Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NaturalBornChiller - Yesterday's Echo

edited November 2018 in Creations

Some good old progressive trance :)

Pure iOS / single-app production including mastering (sorry, no Audiobus! :disappointed: )

Comments

• Nice!
    SunVox?

• My guess is Gadget :)

• edited November 2018

Caustic? ;P
    Super duper proper trance.

• Very nice @SevenSystems !
    I don’t have much experience with Trance and EDM music. But here in the forum I’m listening the music with a different mind because I’m in touch with the people here.

So I enjoyed your track and it inspired me to learn more about this style of electronic music.

😊

• Hm interesting... another full-stack music production studio ? Xenon, wasn’t that name of mini synth groovebox app from Ice Gear ? Any ETA, screenshots, more info ? ;-)

• edited November 2018

@audiblevideo thanks!

@wim @Samu @audiblevideo haha, you'll never guess it! :)

The track has been made from first note to final master in Xenon, which is the Xequence-based DAW I've been working on for the past 2 or 3 months. I hope to release it somewhere in 2057 ;)

• @chandroji thanks... yes, this particular style of EDM (I would classify it as "Deep Progressive Trance") is really not very common or popular, but I always deeply loved it :)

• This awesome!!!! Right up my alley!!!

• I was going to guess that "one app" must mean you've added a synth engine to the Xequence code because that's your baby for recording MIDI and driving almost any other app so... SoundCloud text confirmed:

Composed, arranged, produced, mixed & mastered in XENON, the Xequence-based all-in-one EDM music production app for iPad & iPhone -- out soon!

Let the perpetual "Is it soup yet?" thread start... 3-2-1. Go!

• @McDtracy said:
    I was going to guess that "one app" must mean you've added a synth engine to the Xequence code because that's your baby for recording MIDI and driving almost any other app so... SoundCloud text confirmed:

Composed, arranged, produced, mixed & mastered in XENON, the Xequence-based all-in-one EDM music production app for iPad & iPhone -- out soon!

Let the perpetual "Is it soup yet?" thread start... 3-2-1. Go!

I bought every possible IAP in Xequence so I hope you have a plan for us. By the way? "Is it soup yet?" I checked on iTunes and came up with nothing. It's been 15 minutes already! Get to work.

Try and beat George R. R. Martin's next book release to end the "Game of Thrones" Series or "A Tale of Fire and Ice".

• @McDtracy hehe. Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned it myself. The app will probably be not very interesting to the "average Audiobus user" as it'll almost certainly be a complete "walled garden" -- indeed much like SunVox, Gadget or Caustic. I've mentioned it in various threads here -- I still think a "proper" all-in-one is the most productive (and stable) music creation environment. You can see I'm keeping with my words :D

• @McDtracy concerning the soup: total development time for Xequence so far has been approximately a year... the FX, Modular synth and general audio system has now been in development for roughly 2 months... last time I checked, NS2 was in development for 5 years or so, so please eat some cookies to shorten the wait :D

• @SevenSystems said:
    @chandroji thanks... yes, this particular style of EDM (I would classify it as "Deep Progressive Trance") is really not very common or popular, but I always deeply loved it :)

Good stuff, reminds me of James Holden.
    Blocs Wave?

btw. that name was already taken 20 years ago, this song was huge back in the day.

• @1nsomniak James Holden... is that one half of Holden & Thompson?

Yes the project name... I'm not that happy about it anymore either... but I've now released roughly a dozen tracks under the name and I also like the logo, so it won't change I guess :neutral:

• tjatja
    edited November 2018

@SevenSystems said:
    @McDtracy hehe. Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned it myself. The app will probably be not very interesting to the "average Audiobus user" as it'll almost certainly be a complete "walled garden" -- indeed much like SunVox, Gadget or Caustic. I've mentioned it in various threads here -- I still think a "proper" all-in-one is the most productive (and stable) music creation environment. You can see I'm keeping with my words :D

As it seems, you can add NS2 to that list, at least starting without AudioBus or IAA.

I do not find this to be good step, to be honest.
    iOS is about getting Apps together and choosing the components that fit you best.
    I would prefer to see AudioBus, IAA and AU support!

Anyway, your new App sounds very interesting - and seems to be finished already :D :) :) :)
    Get it out already ;)

BTW, the name is already taken:
    XENON Synthesizer by iceWorks, Inc.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/xenon-synthesizer/id385498073?l=en&mt=8

• @tja yes someone else already pointed me at the other Xenon app... I'll of course use a different name then. I swear I Googled!

I guess that both approaches, "modular" and "in the box", are valid and just fit different personality types and expectations. That's why it's nice that there's choice! (Xequence will of course see continued development, as it shares most of its codebase with Xenon (or whatever). So there's no need to worry there!)

• Well as long as you know about the name you can decide, it was a big tune but also a one hit wonder afaik, likely a one time side project from some of the label crew. Mostly old farts like me would remember lol.

I think thats the same Holden with Thompson.
    Heres one of his tracks that turned me on to him.
    Im not even usually a trance guy but he has that dark progressive edge that makes it stand out.

• edited November 2018

@1nsomniak said:
    Well as long as you know about the name you can decide, it was a big tune but also a one hit wonder afaik, likely a one time side project from some of the label crew. Mostly old farts like me would remember lol.

I think thats the same Holden with Thompson.
    Heres one of his tracks that turned me on to him.
    Im not even usually a trance guy but he has that dark progressive edge that makes it stand out.

Ahhh, nice. Yes that's the same Holden then. Here's the track I liked most from him:

(now that I listen to it again, I can see why you drew the connection to Yesterday's Echo :))

• @SevenSystems said:
    @tja yes someone else already pointed me at the other Xenon app... I'll of course use a different name then. I swear I Googled!

I guess that both approaches, "modular" and "in the box", are valid and just fit different personality types and expectations. That's why it's nice that there's choice! (Xequence will of course see continued development, as it shares most of its codebase with Xenon (or whatever). So there's no need to worry there!)

While we wait can we have a "name the app" contest and the winner gets to buy it a day early when it ships in 2020 after the waiting game reaches a fever pitch.

I'd like to nail down the permutations of your "work in progress" name so you can change it using a find/replace feature in your code editor:

NoNex
    NexOn
    Exxonn
    XeNo N
    Xenno
    Onnex

Now ask yourself... why did you alert us to an app you haven't finished? Is it because we never write, we never call?

• @wim said:
    Xenophily

Xenofile? Xenophone?

@SevenSystems: Any updates on the new DAW? I hear it's a real Game Changer.

I can't wait.

Can you add the feature for it to send MIDI sequences to other copies of the App owned by users that open their instance to remote access over the Internet? Sort of a peer-to-peer based "band" aggregation capability. The world's first "Viral DAW" with "Musically Transmitted Virus" capability. The game change would be having your iPad infected with someone else's ear worms.

• Was this all made on xequence ?

• @McDtracy I didn't intentionally alert anyone ;) I really did post the Soundcloud link to get some feedback on the track, sounds and fx to see if I'm on the right, ehhh, track :)

Not sure how serious you were on the viral music thing, but the answer is certainly no ;) since the day this sick GDPR bullshit hit, I've removed all internet communication functionality from all apps and it won't come back...

@reasOne, well yes, its (not so) secret evil twin ;)

• @SevenSystems said:

Not sure how serious you were on the viral music thing

I think I need to enclose my "jokes" in some kind of bracket set.

I was trying to create the most outrageous "feature request" I could think of. But I did learn something new with your GDPR clue. I Googled it and can see how it could have unintended consequences.

We have had our share of crazy regulations in the US as well. The fines mentioned in GDPR seem extreme and open to abuses.

Good luck with your new project.

Your music sounds very polished and an excellent example of the EDM genre.

• @McDtracy said:
    @SevenSystems said:

Not sure how serious you were on the viral music thing

I think I need to enclose my "jokes" in some kind of bracket set.

I was trying to create the most outrageous "feature request" I could think of. But I did learn something new with your GDPR clue. I Googled it and can see how it could have unintended consequences.

We have had our share of crazy regulations in the US as well. The fines mentioned in GDPR seem extreme and open to abuses.

Good luck with your new project.

Your music sounds very polished and an excellent example of the EDM genre.

No worries, I was almost 96.862% sure you weren't being serious ;)

The GDPR stuff is the craziest thing that has ever happened in the history of idiotic regulations -- it affects all parts of everyday life for EU citizens, the consequences of it are absolutely crazy. Essentially, it bans communication. But that's for a political forum... ;)