Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

[SOLVED] iPad Pro 10.5 Battery charging stopped at 94% !?!

edited November 2018 in Other

Since a few days I noticed that my iPad Pro 10.5 stopped at 94% when charging the battery!

Did anyone else have / had the same problem? What is going wrong, can I check some IOS settings or you think it can be a hardware problem?

My iPad is still in warranty. Do you suggest contact the Apple support?
What you would do?

Thanks a lot for your your suggestions how to fix the problem! 🙏

Comments

• Buy another cable or plug it in somewhere else. These things are fickle sometimes.

• Mine does that too, sometimes it gets to 100. I never worried about it. iPad still working fine.

• edited November 2018

yep, happens to me too, mostly when I've been keeping the device plugged in most of the time and only dropping down to about 80% in-between charges.

If I use my iPad on battery down below 50%, then it seems to charge full to 100% again.

I assume it is part of Apple's battery health management built in to iOS.

I see this on my iPad Pro 12.9 gen 1 from 2015

• Try also a "reset settings"

• You have to recalibrate your battery. Discharge it completely then charge it again to full. Damn, I thought the newest batteries didn't have this problem anymore.

• Exact thing happened to my ipad pro 10.5 last week. Has never happened before on any apple devices so I was worried, tried a bunch of different cables and adapters and was about to reset it but fortunately the real fix was very easy. Don't worry about troubleshooting cables or anything, just do exactly this:
    Run the battery down completely to 0% until the iPad shuts down, this is not harmful to the battery so just kill it however you see fit, I wanted to do it quickly so just opened basically every app and had them running in the background. Playing video on full brightness would also work. Once it shuts itself off plug it in to charge and leave it alone. Let it fully charge. Just like that it's back to 100% and functioning properly. I haven't had an issue since.

• Bei mir hat schon der Neustart des iPads das Problem gelöst (auf dem sind es üblicherweise 96%).

• If it says ‘not charging’ just leave it plugged in.
    Mine will do that too, at any point beyond 80-85%, occasionally.
    It freaked me out too the first times it happened.
    I left it plugged in one time, and it still charged up to 100%, despite saying ‘not charging’.
    Now I just ignore that message.

Sometimes it gets stuck at 99%, but when I unplug it, it suddenly says 100%.
    I think the battery indicator isn’t entirely accurate.

• Check the battery condition. Beside that the idea with complete empty ipad charging is a good one, although I thought the batteries got better without that issue

Was steht bei dir, wenn du auf Einstellung, Batterie und dann Zustand klickst? Mein iPhone sagt dann 86% und das ädt immer schön bis 100%.
    Die Idee mit nem anderen Kabel find ich gut, aber auch das vollständige entladen (geht ja prima mit AudioCopy in der Hintergrundaktivität, danke retronyms) und dann nochmal vollständig laden.

• That's happened to me a few times too. Usually just restarting the ipad causes it to jump to 100% as it should be.

• edited November 2018

I noticed this behavior since a week or so. Never before.
    Day before yesterday I finally thought something is wrong! Then I noticed that I was not updating the last IOS 12.1 so I did it! After the update the iPad charging 100% again so everything was fine. But when charging yesterday it stops again at 94%!
    So I reset the iPad , killing all background tasks and finally restarted the iPad. Problem still exists... 😎

Thanks a lot for all your suggestions! 🙏
    Happy that is not a serious problem! Now I will change the cable, if I have still the problem I will bring down the battery to 0% before charging. I will reporting... 😊👍

Danke schön! 🙏

• You actually need to bring it down to 0%. The problem is not the battery being not full, it's the gauge which is not calibrated properly anymore. So go down to 0 then charge it to full. It should be fine afterwards.

• Don't keep it plugged in for extended durations - it could have memory effect.

• @Norbert said:
    You actually need to bring it down to 0%. The problem is not the battery being not full, it's the gauge which is not calibrated properly anymore

Done! 0% - Now charging...

I will report tomorrow! 😊

• Yeah, I think this is with the Pros. My 12.9” 2017 sometimes stops at 96-94% and then if you just power cycle it it goes back. I usually just don’t care and leave it anyway.

• @chandroji said:

@Norbert said:
    You actually need to bring it down to 0%. The problem is not the battery being not full, it's the gauge which is not calibrated properly anymore

Done! 0% - Now charging...

I will report tomorrow! 😊

I’m back to 100%! 😊
    Hope I will get the 100% also in the next days...

Thanks a lot to all!🙏

• Too bad problem solved @chandroji. Perfect reason to get that new 11" you are salivating for! Bad battery!

• @LinearLineman said:
    Too bad problem solved @chandroji. Perfect reason to get that new 11" you are salivating for! Bad battery!

I was really interested in the 11‘ Pro but I’m happy that I resisted up to now.
    Good luck for me that I read the related forumthreads here. I’m sure if I bought the 11 already just too find out there are massive audio problems, I would be very disappointed.

Love my „old“ 10.5 and 12.9! They are working nicely for my needs!😊

• I recently bought a used 256 Pro2. Couldn't be happier. I think you made the right choice @chandroji!

• @LeonKowalski said:
    Bei mir hat schon der Neustart des iPads das Problem gelöst (auf dem sind es üblicherweise 96%).

Don't you have your own Audiobus forum down in Germany and Austria?

• @supadom said:

@LeonKowalski said:
    Bei mir hat schon der Neustart des iPads das Problem gelöst (auf dem sind es üblicherweise 96%).

No, we meet at the Hofbräuhaus to discuss our great Volksmusik. :)

• @LeonKowalski said:

@supadom said:

@LeonKowalski said:

No, we meet at the Hofbräuhaus to discuss our great Volksmusik. :)

• edited November 2018

@chandroji said:

@LinearLineman said:
    Too bad problem solved @chandroji. Perfect reason to get that new 11" you are salivating for! Bad battery!

I was really interested in the 11‘ Pro but I’m happy that I resisted up to now.
    Good luck for me that I read the related forumthreads here. I’m sure if I bought the 11 already just too find out there are massive audio problems, I would be very disappointed.

Love my „old“ 10.5 and 12.9! They are working nicely for my needs!😊

Yeah, I think unless you need the bigger screen like I did, for drawing purpose essentially, you don't have to upgrade from 10.5 to 11. The 10.5 is powerful enough for most music productions.

• I guess iOS does not indicate the exact battery percentage, it indicates what it believes to be the most probable percentage. Indeed does a full discharge readjust that percentage indicator, but I'm not sure if a full recharge leaves the battery completely unharmed. With a full discharge you have one full charging cycle less, from the assumed 1000 cycles for lithium-based batteries.

So what should one do if the battery indicator isn't adjusted anymore? Leave it as it is, and know that those 9x% indicated are indeed 100%, and just wait until one day it will adjust itself? That's what I do. Or do a full discharge? I don't know which one is better.

Besides, lithium-based batteries are said to expose no memory effect. But maybe it does, just not so prominent as in nickel- or plombium-based batteries? And who knows, maybe one full discharge per year has advantages?