Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Blocs Wave Pro tips needed

Any Blocs wave pros out there ? I’m having problems getting blocs wave to load and stay active as an output in Audiobus. I’ve tried both starting the app first and also starting Audibus first. Nothing seems to work consistently. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• As in, the audio and playback just stops working? I think it's a bug :( I've noticed this doesn't happen with launchpad, but I can get it to happen pretty consistently with Blocs. This even happens just running in the background using Link! So, I would run Auxy or something else with Blocs using link, and as soon as I start exporting loops and samples to use in Auxy the playback just doesn't work, force quit app, bring it back, it's cool for a bit.

What a monumental pain in the ass. TLDR, I don't think it's anything you're doing wrong....

• It’s a recognized but still unsolved bug... @AmpifyxNovation could you jump into this and bring some news?

• I have it working great and it stays loaded and all. I’m using latest IOS on iPhone SE.

@mlondon said:
    Any Blocs wave pros out there ? I’m having problems getting blocs wave to load and stay active as an output in Audiobus. I’ve tried both starting the app first and also starting Audibus first. Nothing seems to work consistently. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Just tested an export to launchpad and worked. I’m using latest AB3 beta so that might be making everything better.

• edited December 2018

Hey, just a reminder in case you haven’t noticed. All the Ampify packs and add on features are all still 50% off. I didn’t have the EQ IAP, so I picked that up. It’s pretty basic but I like being able to easily tweak EQ on each sample loop as well as slicing them up.

Also, I was resistant to buying their packs initially because it felt like I was just tweaking someone else’s art. But, I’ve changed my mind on that. All the packs sound well produced to me. There’s a lot of variety and they often mesh well together. I’ve mostly been getting the launchpad packs since those work in both launchpad and blocswave. Been mostly getting the less trendy, less dancey stuff so that maybe I’ll get more use before they start to sound dated.
    It’s cool to just whip up a few samples in blocswave, slice them up until you get something a little more original going... then feed that into apeMatrix or AUM to add more fx and goodies.

So, if you’re looking for budget appahollic fixes the packs are only $1 each on sale. Instant gratification, useful, and nicely produced IMO.

Also... anyone here who've purchased a bunch of both the Launchpad and Blocswave packs... I think I have almost all the ones I want, but prefer less dancy, less EDM, and packs with more unique sound designy, organic, or analogue sounding. Kinda cinematic and/or ambient, but they've labeled loads of their packs with "cinematic" and "ambient" for stuff that's really just lower bpm trance/dance/edm stuff.

Are there any launchpad and/or blocswave packs you've found particularly useful for possible soundtrack use that doesn't call out too much attention to itself, and more subtle? They were doing a few that were strings and interesting Indian stuff for a short while, but it looks like they've focussed more on the EDM packs lately.

• The recent packs are kinda cookie cutter, yeah. I’m on board with you, the more niche, weird glitchy / ambient etc stuff is golden. And you’re right, especially in Blocs using auto you get some cool stuff going you wouldn’t have thought to mix and match.

I’ve pretty much got all the packs I care about now but there’s still a couple weeks left in Dec so we’ll see what they churn out :)

• The EQ looks pretty simple, maybe even a little silly.
    But it sure does help a lot to get a better balance between all the loops you are using.

• edited December 2018

Blocswave stopping playback bug has just been fixed, check for last update. Works perfectly well now on iPhone 7 Plus. Blocswave/Audiobus is still a super useful apps combo to create your sound material stems.

• No help on that issue, but I do wonder how GREAT blocswave would be if it could do the actual hosting.....would be very ableton-ish.

• Just saw that update - stoked. That was my biggest pet peeve with the app