Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Looks quite interesting, are those prices Black Friday prices or stay longer?

• tjatja
    edited November 2018

And maybe you can just run this thing on Windows and control an iOS DAW or AudioBus / AUM over Link???
    :o

• Possibly, and yes those are BF prices

• edited November 2018

When are they going to make Windows run in an AUv3?

NOTE: I'm kidding. I'd want OS X in an AU as a MIDI FX device of course so I can run it in BM3 but Windows would be interesting too 'cause you could open the AU to edit Word docs.

NOTE: That was more kidding. See how I'm embedding a joke within a joke... "It's turtles all the way down."

That last part was serious expect for the crap about turtles: if you stack up an infinite number of turtles you'd kill an infinite number of them and they move after attempting to hump the one below them.

NOTE: I tagged another joke on there. Metaphor's are sustainable infinitely but stuff that has to do real work requires a lot more planning than asking everything add "AUv3".

Time for some real work.

• Anybody bought this?
    Can it connect live to an iOS DAW or Synths like iSymphonic?
    If not, can it export MIDI files that can be read on iOS?

• The reviewer in the video used Ableton as his output target and you'll need an output system to hear anything at all. On that system you could record.
    But (as explained in the video) it's an aweful amount of work to setup all those instruments with their respective articulation.

Imho Orb Composer is very similiar to Band-in-a-Box, but uses a completely different GUI approach and a different naming scheme.
    It probably fits the 'DAW composer' much better than BiaB's kind of sheet/style operation.
    But both aren't quickies and take a serious amount of time and effort if it comes to full arrangement.
    While Orb Composer is entirely focussed on midi output, BiaB does midi and a special audio re-assemble mode (applied to it's real track instruments).