Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

KORG Module updated - PREMIER Vintage Organ has been discontinued?

I accidentally updated KORG Module before reading the update notice. Wasn’t the PREMIER Vintage Organ a paid IAP? Does this mean it’s been removed from the presets?

Comments

• Wait, say I get an iPhone XR next year. Does this mean I won't be able to restore it when I install Module on it?!

@davis_korgrd

• Updated.
    I have PREMIER in the shop, "restore" button is active.
    I think, discontinued means you cannot buy it now.

• @SashaPonkratov said:
    Updated.
    I have PREMIER in the shop, "restore" button is active.
    I think, discontinued means you cannot buy it now.

If that's the case, kind of a shame, but at least those of us who purchased it are lucky to continue using it.

• This just makes me speculate even more :D

What if of the reasons to remove the organ is a sign of Korg actually porting the 'Organ Engine' from the Kronos to iOS?

Or maybe it had something to do with covering the licensing fees since it was a licensed sound pack?
    (Ie. the sales of the IAPs didn't cover the licensing fees so it was 'cheaper' to remove/discontinue it).

I due time I guess we'll get the correct answer...

• Great news! My Korg collection is no longer incomplete!

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    Great news! My Korg collection is no longer incomplete!

:D

I miss a few of them too but none that are specially interesting to me...

• edited November 2018

So I decided to do a test. Since I barely use Gadget on my iPhone, I decided to delete Module and reinstall it, and I confirmed my worst fear. Not only does Premiere Vintage Organ show up as "discontinued" in the IAP store, THERE IS NO WAY TO RESTORE THE PURCHASE IF YOU PREVIOUSLY PURCHASED IT, thereby ripping off people such as myself who still have projects that use those patches and may be considering upgrading to a new device. Luckily I didn't upgrade Module on my iPad.

So, does this mean Korg's going to discontinue other packs in Module just willy nilly, not even giving two shits about the musicians that paid for and use their products? How can any of us trust Korg now? I for one will not spend another cent on a Korg product until this is rectified.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    So I decided to do a test. Since I barely use Gadget on my iPhone, I decided to delete Module and reinstall it, and I confirmed my worst fear. Not only does Premiere Vintage Organ show up as "discontinued" in the IAP store, THERE IS NO WAY TO RESTORE THE PURCHASE IF YOU PREVIOUSLY PURCHASED IT, thereby ripping off people such as myself who still have projects that use those patches and may be considering upgrading to a new device. Luckily I didn't upgrade Module on my iPad.

So, does this mean Korg's going to discontinue other packs in Module just willy nilly, not even giving two shits about the musicians that paid for and use their products? How can any of us trust Korg now? I for one will not spend another cent on a Korg product until this is rectified.

Doesn't sound good.....And due to Apples T&C's no refunds either I would guess.

• So now the Vintage Organ is extra Vintage, sweet man.

Korg seems to be up to some things lately, Mac gadget version has been unavailable for so long now it’s got me wondering more. Hopefully a big update real soon.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Doesn't sound good.....And due to Apples T&C's no refunds either I would guess.

I'm not even asking for a refund. I've wasted more money on stuff I don't use to be quite frank. However, since Premiere Vintage Organ WAS something that I used, I am livid. I rely on Gadget for music creation. At least I didn't upgrade Module on my iPad.

Right, so a lot of you here know that I'm a major Korg enthusiast (fan boy)...or rather was. I understand when a developer loses interest in updating an app entirely, which is a type of obsolescence, because they aren't being paid enough to continue supporting/developing said app. However, I don't understand WHY discontinue a sound pack people rely on, which is a FORCED obsolescence that makes no damn sense. Discontinuing sales of it is one thing, but removing it entirely? I don't understand.

What I do understand is, after investing hundreds of dollars into Gadget, Gadget's IAPs, Gadget-compatible synths and every last one of those goddamned IAPs, I won't be investing anymore of my hard-earned money. Korg is untrustworthy! What next, the KaPRO IAPs will be discontinued, the source of my orchestral sounds? Or maybe they'll discontinue their original Ivory Grand pack I paid $29.99 for? :rage:

So, no, I will not be purchasing Otorii and Ebina once they are released. I will not be purchasing anything else Gadget-related either.

• edited November 2018

What’s the relationship between Korg and Premiere Sound Factory? And indeed betweenKorg and Syntology and KA pro?

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    However, I don't understand WHY discontinue a sound pack people rely on, which is a FORCED obsolescence that makes no damn sense. Discontinuing sales of it is one thing, but removing it entirely? I don't understand.

It's very likely to be a licensing issue, probably because the 3rd party (Premier) are pulling out from their agreement with Korg, which would mean that Korg no longer have the right to resell the IAP.

• are we gonna get stung on the Propellerhead gadget as well sometime?

• @richardyot said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    However, I don't understand WHY discontinue a sound pack people rely on, which is a FORCED obsolescence that makes no damn sense. Discontinuing sales of it is one thing, but removing it entirely? I don't understand.

It's very likely to be a licensing issue, probably because the 3rd party (Premier) are pulling out from their agreement with Korg, which would mean that Korg no longer have the right to resell the IAP.

If this is the case, then Premiere will be my next stop. Thanks for offering a reasonable explanation mate.

• @jwmmakerofmusic: have you been in touch with Korg support?

• razraz
    edited November 2018

This is why I don't buy apps or IAPs any more. I don't care if LogicAbletonFruityCubase launches tomorrow for 4.99, iOS apps (mobile apps) are completely unreliable.

Here today, gone tomorrow. Or from paid to IAPs, or with scrambled IAPs, or with ads or not updated for iOS version N.

Wasted so much money on (cr)apps already. I will just use gadget until they remove all the gadgets 😀

• edited November 2018

When Roland pulled the plug on their UAD products, Space Echo, Dimension D, etc., Universal Audio had to discontinue them for a while, alarming customers. Fortunately, after a few months, they were reintroduced, same product but renamed and revamped to remove any Roland branding. Let’s hope that Korg have something similar in the works. UA, however, did not burn existing users in the interrim. So, even if Korg does bring a rebranded Premier Organ back, they already have a strike against them. :/

• edited November 2018

@espiegel123 said:
    @jwmmakerofmusic: have you been in touch with Korg support?

That'll be my next step. First step was to express my disdain here, lol. Second step was to ask Matt at the Nanostudio 2 forums if he'd ever discontinue any of his IAPs (given that NS2 will be what replaces Gadget as my main music creation environment, now more than ever before). Third step was to put Korg on blast on the iPad Musicians group on Facebook. (The response to Korg's arbitrary decision to discontinue the pack was definitely less than favourable.) And now that I have a lot of my pissed off feelings out of my system and have a more level head, now it is time to visit their support forums.

(Seriously though, not much really gets to me these days, but this has really gotten under my skin. As a betatester of various products, I felt it my duty to "take the plunge" and test what "discontinuation" meant, if for nothing else but to alert others.)

• I wonder if this is why they've pulled the Mac version from the store @Samu

• I think you don't get it... this is the nature of the mobile (app) beast. Any app can be removed at any time at the discretion of several actors.

Matt can promise whatever, but if Apple gets upset with him they will no longer accept updates. Done and gone.

There was also a minor scandal a while back when it turned out that Apple can simply remove any and all of your purchased movies without a refund, if the rights owner demands it.

And Apple can apparently ban accounts if they e.g. make too many refunds.

If it ain't hardware, consider it more of a rental than a purchase.

• Lovely. I just paid $10 for that back in October but now can’t restore it on my new iPad.

• @MonzoPro said:
    I wonder if this is why they've pulled the Mac version from the store @Samu

Could be but I do not know if the Mac version includes all Module IAPs?
    If it does it could indeed be a licensing issue...

• @Liquidmantis said:
    Lovely. I just paid $10 for that back in October but now can’t restore it on my new iPad.

If it was only a month ago, you might be eligible for a refund mate.

• I heard if you look into a mirror and say Grok 3 times a gadget will be removed.

• edited November 2018

Here is the latest update. I contacted Apple to let them know what's happening. I purchased Premiere Vintage Organ on 11-25-17. That said, they actually offered me 10 iTunes song credits as a refund since my purchase was more than 30 days ago, and so of course I accepted that. They have also made note of this issue. Not sure if any further actions will be taken by Apple against Korg, but we shall see what perculates.

• Back up your iPads, iPhones frequently to always have a potential method to restore the IAP's to a know state.

Can you select a specific update to restore and keep one around for a few years? Getting better at App versioning seems to be required. Lately I've just ben assuming I can always get a basic restore form Apple and have the option of keeping data on App delete but this event indicates using backups give you more control. At least for Module/Gadget at this time.

Anyone ahead of the game on backing up/restoring apps? Can you provide details so we don't have to try things and loose the Vintage Organs to test.

• edited November 2018

I backed up my existing iPad and restored to my new one. I know the BM3 IAPs were installed after the restore but none of the Module ones are.

Actually I can’t restore any Module IAPs. I just get an error “failed to connect to iTunes Store.”

• wimwim
    edited November 2018

I know for sure that when you restore an iOS backup, you get the latest OS version regardless of what version you backed up on, with no choice on the matter.

I believe this is true for apps as well. I think they are re-downloaded from the App Store. Which means you’re screwed if something is no longer available unless you have backed up the apps in other ways (that I don’t know how to do but others do).

Backup does not mean the same thing to Apple as it always has to me. To wit, that a restore gets you back to exactly where the device was when it was backed up. I learned that the hard way with my iPad 2, which is just about useless after it was upgraded to the latest iOS available for it but worked great before that.