths.
    If someone put together a petition of names, I wonder how many names would be required to get either company interested? I also wonder if there was any market research on the rate of iOS app owners becoming hardware purchasers? I.e. someone who liked Moog apps well enough to get Moog hardware. Those kind of numbers are things that companies can use to plan strategies. I am sure the number is small.

I still buy hardware, if not always brand new hardware. I had never heard of Waldorf before I got Nave, but I can say that my love of Nave as got me interested in the Waldorf Quantum. Price tag is too steep for me at the moment and their reputation of not supporting released products makes me hesitate. Even if I had the cash I would wait a while to see how things work out with Quantum.

• @Slam_Cut : fwiw emails from individual purchasers sent to somewhere like Moog or Korg wherever has much more impact than petitions.

• In July 2016 i asked Waldorf if they had considered AUv3. The reply was literally “yes :-)” (Smily face included)

2 years later nada...

• Animoog2? Nave2? Id buy them again with auv3

• edited December 2018

I get the feeling that if Moog continues developing for iOS, then an Animoog 2 is definitely coming, and that would bring the AU. I can't see them just strictly recreating the original for AU when Animoog 2 would be a hugely popular thing and a new app for them to make money off of. After all these years, the original is probably still the flagship iOS synth.

The above is based only on my opinion of how they should run their business (and hope), but just imagine Animoog 2 dropping out of nowhere one morning with no warning like Model 15 and Model D.

• edited December 2018

@Lycaan said:

@dendy said:
    Nave was made for Waldorf by guy who made NLog Synth. Then indid for them firmware for Quantum HW synth.. i guess there is not much chances to see any major (or any at all) update of Nave, Waldorf always in some point stops delivering updates on their products. At the end, they never fixed bugs in Blodeld

its really sad ☹️

Rolf Wöhrmann wrote NLog Synth and was responsible for Nave being so polished out of gate with excellent sync and IAA connectivity. Rolf has no official credits for Waldorf Attack and it's always had issues.
    https://www.keyboardmag.com/artists/waldorf-and-rolf-whrmann-design-pioneering-new-ipad-synth

• @McDtracy said:
    I’ve been wondering if someone can code an AUv3 app that loads 1 copy of an IAA App per platform. Clunky but maybe useful for these cases.

Indeed, I used a VST adapter on desktop happily for years. Doubtless there are fundamental problems converting IAA to AUv3.

And there wouldn’t be much $ in it given it’s a niche within a niche market.

• @reasOne said:
    Hey if you buy 5 iPad's you can have 5 instances of ani running at once!! Totally rational idea 😂

Absurd, of course, but probably an order of magnitude or two cheaper than it would be for them to convert these older apps that probably use ancient (in iOS terms) APIs, etc.

I'd hazard to guess that there's a much better chance of seeing Animoog make the jump than Nave based on Moog's recent iOS AUv3 attention. Still wouldn't hold my breath. These folks have to keep the electricity on!

• I could be wrong but I thought the main reason it wasn’t happening before for Animoog was because of AUv3 ram restrictions. Now that Apple has lifted the restrictions then it’s more likely it’ll happen at some point. Although no news from Moog towers.

• Developer's never tell us what they are working on do they?

Well, sometimes... NanoStudio, Drambo. Usually the little guys. but never the Korg's,
    Propellerheads, FabFilters, Moogs or Steinbergs.

There's probably a good reason for not disclosing. Everything tends to be late... sometimes years late.

• edited December 2018

@philowerx said:
    Rolf Wöhrmann wrote NLog Synth and was responsible for Nave being so polished out of gate with excellent sync and IAA connectivity. Rolf has no official credits for Waldorf Attack and it's always had issues.
    https://www.keyboardmag.com/artists/waldorf-and-rolf-whrmann-design-pioneering-new-ipad-synth

Yeah, Rolf is great coder. At the end NLog was revolutionary synth when it was released - complex and great sounding. And if i good remember it was first synth supporting Audiobus !

If NAVE is abandoned, Waldorf should be blamed not Rolf. He did awesome job with Nave. Super stable, solid, one of best sounding synth to current date. I wisth have it as AUv3 (and NLog too !)

• edited December 2018

@McDtracy said:
    Developer's never tell us what they are working on do they?

NanoStudio

Actually Matt is telling a LOT of information about progress. He just don't tell nothing before he actually have something to tell. So no promises, report about finished stuff instead. If you look back for lasts 2 yers, always when he finished some part, he wrote some report about what is done on public forums ..

• @realdawei said:
    In July 2016 i asked Waldorf if they had considered AUv3. The reply was literally “yes :-)” (Smily face included)

2 years later nada...

🤨🤨