Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Another video about iPad 2018 as music production tool

Maybe someone is interested into another performance view. It seems BeatMaker3 get another love here.

Comments

• edited November 2018

Comparison

• The 2018 iPad has models starting at $329. Apple did this to fight off Microsoft and Google in the lucrative education market.

It's the iPad model that you can get the "educational discount" on. I got the 128GB model for $429 up from 32GB base model.
    I filled up the 128GB really fast and I knew I would from my iPhone having 64GB and getting full with the big Piano and Orchestra sample products. If you use iCloud or another file backup I'm sure most could manage to live with 32GB and move samples into and out of the cloud ans maybe get by with a $329 buy in for a very fast iPad that also accepts the $100 (v1) Apple Pencil (and maybe a cheaper Logitek product as I recall).

I love the 2018 iPad (with 2GB RAM) and used the money saved on Apps. Of course, I'd love to have a 1TB iPad Pro with better speakers and 6GB of RAM but $2000 vs $329? What's in your Apple Wallet?

• Sounds like you got a great deal @McDtracy . I ordered the new Pro 12" 1TB a few days ago. I've had the money saved for 3 years - waiting for NS2. Yes, it was a stupid amount of money, and I probably should have gotten a model more like what you got, but I had the cash so... I'm all in now. I hope the USB-C won't cause too many headaches.

• I bought the IPad 6th Gen 128GB as well on BF. Thinking about picking up a pencil this weekend.

• I too got the 6th gen 2018 128g model.
    Very happy so far!