Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

JOB DESCRIPTION: Independent Lab Researcher in Musical Science - "It's Alive!"

This weekends buying spree has caused me to rationalize my own behavior.

I know I can't use, let alone understand all the Apps I own. So, why do I covet additional tools? It's science!

I covet useful tools for musical science experiments. Many here are doing basic research and using the scientific method (also know socially as "messing around").

I keep discovering (personal) findings that inform my process and the results are improving. I tend not to publish but I do share key learnings with anyone that might care. There's a collegial environment here that seems to understand and value these pursuits of new sounds, techniques and the effective evaluation of new tools.

Apps like ApeMatrix, Moebius Lab, Audulus, SunVox and many others are scientific tools for reproducing musical experiments.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. The credit card bill will be shocking. I have stocked the Lab and saved $100's for another year of research.

I think we should grant Honorary Degrees to folks like @_Ki, @Telefunky...

Are you doing experiments too?

Comments

• Well, for me all and every kind of sound generation is an experiment... o:)
    As neither an educated nor trained musician, on one hand I take the position of an observer (no matter if it's a real guitar or a synth) - and on the other hand just let the sound make my mind drift. That's basically all about it - but I have to admit I piled up way too much 'tools and toys' over the years. Shit happens...

• @Telefunky said:
    Well, for me all and every kind of sound generation is an experiment... o:)

It was my PM conversation with you that slipped me the clue:
    some people approach these Apps and the hardware as Lab equipment for experiments in perfecting sound engineering.

Your recorded works showed how you could produce really stellar sounds and that was enough. Not making music but mastering tools and technology.

Very eye opening and it helped me understand my own passion for collecting the best Apps... working with them to a degree and getting more.

The Cubasis approach began to fall back in favor or "test rigs" of Apps in AB3/AUM and then a move to ApeMatrix to create ever more complex networks of audio, MIDI and Control (LFO) arrangements.

It's very fulfilling for the curious mind:

Science is a systematic enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions about the universe.

We're not crazy after all. We might not be musicians in the traditional sense but we can be useful to them showing new methods and how they can be assembled from good tools.