Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Best music interface

Hi, I'm looking for a great sound card for iphone. I am looking for something that will have great quality, I need for concerts. Do you recommend something? I think about apogee one. All best :)

Comments

• @Atakbabajag said:
    Hi, I'm looking for a great sound card for iphone. I am looking for something that will have great quality, I need for concerts. Do you recommend something? I think about apogee one. All best :)

Apogee is good. Probably the best sounding converters.
    Alternatively you can check out RME Babyface if channel count, and flexible routing matters.
    Heard about some stability issues with Apogee when iOS updates, never had any issues with my babyface, stable on PC/Mac/iOS.

• Apogee yes...anything clearer, must be beyond my hearing.

• I own an apogee quartet and i love it!

• Does it need input or just outputs? For output only the low power dragonfly DACs are pretty nice.

• I care about one microphone input, I care that somehow the output would be great.

• So Apogee is best, apparently.
    Good to know. B)

So, what about microphones? Is there a consensus on this link in the chain?
    Which mics do you guys prefer to use with your Apogee interfaces?

• @CracklePot said:
    So Apogee is best, apparently.
    Good to know. B)

So, what about microphones? Is there a consensus on this link in the chain?
    Which mics do you guys prefer to use with your Apogee interfaces?

Apogee is great but fairly expensive. Motu has the same conversion in their better stuff.
    I'm really happy with just the Steinberg UR series and have owned plenty of Apogee in the past.

Microphones, best you can afford. I use:

MD421
    MD441
    SM57/58
    EV635a
    Coles 4038
    Sony C38b
    Rode NT1

More than enough to record any instrument. I use the 441 for vocals.

• edited December 2018

@BroCoast that's a nice collection of mics, some space left to complete by an AKG D20, D224, D1000... if I may suggest o:)
    But dynamic/ribbon types are a challenge on most interfaces imho.
    No experience with Motu here, but I've had quite good ones with Audient - except for the fact that the configuration software/control panel isn't available in IOS.
    (they can be setup with a PC/Mac and then plugged to an iPad without power down)
    Out of the box they work for straight recording, though, but one looses latency free monitoring and they don't store the last configuration... a true pity.
    Preamp and monitor section are excellent.

• Mics is a big question. So much depends on what you will be recording and how accurately you want to capture, and what your standards are. There is a reason that recording studios invest in an array of mics. And, of course, you may want a decent preamp, too.

• I was close to going with RME Babyface Pro myself, It's an excellent interface and small/portable. Ended up going with Motu Ultralite MK4 instead, since it's slightly less expensive and has more I/O, with sound quality that's in the same ballpark.

Haven't regretted it for a moment -- works like a champ, w/ pristine sound, plus MOTU customer support is top notch. I ended up accidentally pulling my unit off the desk and obliterating the headphone jack & was prepared to pay to have it repaired, but MOTU had me send them the busted one in and immediately sent a replacement for free.

• @Atakbabajag said:

Are you playing concerts, or recording them?

• edited December 2018

Indeed, apogee is expensive. If I connect the lightning adapter to a USB, to this usb and connect akai MIDIMIX and zoom u-22 should it work?