Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New App - PolyPhase - Beta is open - not mine but seems very cool -

Comments

• This plus Photon is going to be fun.

• Can you export midi files?

• edited February 2019

@gusgranite said:
    Can you export midi files?

There are no plans for AU until AudioKit makes that easier. You can't export MIDI files, but that's something I will look into.

• Hey Marcos, just picked it up!

• Congrats, it's a great sequencer :)

• @mekohler said:

@gusgranite said:

There are no plans for AU until AudioKit makes that easier. You can't export MIDI files, but that's something I will look into.

Thank you!

• @gusgranite said:

Photon is gonna be your new best friend.

• @mekohler hi, is AB3 MIDI support implemented or planned?

From what I can tell the final beta shows up as an audio source but not natively on the AB3 MIDI page.

• Yeah, you can use polyphase virtual midi port in the AB3 midi page instead.

• I haven't enabled AB MIDI yet, it's on the list.

• Cool thanks for the info.

• @mekohler said:

@gusgranite said:

Marcos, is AUV3 support in Audiokits roadmap? I did a cursory google search and couldn’t find a quick answer. Polyphase is the first app I’ve purchased since “swearing off” all non-AUV3 apps going forward. I just loved the app during beta, so it was an instabuy.

• @Zjenji said:

@mekohler said:

@gusgranite said:

Marcos, is AUV3 support in Audiokits roadmap? I did a cursory google search and couldn’t find a quick answer. Polyphase is the first app I’ve purchased since “swearing off” all non-AUV3 apps going forward. I just loved the app during beta, so it was an instabuy.

I know in November they said they were working on making it easier to deal with AUv3 Audio. I haven't look into anything related to that, as it's beyond my current abilities.

• @mekohler said:

@Zjenji said:

@mekohler said:

@gusgranite said:

I know in November they said they were working on making it easier to deal with AUv3 Audio. I haven't look into anything related to that, as it's beyond my current abilities.

I believe most of us are interested in AUv3 MIDI generation.

• Ok, I still don't know enough currently. I need to talk to other devs :[

• @mekohler are you planning on adding Link? I’m not finding it easy to sync with other apps. Thanks.

• @gusgranite said:
    @mekohler are you planning on adding Link? I’m not finding it easy to sync with other apps. Thanks.

I'm using MIDIBUS for MIDI and I have reached out to the developer regarding Link support. If nothing comes of that I may switch to AudioKit when it adds Link support. It runs off of standard MIDI Clock and Transport Messages at the moment.

• edited February 2019

need to dive into Link when I get some free time

• @mekohler said:

@gusgranite said:
    @mekohler are you planning on adding Link? I’m not finding it easy to sync with other apps. Thanks.

I'm using MIDIBUS for MIDI and I have reached out to the developer regarding Link support. If nothing comes of that I may switch to AudioKit when it adds Link support. It runs off of standard MIDI Clock and Transport Messages at the moment.

Thank you. I’ve got a work around which is using ApeMatrix (thanks @rs2000).

• Just a note on what I am working on for the next update (some of these are done)

1) Return to host button when connected via IAA
    2) External MIDI Control of all Track Parameters. The CC #'s can be assigned freely and there is MIDI Learn
    3) Option to specify the Humanization % for people who want more velocity dynamics
    4) Recall of selected MIDI Ports between app launches

I hope to submit this by next week :]

• @mekohler said:

@Zjenji said:

@mekohler said:

@gusgranite said:

Perhaps this is what you’re referring to?

https://audiokitpro.com/auv3-midi-tutorial-part2/

• Video showing some random modulation coming from the Ribn app:
    https://streamable.com/oqfjc
  • Great thread !

i didn’t participate in the beta, but I bought the app today and learned a lot here!. I’m excited for any new features... especially humanizing velocity, AB 3 Midi, Gate lengths [ if possible] and an easy way to get midi out for more work!

Thanks to you all for the effort ... especially mekohler!

• Because each Track can send to a variety of interfaces, there is extensive parsing to make sure you don't send the same note_on / note_off twice, among other things. This means that each Track can't really have it's own MIDI note length. However, you can toggle the global Sustain (SUS) which can sustain all MIDI notes for a certain length (INF, .5n, 1n, 2n, 4n, 8n). This is equivalent to setting a global note length. Does that make sense?

I'm doing some final testing today / tomorrow and hope to submit the update after. One thing I managed to include in the update was having an option for each Track to sequence a CC value (along with it's notes). With this enabled, the Tracks can sequence any of the app's Parameters

After this update I am working on code cleanup, AB3MIDI, and some user requests. Following that, I will look into Ableton LINK. It's just me working on this in my free time, so bear with me!

• I appreciate all you’ve put into it! Auv3 support for AudioKit is still on track to be released by the summer according to their website, so we’ll have that to look forward to as well. Again, great work and a great app. Can’t recommend it enough.

• Update Out:

• Added External MIDI Control of the Track Parameters, Synth, FX, Snapshots, & Note Filter

• Each Track's Sequencer can now be used to sequence CC Values

• The Master Track's Compressed Range can now be specified

• Increased the note range of each Track by 3 notes (from F1-B3 to D1-B3)

• Added a return to host button when using IAA

• Added "Display Parameter Popup" option

• Added "Display Help Menu On Start" option

• Added option to set Humanization %

• LPF Resonance is now volume compensated

• Presets have been reworked

• Side Toggles, MIDI Ports, & Channels will now be recalled when launching the app

• Updated Help Menu

• Minor UI Updates

• Soooooo good!!!

• Great update good to see the cc Sequencer options. Be good to see some more videos of this box of tricks.

• Just FYI, the CC Sequencing is only sent internally so you can control the app's parameters. This was done because the range of the sequencer is not large, and you don't get a smooth / continuous CC output. This is fine to sequence the app, but it didn't seem ideal to sequence external stuff.