Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg module – premium vintage organ discontinued – will it disappear?

I’m afraid that if I upgrade it will disappear. Does anyone else have that experience?

Comments

• Its gone. I already sent them a refund request. If not I’ll have the charge reversed at my bank. Sonething going on at Korg.

• edited December 2018

@jenkweb said:
    Its gone. I already sent them a refund request. If not I’ll have the charge reversed at my bank. Sonething going on at Korg.

I wouldn’t recommend this. You would be placing a chargeback against Apple, not Korg. Apple could ban your Apple account, resulting in you permanently losing access to all your purchases. Same deal with Valve, Microsoft, and Sony.

• @baconcow said:

@jenkweb said:
    Its gone. I already sent them a refund request. If not I’ll have the charge reversed at my bank. Sonething going on at Korg.

I wouldn’t recommend this. You would be placing a chargeback against Apple, not Korg. Apple could ban your Apple account for, resulting in you permanently losing access to all your purchases. Same deal with Valve, Microsoft, and Sony.

Eek. No thanks.

• If you've already purchased the IAP, there shouldn't be any problems restoring it in the future

• @davis_korgrd said:
    If you've already purchased the IAP, there shouldn't be any problems restoring it in the future

Really sorry, I made a mistake. I just talked to my boss who told me there are two issues.

1) Restore doesn't work - this is a bug. We're fixing it.

2) Premier vintage organ - we can't offer restoring this product. We'll have more information about this soon

• edited December 2018

Thanks for the update.

Too bad that this happens on the last day of the Korg sale. Was on the fence with respect to picking up Gadget, Module, and the Ivory IAP, for use my new MicroKey Air. It might be best to see how this is handled before buying into an IAP-heavy environment where support for the IAPs can potentially be dropped this easily.

• At least, don’t buy IAP involving 3rd part licenses. Glad I learned this before buying the REX gadget.

• @baconcow said:
    Thanks for the update.

Too bad that this happens on the last day of the Korg sale. Was on the fence with respect to picking up Gadget, Module, and the Ivory IAP, for use my new MicroKey Air. It might be best to see how this is handled before buying into an IAP-heavy environment where support for the IAPs can potentially be dropped this easily.

History suggests otherwise. Could be some kind of rare licensing issue. Korg makes hundreds of products, and I've used many for years without such problems, including hardware, iOS and Mac Gadget and almost all IAPs. There's always some risk with anything, but maybe more so on iOS where things are changing all the time. Korg makes some of the more solid products for iOS.

This isn't a sales pitch. Do whatever works for you, but I'm sure Korg isn't happy about this either. They warned that this IAP was being discontinued. We'll see what mistakes were made, but highly unlikely this will define such a longstanding successful company.

• @Shabudua said:
    At least, don’t buy IAP involving 3rd part licenses. Glad I learned this before buying the REX gadget.

Unfortunately, I would consider Stockholm to be the best in-app gadget overall!

• @davis_korgrd
    Is Stockholm at risk too?

• As an engineer, I doubt he'd have any real insight there. And the people that do wouldn't be open about it either. This is likely similar to when I subscribed to Dish (satellite TV provider) and would lose channels when negotiations fell through. I'd guess either Korg couldn't get a perpetual license or renewal costs weren't palatable.

Still pissed that they took my $10 five weeks before pulling it, but doing anything more than the occasional complaint in this thread is just wasted effort. If they extend some sort of credit to people who bought it I'll be happy, but I imagine that's probably challenging in the App Store ecosystem, short of giving something to everyone, which won't feel like amends.

• edited December 2018

See image attached...nuf sed

This is from the desktop version

• I'm getting my first Organ Transplant. I hope my body doesn't reject it.

• @DaveMagoo said:

Could have written that for the iOS version update as well, couldn‘t they?

• It is so irritating/frustrating/silly that while code may be complicated to write some simple explanation of what has happened/why/and what's next takes no time but goes such a long way to saving/solving etc etc. 101, people. Sigh.

• @DaveMagoo said:

Cool. That's the next best thing they can do.

• Just want to share the official press release in case anyone missed it :

https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/articles/360020227252

the TL; DR is: we stopped selling the Premier Vintage Organ expansion library and we'll be offering a replacement as soon as possible

• How do people like the new “Organ and Clav Collection” that replaces the previous “Premium Vintage Organ” IAP?

Trying to decide if I will upgrade.

• It's about 2.5 times better than the old in bang for the buck. All the old sounds seem covered and improved in quality and many new sounds added. Real pipe organs, Vox, Farfisa, pump and toy organs (42 in all) and 10 Clav's to sweeten the deal. They want to insure satisfaction here to smooth the ruffled feathers.

• @McDtracy said:
    It's about 2.5 times better than the old in bang for the buck. All the old sounds seem covered and improved in quality and many new sounds added. Real pipe organs, Vox, Farfisa, pump and toy organs (42 in all) and 10 Clav's to sweeten the deal. They want to insure satisfaction here to smooth the ruffled feathers.

Great news, thanks!