Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Cool find, I recognise Sensual Sax but what are the other 2 instruments displayed in AUM ?

• Took the plunge, nice app, and the controls can be modulated however the app crashes when you try to modulate using Rozeta LFO etc!

• Also if you are reading this Blue Mangoo, you contact page is down on your site the Captcha is not working !

• edited December 2018

@Jumpercollins said:

Cool find, I recognise Sensual Sax but what are the other 2 instruments displayed in AUM ?

I think their own apps that haven't been released in the US store or worldwide for whatever reason. One's an ocarina I think. I stumbled upon it when searching for one once but alas.

Edit: Crystal Flute and Ocarina, released under Embertone Instruments (the sax guys). I wish they'd ported the ocarina instead of the freakin Shire Whistle.

• edited December 2018

I give this product a thumbs up. It's take on 'ping pong' via its 'matrix mixer' produces unique results. Also, love the decay time set in seconds (goes up to 10 seconds). Have always wanted a delay that does this. However, that also means there's no feedback knob so no >100% feedback swells. Lo and hi filters with easy to read cutoff freqs, bam. Really simple, sounds good. Only thing is it's synced to tempo (1/5 beat at the fastest all the way up to [sadly only] 2 beats, with triplet timing included in-between). A 'free' mode would really complete things. Also, there's a gap when switching delay intervals, it's not smooth and no warping effects occur.

That literally covers it. It's worth it if you have an extra $5 and enjoy consuming applications.

Edit: Oh, and you can turn the wet from off, the -19 up to +6 db, so the delay is capable of being more dominant than the input, But you can't get a 100% 'wet' output using it as an insert.

• @oat_phipps said:
    I give this product a thumbs up. It's take on 'ping pong' via its 'matrix mixer' produces unique results. Also, love the decay time set in seconds (goes up to 10 seconds). Have always wanted a delay that does this. Lo and hi filters with easy to read cutoff freqs, bam. Really simple, sounds good. Only thing is it's synced to tempo (1/5 beat at the fastest all the way up to [sadly only] 2 beats, with triplet timing included in-between). A 'free' mode would really complete things. Also, there's a gap when switching delay intervals, it's not smooth and no warping effects occur.

That literally covers it. It's worth it if you have an extra $5 and enjoy consuming applications.

Edit: Oh, and you can turn the wet from off, the -19 up to +6 db, so the delay is capable of being more dominant than the input, but I don't think there's a way to get a pure wet signal out.

+1

• @oat_phipps said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Cool find, I recognise Sensual Sax but what are the other 2 instruments displayed in AUM ?

I think their own apps that haven't been released in the US store or worldwide for whatever reason. One's an ocarina I think. I stumbled upon it when searching for one once but alas.

Edit: Crystal Flute and Ocarina, released under Embertone Instruments (the sax guys). I wish they'd ported the ocarina instead of the freakin Shire Whistle.

Thanks agree about the shire whistle not one that stands out !

• I apologize for my overview sounding like a 5th grade book report. 5 am no sleep yet

• @oat_phipps said:
    I give this product a thumbs up. It's take on 'ping pong' via its 'matrix mixer' produces unique results. Also, love the decay time set in seconds (goes up to 10 seconds). Have always wanted a delay that does this. However, that also means there's no feedback knob so no >100% feedback swells. Lo and hi filters with easy to read cutoff freqs, bam. Really simple, sounds good. Only thing is it's synced to tempo (1/5 beat at the fastest all the way up to [sadly only] 2 beats, with triplet timing included in-between). A 'free' mode would really complete things. Also, there's a gap when switching delay intervals, it's not smooth and no warping effects occur.

Edit: Oh, and you can turn the wet from off, the -19 up to +6 db, so the delay is capable of being more dominant than the input, But you can't get a 100% 'wet' output using it as an insert.

Check out Tap Delay by VirSyn. 10 seconds, EQ, 100%+ feedback and so much more n

• @oat_phipps said:
    I apologize for my overview sounding like a 5th grade book report. 5 am no sleep yet

Not at all, very salient etc.

• @anickt said:

@oat_phipps said:

Check out Tap Delay by VirSyn. 10 seconds, EQ, 100%+ feedback and so much more n

Yes it is very good, the only Virsyn app I keep on my device and actually use.

• I'm sticking to my guns on this app, it's a very nice AU alternative worth having alongside Dubstation, Kosmonaut, and the aforementioned Tap Delay. It brings something different to the table.

• The liner notes in the store are very (!) clear about the difference of this particular delay versus most other implementations - much appreciated.
    Since I'm still on IOS 9 it's out of bounds for me, otherwise I'd grab it to complete the fx palette.