Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What about NI (Native Instruments) apps?

edited November 2018 in Other

Anyone knows if they will be developed in the future? Any news about updates? Any leaks? email answers from them?
I would eat today even some rumors ;)

Comments

• Native Instruments?

• @aaronpc said:
    Native Instruments?

Yes, I edited the title to be understandable :)

• I would love for Native Instruments to port some of their offerings to iOS AUv3! I was just thinking how amazing it would be to have Una Corda (and some of their other pianos like The Giant and Alicia Keys) on iOS!

• They abandoned they iMaschine2 app only releasing paid soundpacks. I really like the app (and I have Maschine MK3 with Maschine desktop) but they don't add new features which make it look ridiculously weak comparing to other apps like BM3. And even iMPCpro is far ahead... That makes me sad - they have so much stuff they could port to iOS but they keep ignoring the platform.

• I think they're more focused on supporting their own hardware. The UI for products such as Flesh, Form and Rounds look like they'd port perfectly to IOS though.

• Some plug-ins from them like Replika XT (my most favorite delay ever) offer even a touchscreen mode.
    So if i could choose i first would want Replika XT for iOS as well.
    Kontakt would be great but i doubt iPads could handle it yet (more a RAM issue).
    Massive X (coming in February) for iOS? Why not?

• They should make some updates sooner or later due the latest S2mk3 has “iOS port” label under usb connector but IDK if actual Traktor dj app support the new hardware yet...
    iMaschine and Mk3 is different... they made Maschine Mk3 audio class compliant but midi side is HID so it will require a dedicated software (app) to make it working... so maybe but not probably neither.

• iMaschine was a BRILLIANT app. It was my entry into iOS music making, and I created a TON of beats with it. Even made an album with a friend out of the best of them.

iMashine 2 was a huge upgrade, and was still fantastic.

Until I tried to get the beats OUT of iMaschine (or iMaschine 2).

The fact that there was no realistic way to get the MIDI info out of Maschine and into ANYTHING else was the deal killer for me. I exported files to Maschine on my PC only to find out I didn't have the right version of Maschine. When I got the right version, I could only export MIDI files one part at at time, and it didn't capture any velocity info.

So yeah - an absolutely brilliant set of apps killed off by NI's insistence on being a sandbox. So much potential wasted.

The day I finally deleted iMaschine 2 and all the soundpacks was a sad day.

No more NI for me after that. Too bad too - they have good products.

• awww man. i bought form for my desktop during black Friday sales. Man if you have samples you want to manipulate. this is the tool! On the face it is a simple concept and quick workflow, but you can go deep into this thing, and get some sounds that could never be played on anything else. it is it’s own instrument. i highly recommend , and would love to have this on an ipad. > @MonzoPro said:

I think they're more focused on supporting their own hardware. The UI for products such as Flesh, Form and Rounds look like they'd port perfectly to IOS though.

• They should bring Kontakt. Now that would be a, ahem, game changer.

• @eross said:
    awww man. i bought form for my desktop during black Friday sales. Man if you have samples you want to manipulate. this is the tool! On the face it is a simple concept and quick workflow, but you can go deep into this thing, and get some sounds that could never be played on anything else. it is it’s own instrument. i highly recommend , and would love to have this on an ipad. > @MonzoPro said:

I think they're more focused on supporting their own hardware. The UI for products such as Flesh, Form and Rounds look like they'd port perfectly to IOS though.

I’ve got Form as part of my Komplete package, absolutely brilliant. Haven’t used it for a while, I’ll have to dig it out tomorrow.

• It seems they closed the box to pull the samples out of im2. I used to pull the sound packs out and use them every where but now I can’t do that and I got a couple packs they I wasn’t able to get out. Im2 is so nice I wish they would update it. Add a better sampler more piano roll options and it would be great for me.

• The idea of NI on IOS does not excite me at all.
    The only thing I would love is a NI IOS control surface to interact with Reaktor and Kontakt.

I'm really happy with all of my NI stuff - MaschineMKIII, Kontakt, Reaktor, 3rd party Kontakt libraries etc.
    Solid workflow, never crashes, able to access 64g of ram (try that on IOS!)

I'm no fanboy either - I just like to invest in software (and hardware) that inspires me to make great work :)

• I asked them if they could offer a rent-to-own subscription option for their Komplete 12 as $1199 is too much out of pocket. I became frustrated with their "support page" given how convoluted it was and searched the website for any kind of email to send my request to. I found their workplace email address and figured it was a good start. I received a pretty damn rude reply, and so I'm done spending money on them. Cancelled my sounds.com subscription.

That said, I highly doubt any of us could convince them to care more for their iOS products/release new iOS products. I assume BM3 will take care of any iMaschine needs, and Nanostudio 2's Obsidian synth will take care of most synthesis needs with basic subtractive synthesis, FM, sampling/resampling capabilities, etc. We even have Sunvox for our modular environment, and if that was ever given the AU treatment, paradigm shift completed.

• @theconnactic said:
    They should bring Kontakt. Now that would be a, ahem, game changer.

Synths - yes, but sampler? It would be very very too much for our ipads :)

• edited November 2018

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I asked them if they could offer a rent-to-own subscription option for their Komplete 12 as $1199 is too much out of pocket. I became frustrated with their "support page" given how convoluted it was and searched the website for any kind of email to send my request to. I found their workplace email address and figured it was a good start. I received a pretty damn rude reply, and so I'm done spending money on them. Cancelled my sounds.com subscription.

Komplete 12, the Standard Edition is only £479 full price - and you can save money by upgrading. ‘Ultimate’ is £959, but you get so much with the Standard version you’d be hard pressed to really need it. When you work out what you’re paying per product, it’s as cheap as buying apps.

I got Komplete 11 Standard via an upgrade during one of their sales for £149 last year.

I hear a lot of complaints about NI, but personally I can’t fault them, and they really look after existing customers with upgrade and crossgrade deals.

• edited November 2018

@MonzoPro said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I asked them if they could offer a rent-to-own subscription option for their Komplete 12 as $1199 is too much out of pocket. I became frustrated with their "support page" given how convoluted it was and searched the website for any kind of email to send my request to. I found their workplace email address and figured it was a good start. I received a pretty damn rude reply, and so I'm done spending money on them. Cancelled my sounds.com subscription.

Komplete 12, the Standard Edition is only £479 full price - and you can save money by upgrading. ‘Ultimate’ is £959, but you get so much with the Standard version you’d be hard pressed to really need it. When you work out what you’re paying per product, it’s as cheap as buying apps.

I got Komplete 11 Standard via an upgrade during one of their sales for £149 last year.

I hear a lot of complaints about NI, but personally I can’t fault them, and they really look after existing customers with upgrade and crossgrade deals.

Does Komplete 12 Standard have Absynth, FM8, Massive, Battery, Reaktor, etc?

• edited November 2018

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@MonzoPro said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Yep, and a ton of other stuff too:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/bundles/komplete-12/included-products/

13 synths, 20 sampled instruments, 5 drums/percussion instruments, 15 effects and 10 expansions. That’s just over £7 per product - so £7.50 for Absynth for example.

Plus bear in mind you get a whole load of ensembles with Reaktor, and there’s thousands more for free on the community page - some very, very good.

And that’s at full price - they have regular sales, and I could update mine for just £159.

• @MonzoPro said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@MonzoPro said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/bundles/komplete-12/included-products/

13 synths, 20 sampled instruments, 5 drums/percussion instruments, 15 effects and 10 expansions. That’s just over £7 per product - so £7.50 for Absynth for example.

Plus bear in mind you get a whole load of ensembles with Reaktor, and there’s thousands more for free on the community page - some very, very good.

And that’s at full price - they have regular sales, and I could update mine for just £159.

Not bad. If I ever return to PC production, I may consider this.

• edited November 2018

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@MonzoPro said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@MonzoPro said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Not bad. If I ever return to PC production, I may consider this.

I use Maschine as a DAW with Reason (plus iPad) so it fits my workflow. I just like the fact they allow existing customers to update/upgrade for such good prices. I upgraded from the free version of Komplete that came with my 8 year old Mikro controller, and amazingly not only was it only £149 to get the latest full version, but my ancient hardware was still supported. That’s proper customer loyalty stuff right there.

In contrast my Edirol keyboard controller software was abandoned the year after I bought it.

• You can “rent to own” Komplete through something like a Sweetwater card (which is the bane of my budget). Like a lot of expensive audio apps the initial buy-in is the really painful part. Upgrades are much more reasonable.

• $199 very well spent if you have a Mac or a Windows computer. I did spend $199 on Logic Pro X and I started buying Plug-ins...

So, I switched to IOS so I can regularly get another fix for under $10.

I think IOS is methadone for my addiction. I can maintain some semblance of a manageable life with IOS prices.

NI Kontakt or Komplete would just be a gateway drug leading to my ruin.

"Hey kid... free samples." Just say no.

• @TheDubbyLabby said:
    They should make some updates sooner or later due the latest S2mk3 has “iOS port” label under usb connector but IDK if actual Traktor dj app support the new hardware yet...
    iMaschine and Mk3 is different... they made Maschine Mk3 audio class compliant but midi side is HID so it will require a dedicated software (app) to make it working... so maybe but not probably neither.

I thought thr IOS port was for using an iPhone to sync to itunes or something ?

They cant port their hardware to IOS because it needs a driver and Apple doesn't allow 3rd party drivers, that is the official NI line, truth is actually they do not want to port it, Apple allows software to carry its own drivers for hardware on IOS, it is just more of the never ending back and forth you have to live with as an NI customer (They like to lie a lot, sometimes they even apologise for it publicly, the Maschine abandonment for example)

• I would love to have Absynth or fm8 and I have no desktop pc and didn’t find anything yet that sounds similar

• I bought komplete 10...I use monarch...was a waste to me.

• Form looks very interesting! What would be the closest on IOS?

@eross said:
    awww man. i bought form for my desktop during black Friday sales. Man if you have samples you want to manipulate. this is the tool! On the face it is a simple concept and quick workflow, but you can go deep into this thing, and get some sounds that could never be played on anything else. it is it’s own instrument. i highly recommend , and would love to have this on an ipad. > @MonzoPro said:

• really isn’t anything else out there like it. but almost like you combined Egoist and Sampler. maybe A little Quanta > @AlleycatLA said:

Form looks very interesting! What would be the closest on IOS?

@eross said:

• I own Komplete 11 and just opened Form once in a lifetime :)
    I got a very cheap upgrade/crossgrade path so it was good value but i maybe use 5-10% of the content.
    I guess i will upgrade to Komplete 12 next time if the sale comes for €99 to get Kontakt 6 and Massive X plus a few other things. Ultimate would be a waste for me.
    You can say whatever you want but their upgrade and crossgrade offers are just very good.
    Also it‘s so easy to transfer licenses and sell stuff again if you want.
    Their yearly Christmas gifts are also nice and mostly give you another cheap upgrade for following products.

• @Turntablist said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:
    They should make some updates sooner or later due the latest S2mk3 has “iOS port” label under usb connector but IDK if actual Traktor dj app support the new hardware yet...

They cant port their hardware to IOS because it needs a driver and Apple doesn't allow 3rd party drivers, that is the official NI line, truth is actually they do not want to port it, Apple allows software to carry its own drivers for hardware on IOS, it is just more of the never ending back and forth you have to live with as an NI customer (They like to lie a lot, sometimes they even apologise for it publicly, the Maschine abandonment for example)

They said it’s for a future possible product. As of now, the iOS port in the new hardware is not compatible with the current version of Traktor on iOS. Sadly.

• @Turntablist said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

S2/4 mk2 are Traktor dj app compatible with the included in the app driver option you point so that label should mean new update and probably some changes but first they need to fix some bugs on Traktor 3 and sell some licenses. I expect news maybe on Xmas (from today to Santa) if they want to boost sales... but it could may not happen, who knows?

Anyways they had kept their garden closed over years but now DVS is open so maybe they keep iOS closed as garden but almost update apps. In that possible scenario class compliance + driverinapp could make sense. I want to believe in latter better than never but it’s NI so I don’t give a $h17 on them ATM. They need to do their homework first to even get me interested.
    Their forum is useless and users are getting nervous and a bit mad to a point I decided to leave it until news arrive or NI dj division buries by itself forever... but I get tired to waste time in forums and helping angry people.
    The new KK are nice but no midi din and not class compliant made them useless for my setup so I go for numa compact 2 and I’m so happy :wink:

Strange days for tables if you ask me @Turntablist I miss having an scratch devices sometimes but then I remember the keytar in the works and forget about all the djing mess... I wasn’t true scratch dj more than producer guy so I prefer look into dubwise/smartmixing before look back into scratch. It will be inside my heart but probably never more in my life or daily job. Sad...