Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

weird things happen after changing to ipad headphones out

2»

Comments

• Hey, I think you've cracked it! seems to be working pretty reliably for me now. Thanks for all the work!

• Just one thing.... in my haste to get back to usig AB3 I missed one thing. Maybe it's coincidental?, but it's NEVER happened before. Korg Gadget opened up a semitione and a half flat. This suggests a clock error of some kind between 44.1 and 48 khz sample rates. I closed everything, tried Gadget as a standalone and it was fine. Reopened in AB session (see attached pic) and this time there was no audio from Gadget...but if I removed the AUs from the strip it produced audio at the correct pitch.

• Bugger! Can you reproduce it at all? If so: does it happen with the previous version? (or whatever you have access to on TestFlight!)

I'll grab a copy of Gadget soon so I can investigate it myself.

• This has in some strange way gone full circle to my first post in this thread. I can reproduce the issue by removing the lightning/usb adapter to my sound card then reconnecting it. Open up the AB session and Gadget (and possibly other synths...it happened the same with Galileo organ) play a semitone and a half flat. But if you reload the session again -without disconnecting the sound card - then all works fine. So it's not a major thing. I'll try it with older versions.

• So I tried the same (see earlier photo) session in 3.1.4 .(59) and the problem was not there. Tried it with 3.2.7 (84) and the problem WAS there.... just before the audio cut out!

• Tried it with 3.2.6 (80) and problem was not there (again, just before audio cut out) And tried it with 3.3.7 (83) and the problem was not there --before audio cut out) So, maybe something that you did in 3.2.7 (84) ! God!, I'm such a genius. Anyroad, I'm happy with 3.2.7 (85) cheers

• Damn you're good! Yep, that's narrowed it down enough that I know where to look - will have this fixed in a moment. Thank you! You should be on payroll ;-)

• Hi. Midi learn looks good. But apps are still opening at wrong clock speed as before which means that one has to open AB then close and reopen before using.

• Hey - ah yes, sorry, I forgot to update you: looks like this is more involved than I thought (I can't actually reproduce the issue you're having on your end, but I can reproduce other weird sample rate stuff on an iPhone 6s), and I haven't been able to get to the bottom of it in the time I've had available (as I'm trying to get MIDI learn out within the next week). Will solve this very soon, but after I've met this deadline.

• Hi Michael...it is quite a problem. If you have a set up with one app going direct to system audio then that saves and reopens after lightning plug removal/replace at the correct pitch. But a set up with an app going into, say, Loopy will open at lower pitch after plug removal/replace. I am suprised no one else has mentioned it. Good luck with the midi learn.

• edited December 2018

That is a problem indeed! I've just made a tweak in the next AB 3.3 build (92); if you're testing it, would you mind taking a look? I've just reverted something I did in the version that seems to be causing problems. Might be enough, for now, until I can look at it a bit more in a week.

• Version 3.3 (96) seems to have cleared up the problem...synths connected to Loopy or GTL etc appear to be connected and work at correct pitch! great!. So, after a hardware disconnection and reconnection these set ups work , but still generally in mono...but if one then force quits AB3 and all apps BUT does not disconnect the lightning plug...then AB reopens in stereo...maybe there is some link there in the area you made the tweaks to the old mono issue. It would be great to have AB open every time with everything in stereo!...anyroad....nice one, and have a good holiday.